9 10 11 12 13
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/29/17 10:17 a.m.
Noser7 wrote: BTW I just made this account just to talk to you bro your truck inspired me all sick I'm pumped I'm digging those fender flares too

this community is unlike any other on the web...hell, probably better than most IRL. Welcome to the fray.

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
6/30/17 9:15 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Thanks bro I appreciate the welcome lots of new ideas just waiting to get harnessed!!

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
7/2/17 9:38 p.m.

Hey bro I was gonna ask you what's the part number on those long tube headers you used?

I wanna try these Hedman 88390

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
7/5/17 7:14 a.m.

In reply to Noser7:

I believe I've got Flowtech's #12104. I wouldn't necessary buy what I'm using though. My Flowtechs DEFINITELY did not just drop in. I had to trim the frame rails and dodge around the steering shaft. I originally had a set a set of Hedman shorties that fit much better. I believe they are made specifically for a ranger/302 swap. I might still have them on the shelve and would consider selling them if your interested.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
7/5/17 8:01 a.m.

Well I was able to successfully load the truck on the car trailer for the 2nd event of the season. I ended up postponing the idea of a quick-connect front clip. It'll be a good winter project though. For the mean time I'll be using a new set of '6 steel trailer ramps and a pair of '6 aluminum ramps. With '12 of ramp I have less than 5 degrees worth of ramp angle.

I had been having some errantic pressure drop issues with the summit racing "blue" pump and replaced it with a really nice aeromotive unit. The aeromotive cured the pressure issues.

Loaded up and headed to the 2nd event for the year.

The truck did well again. Most of the improvements will now come from me getting use too and more comfortable with the truck.

Cab Corner View

I'll be raising the rev limiter a fair amount for the next event. It looks like to was set to ~5400 for some reason.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
7/5/17 8:28 a.m.

Photo-suck-it strikes again!

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
7/6/17 9:46 a.m.

Well that really maims this build thread, and many others. I wonder how/what/if I should go about fixing this?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/6/17 2:33 p.m.
JGRAHAM wrote: Well that really maims this build thread, and many others. I wonder how/what/if I should go about fixing this?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/please-stop-using-photobucket-please/130691/page1/

http://photoberkit.com/copper/index.php

Its the way the cool kids are hosting images now for GRM build threads

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
7/6/17 5:54 p.m.

Thanks again bro I appreciate the input. Yea I have seen those hedman shorties but honestly I'd rather just put the extra effort and slap on some long tubes instead. I recently bought some dynomax long tubes for a fox for 40$ but these def don't fit. I got my eye on some patriot long tubes that look much better fit wise and I don't mind chopping up the frame.

Thank you

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
8/8/17 10:36 a.m.

Hey bro been meaning to tell you about the irs setup. Recently i cqme across the 2015+ mustang gt IRS for sale on ebay from disc to disc including the pumpkin for around 600$ bro

Just a heads up because i also wanted to run the lincoln mark 8 irs but if the mustang gt IRS can be bought and its a better platform why nooooot

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
8/8/17 11:27 a.m.

I bought a Supra IRS complete and is now for sale, as I have decided to use a 3 link in my project instead, for ease of tuning.

Note: the Supra shares the Ford bolt pattern.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
8/28/17 4:42 p.m.

Sorry I've been quite busy lately and the whole photobucket ordeal really pissed me off. I still haven't successfully downloaded my PB albums yet and it sounds like most aren't successful either.

Yes, I recently came to the same IRS conclusion. The 2015+ mustang IRS is leaps and bounds better. I snagged a complete rotor to rotor unit the other day of Ebay.

On another note....I now have a Photoberkit account, but how do I add photos into a post with it?

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/28/17 8:51 p.m.

In reply to JGRAHAM:

I right click on the image to get the image URL. There's probably a better way though.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
8/29/17 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

Thanks, I got it going now! Time for more photo updates.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
8/29/17 5:27 p.m.

Over the course of the summer I've tried to hit as many events as I can. I believe I've done 4 or 5 now. I've tried my best to not drastically change the setup this summer and simply learn what it's capable of as is.

I have done a few little improvements, as well as work that I'll use in next years setup.

Added an oil can catch.

MSD 6AL2 programmable ignition box with a matching MSD billet distributor.

Replaced a leaking rear main seal.

I've also started work on widening a set of FR500s so I can run a 335 square setup next season.

And lastly a few event photos.

A few Youtube videos:

SLA Front Suspension View

SLA Front Suspension Side View

Cab Top View

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/29/17 6:20 p.m.
JGRAHAM wrote: I've also started work on widening a set of FR500s so I can run a 335 square setup next season.

Ah yes. How much rubber do we need? All of it.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
8/29/17 6:44 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

Absolutely!

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
8/31/17 3:13 a.m.

Hell yea finally some updates looking good bro. Do you think you can swap some coil overs on the mustang irs?? I think that stock shock would get in the way of the bed..

Anyways berkeleying pumped for your build bro. Im bareley getting around to wiring up my 5.0 into my ranger, lots or parking issues but now im All set.

Ive been dreaming of my ranger fully IRS'd for a veeeery long time and your doing it hell yea im digging those flares too. 2 dayd ago i came up on a pair of fr500 17x9 for 100$ chrome stupid cheap i love offer up

Noser7
Noser7 New Reader
8/31/17 3:32 a.m.

And those sexy ass big ass brakes in the rear!! Ima need some pointers on how your gonna do it bro

Gimp
Gimp SuperDork
8/31/17 8:37 a.m.

Sorry, I have to.

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
9/1/17 5:06 p.m.

In reply to Noser7:

Thanks! Yes I plan on using the exact same Ridetech coilover that I'm using on the front for the rear as well.

STM317
STM317 Dork
9/1/17 5:54 p.m.

Have you measured the new IRS? The Tbird and 99-04 Cobra IRS is several inches wider than the stock Ranger axle, and I've heard that the newer Mustang IRS is several inches wider than the older IRS assemblies. When you add the increased width, plus your wider wheels, is it going to fit under there, or will you have to redo the flares?

JGRAHAM
JGRAHAM Reader
9/1/17 7:15 p.m.

In reply to STM317:

Thanks for the heads up. I just assumed they would be pretty close. I'll measure it tomorrow.

It will definitely be a wide setup no matter what with the new wheels though. I'm prepared to redo the flares if need be.

STM317
STM317 Dork
9/2/17 7:06 a.m.

Just for reference, my 04 cobra rear end is 62.5" between wheel mounting surfaces.

The newer IRS seems like a nice setup, I hope it works out for you. I just wouldn't want it to feel like you're driving a dually through the cones. With the rear being quite a bit wider than the front, it would make placing the truck difficult. Hopefully you don't run into that though.

gumby
gumby New Reader
9/2/17 7:49 a.m.

A couple more points of reference,

the original rear axle in you truck is 57.5"

I run wheels with 3" more backspace in the rear of my truck vs the front to cover the extra width of the mn12 IRS.

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JatAxGCPLvw0yyWxMd6Jgc9ctSwahsUTOC2PMYggvWOJqxWkp6XaruJ69wD59vqZ