dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/7/15 4:26 p.m.

I need a moment alone. .. .. .

Very nice!!!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
7/7/15 8:03 p.m.

Awesome. I'm a purist I suppose, but I love ford's and audi's making this interesting on every level.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
7/8/15 4:39 p.m.

Well the 6speed is in but the shift linkage hits the intake pipe so I guess I'm making a new intake setup this week,

de80q
de80q New Reader
7/9/15 2:07 a.m.

This is a seriously awesome project! I love the mixed technology. There is a fox body running an I5 20vt motor, but not the whole quattro setup.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
7/9/15 4:38 p.m.

I just found a picture of it, is it done now? Looks sweet and I bet it's fun ;)

de80q
de80q New Reader
7/9/15 10:53 p.m.

I honestly know very little about that project. It was another cool project that disappeared.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
12/30/15 9:04 a.m.
de80q
de80q New Reader
12/30/15 10:50 a.m.

I have to say it again, this is an awesome project!

I'm getting ready to swap an 01E into my project. Where did you get the syncros for yours?

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
12/30/15 11:03 a.m.

I like the dog in the ice pool he seems pretty happy! also the build is very rad.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
12/30/15 12:37 p.m.

The syncros and full rebuild kit was from JHMotosports.com Ive used their kits before and they are great. Also thanks for the positive feedback guys :P The pup loved the ice pool because it was like 85 outside and he also just loves chomping on ice cubes haha

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
12/30/15 1:02 p.m.

dang, I used to live in MKE, would've loved to come lend a wrench hand (not that you need it!).

Still in chicago so maybe I'll get to see this car in person at some point.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
12/30/15 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Pwndbymustang:

Epic project! also, we have the same taste in music. That Flight Service remix blew my mind the first time I heard it.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
12/31/15 9:29 a.m.

I should have it at Great Lakes Dragaway this coming spring so it's only about an hour from Chicago :P @singleslammer: that song had me hooked right away too ;)

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
12/31/15 10:05 a.m.

Wait a second here....at the start of the video it looks like you are using a TIG torch as a heat source to remove frozen bolts? Am I seeing this right? How does that not go all wrong?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
12/31/15 11:42 a.m.

I love this build. But when I had my A6 Bi-Turbo with a 6 speed manual, I thought of the opposite: 5.0 and a T-5 with a different front suspension for the A6! Hahah

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
12/31/15 6:46 p.m.

Lol normally to remove that bolt(which is always seized) u need a lot of heat and I thought that 200 amps could do it and out of the 4 cars I've removed these bolts on this was gravy and it also has more miles then any other car I've done it on.@rossd the t5 I hated soooooooo much, it's like closing large water valves to shift and the 01e is pinky pressure shifting and waaaaaaaayyy more beefy internally but u can't beat the price of t5's

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
1/6/16 11:09 p.m.

This is lunacy. Up there with the most irrational builds I've seen on this board.

Amazing that it's coming together like this.

What are all of those neat-o light-up switch/buttons for?

AntiArrhythmic
AntiArrhythmic New Reader
1/7/16 2:41 p.m.

This build is epic. I love it.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
1/7/16 2:57 p.m.

Wow, this thing has only gotten crazier since the last time I stepped in.

Who made the relay board? I feel like I would have taken the opportunity to get some fancy race-car PDM from someone, but I also bet those cost a billion dollars.

edit: Wow, yeah, a Motec PDM15 costs like $2500 on eBay and the control panel is still more on top of that. I think my entire collection of cars costs less than a Motec PDM.

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
1/7/16 4:13 p.m.
Pwndbymustang wrote: I should have it at Great Lakes Dragaway this coming spring so it's only about an hour from Chicago :P @singleslammer: that song had me hooked right away too ;)

Just post in here when you are getting ready to go, I have a few cars that need to make it to a drag strip this spring too.

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
1/8/16 3:03 a.m.

Lol thanks again guys, the switch panel is an ARC 12000 and the relay board came with the switches and each switch is good for 30 amps because each have a relay and are fuse on the board. The quality of the wires and everything is really good. I even dropped that 1.75" .134 wall steel dash tube on the relay panel on accident and everything still worked.

I did look into those PDMs and they are sexy but I couldn't justify almost $4000 in switches and controllers when the whole car is sitting at about $7k all in.

The switches control the oil return pump for the turbo, the headlights, cooling fans, interior fan(no ac), dome lights(coming soon), meth injection(soon), water pump for water-to-air intercooler in passenger seat, gauge power, and whatever else I plan on adding later.

@robbie: I'll for sure let u know, I gotta order my season pass soon :P

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/8/16 4:27 a.m.

You are...and I mean this in the most complimentary way possible...out of your mind, you sick, sick, beautiful, crazy bastard.

Congratulations, you fit in perfectly

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
1/9/16 1:03 a.m.

lol that's my goal ;) thanks I'm glad to fit in haha

Pwndbymustang
Pwndbymustang New Reader
2/4/16 3:57 a.m.

I'm working at getting all my annoying leaks dealt with(hate this stuff) and its supposed to snow a good amount soon so I hope I can get some footage of this thing frolicking in the snow :P

My last drive with this was super rich, about 9.9:1 afr at idle(didn't have time to change fueling in the tune) but it was still very responsive which seems odd to me but I'll take it. I will be leaning it out today, and hopefully using my 3D printed laser alignment tools to get this thing nice and straight. Last time this was at the track it was a death trap with how bad the alignment.

Here's how I tested my 3D printed pieces on my Audi just to see how it worked(btw it worked really well)

photo AB673EB1-63A1-4BBF-98F8-EFBE259E7CB0_zpsfntjmzdj.jpg

photo 9FD6C4DD-0A6D-44A8-B9FD-B3CABF805836_zps8vl7hbdj.jpg

photo 58E5A02D-1FBD-4666-BBF0-1B5BE56DFBCB_zpsbxcqd39l.jpg

photo FAC28875-6FE0-4240-A512-3CE13BA4A8AE_zpscla0tqjk.jpg

photo D60BCEBC-BAEE-4750-A137-19EBBFEB4557_zpsrl3qtzog.png

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
2/4/16 3:30 p.m.

Those are way cooler than just holding a piece of plywood against the wheel hub and squinting.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
25xGdi3OdvLOtLJPuVjpnYZRH4MK8mZcMDXadDhYuNwrCo5RFTiLD6prgFOwi0Ly