1 2
jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
2/3/22 11:16 p.m.

Way to go Andrey!

Have you done anything with your VW project?

russian
russian Reader
2/4/22 10:46 p.m.

That old Audi I am hiding from the owner :) car it too old too weird :( I got myself a totally different volkswagen in the meantime also for direct injection experiments

anyway I broke the car a while hacking into TCU CAN wires. While transmission works, I've killed dynamic stability control system which seems to affect power steering. I think the problem is in this cure routing

russian
russian Reader
2/15/22 10:49 p.m.

a lot of great progress. My man-in-the-middle CAN filter works, I now control which messages TCU is receiving and which messages TCU is allowed to send back to the vehicle. Having the list of required CAN messages is about 40% of the overall TCU gateway subproject.

In the meantime I am enjoying trivial repairs, such a good feeling to address dash board lights/messages!

Replaced 5W5 license plate lamp - one message is gone.

Replace one of the four cam position sensors - one error code is gone.

Waiting for some used parts from California hopefully to address another three codes, well at least one for sure :)

Turned out that this car needs HPFP repair as apparantly all of those need but they also say it's a trivial matter. Overall things are unexpectely easy (knock on metal) with that barge!

russian
russian Reader
2/20/22 10:07 p.m.

Last check engine code was one of EVAP solenoids. I've wasted too much time before I've realized that I was trying to replace the wrong one! That's now done, I have no check engine light and that's REALLY exciting.

Just replaced the membrane on one of the HPFPs - it was a bit of a hairy experience but looks done. That's it, I am not wrenching.

Overall it's amazing how all typical issues are covered by youtube. Youtube has the instructions on how to bypass seat occupancy sensor with diode and resistor - I migh do that in summer just for fun. Youtube has the instructions on how to swap failed plastic gear in electronic parking brake with metal aftermarket but on my vehicle it's under the rear seat fridge so I will just live without parking brake.

Done wrenching - now focusing on standalone ECU fun!

russian
russian Reader
4/6/22 6:24 p.m.

On the left rusEFI board trying to replace BMW GDI injector driver box on the right. We shall see :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vftWeJyVZhA1LRPpPog0BW3LrqSqVmxVWuvUpyp2HLywC4nrLsWuucz6D5CidiQg