Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/26/22 5:57 p.m.

Greetings,

The bro-in-law picked me up at 6:00 am Saturday and took me to Hartsfield-Atlanta Airport in his Jag F-Pace It's a little newer than the XK8. And everything works.

Arrived at O'hare Chicago to jwagner and the new toy,

We drove to about 7miles over the Wisconsin border where we had a salutary nosh at the "World Renowned" Brat Stop. We had brats. When he wasn't looking I slipped away and drove to Indianapolis with the intent of touring the Indy Motor Speedway Museum on Sunday with no intention of Kissing The Bricks but a trip around the track sounded like fun. Then I broke my middle toe in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom, said "#$%&*! it" and headed home. 

I don't know how you northern winter people tolerate the abysmal road conditions. The further south the better the roads. Is it also possible the old tires were softening up? The best visual and driving part were the Appalachians, especially approaching Asheville. If all of the SUVs didn't think they could drive like Speed Racer I could have driven more like Speed Racer and kept up with that gen II MR2 with no bumpers.

Home

Mr Froggypants, greeted me at the door. His girlfriend, Miss Froggles, also lives on the porch in a Japanese Maple, (Acer palmatum Tsukasa Silhouette).

Stopping for now.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/26/22 7:16 p.m.

I just ate at the Brat Stop.  Kenosha!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/26/22 7:17 p.m.

Glad to see that it lives on in the GRM family.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/26/22 9:11 p.m.

Good to see its still kicking.  It's basically indestructible...

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/27/22 8:45 a.m.

The next chapter begins!  Glad it was an uneventful road trip for the car.  The toe took one for the team.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/28/22 12:08 p.m.

Apologies, been very sick. I will be back when better.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/28/22 12:45 p.m.

There are more expensive ways to get picked up at the airport in a jaguar, and many of them you don't even get to keep the car.

Nice work!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yKrMsdite0CfiNYG84BQprpyj1y6HxlLggs4N3WN7ZDvUH63goN1TClFJVTQtyHB