1 2 3
petey
petey Reader
5/11/22 11:12 p.m.

Picked up a 1990 Reatta today. Drove it 140 km no worries even though the brakes were sketchy and its sat a lonnnng time

Bone stock low miler with the famous 3800 thats just begging for boost either factory blower or preferably a single turbski

Anybody ever had one? If so any mods done?

petey
petey Reader
5/11/22 11:24 p.m.

Things crazy sweet.cruises like a dream, suspension is soooo nice on crappy ontario roads

Everything on it works except the ac which im gonna try and actually fix for a change.

Respray red paint is horribly flat.. .but i used some mothers prewax cleaner and the paint just brightened right up so tomorrow ill buff the hell out of it 

petey
petey Reader
5/11/22 11:26 p.m.

Pulled all the dash faces off because damn theres a lot of mouse remnants in here...most notably in the console

petey
petey Reader
5/11/22 11:28 p.m.

The interior on this thing i absolutely love. New touch screen double din shows up tomorrow because a damn tape deck will not do

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/12/22 6:35 a.m.

Super lucky. You don't have the earliest model that had touch screen hvac controls. They fail and can not be fixed.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/12/22 6:53 a.m.

I love it. I would leave the tape deck though for the aesthetic.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/12/22 7:13 a.m.

I think it's cool. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
5/12/22 8:57 a.m.

Jealous? Yeah, a little bit. These are neat

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
5/12/22 9:04 a.m.

Waiting for the after buffing pics....

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/12/22 9:17 a.m.

i would pop in a Scorpions cassette and rock that like a hurricane!

Trent
Trent PowerDork
5/12/22 9:46 a.m.

There is an absolutely mint one locally that I see at various dog parks around town. Not my thing but I will admit I do a double take every time I see it.

petey
petey Reader
5/12/22 9:52 a.m.

The tape deck and most of rhe dash panels are already out for cleaning and demousification

Have to fab a cup holder to replace the enormous (and never ever used thank gord) ashtray.need a spot for my timmies

And the big buff will begin shortly, already autosol'd the brake and front turn lenses, huge improvement already

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/12/22 10:05 a.m.

The older I get the more I completely understand who vehicles like this were marketed toward. 

petey
petey Reader
5/12/22 10:14 a.m.

As a 55 year old dude who only likes highway driving this car is perfect.not a sports car  OH NO it is not.better tires would help but this things just not made dor corners and such

But at 120 kmh its soooo good.the seats are like a nice big puffy recliner, it ignores bumps in the road, the visibility is fantastic all around thanks to the weird back window, its near perfect

It only feels "quickish" whwn you manually shift it, the trans is determined to not let you feel it shift and keep the revs as low as possible. At 100 kmh its turning 1600 rpm and to pass you need to manually pull it down to third as downshifts werent programmed into it apparently

Placemotorsports
5/12/22 10:59 a.m.

I don't think older Buicks were designed to pass anyone

bentwrench
bentwrench UltraDork
5/12/22 12:12 p.m.

Hence the need for boost!

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
5/12/22 12:23 p.m.

These have never been on my radar before but now... hmmm

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
5/12/22 12:51 p.m.

Get a buffer on that thing. Now. Lol

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
5/12/22 1:34 p.m.

That rear window looks an awful lot like a windshield.   Not my thing but if you like it rock on!

Asphalt_Gundam
Asphalt_Gundam Reader
5/12/22 1:40 p.m.

There's an M90 sitting on my shelf not being used....

petey
petey Reader
5/12/22 1:45 p.m.

Its buffed.just used  a prewax cleaner then the 27 year old black und decker buffer shat the bed

But even without a final polish it looks 1000 times better

Just broke in my new shop vac on the huuuuge amount of mouse nests.found 6 altogether mostly in the trunk using that jute carpet backing crap

Brakes just arrived and soon hopefully the new deck.if it doesnt i have a kickass option, will post pix in a bit

Placemotorsports
5/12/22 2:57 p.m.

and no pics?

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
5/12/22 3:27 p.m.

BUICK BROTHER! Nice car mate!  Cant wait to see what you do with her.

petey
petey Reader
5/12/22 3:46 p.m.

petey
petey Reader
5/12/22 3:47 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9713hO2lJqVr0PMolR90sjME6gELCdclq7RfC9rC9h2lGcaXvoUy5z9LHNwaBPS3