Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/17/20 8:44 a.m.

Door time

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/18/20 9:40 a.m.

"Hi this is jeff from abc supply your siding is all here and ready for pickup"

branch manager had it scheduled for delivery today, apparently jeff didn't know this.  Manager also hooked me up because it's for my own house and made a .042 mid-high grade premium color siding cost less than the white so thin it's translucent stuff home depot stocks.  They're delivering tomorrow which is cool, i need to do the man door and 16' door today.  Got distracted by 10 tons of gravel yesterday.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/18/20 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

What did you tow home that you needed 10 tons of gravel to counterbalance the trailer?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/18/20 4:22 p.m.

have to finish tracks and install spring on big door.  I'm up in the air on the big door.  I can put a shelf/loft area above it to use otherwise wasted space, or i can get a high lift kit.  That doesn't do much for me.  

Don49
Don49 Dork
3/18/20 6:10 p.m.

I vote loft area. Less stuff at ground level for things you don't need/use regularly.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/18/20 6:29 p.m.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/18/20 6:46 p.m.

It works well in the existing space and you have a LOT of stuff to put up there!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/18/20 7:00 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Your 4 post lift is movable, right? 

If you go with the high lift door then it will be possible to get the loaded lift closer to the door, right? 

Do you ever think there will be a time that you have more non-running cars than you think you might? Could it be that they are all stored in the back causing you to need to move the lift really close to the door? 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/18/20 7:28 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Patrick :

....Do you ever think there will be a time that you have more non-running cars than you think you might? .....

Sorry John but this made me

laugh, we all know Pat.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/19/20 12:02 p.m.

Trimming my bush

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
3/19/20 3:52 p.m.

You may need to give me a rundown on safely working with garage doors... It would probably be wise to replace our nasty, partially rotted, held together with a dream old garage doors.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/19/20 9:20 p.m.

Get ones with ezset springs, and when you unwind the old torsion springs don't put your junk in the way.  My uncle's buddy lost a ball that way.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/19/20 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Ow.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/20/20 7:21 a.m.

I have helpers, we did wood chips in the mud along the north wall from man door to overhead door yesterday to get rid of the mud splash.  10 more tons of gravel are coming today, and providing ohio stays "open" to nonessential people my buddy Pokey is coming over Saturday to move it and try and level some stuff and de-mud.  I would get the bobcat back but the dude that owns it just came back from out of the country and was telling me how he wasn't washing his hands in airports and was shaking hands and it's nothing to worry about so I'm staying away from him.  

abby found it hilarious that i got a running start and plowed the trailer into the pile and took a big initial scoop.  It's a tilt bed so it has almost a knife edge of 1/8 diamondplate steel for the last foot.  

Went out last night and actually found toilet paper so we're no longer running low.  Following proper social distancing practices i talked to a couple older guys at the store for a few minutes and it felt good to converse with someone other than my kids.  (Pete will get this) Discount Drug Mart really did save me the run around because I got food, arrow t50 staples, a door knob, TP, furnace filters, and some seeds to start my garden 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/23/20 5:28 p.m.

Took weekend off garage stuff to do in the house stuff.  

today we moved the siding inside and finished the big door 

i knew it was going to be tall, but damn it's TALL.  Ceiling height is almost peak height of old building 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/25/20 7:33 p.m.

Built a siding cutting table and some sawhorses 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/26/20 11:40 a.m.

Colin sunk the black one and then the battery died in the red one when i want to pull it out.

temporary table for the brake assembled 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/26/20 4:35 p.m.

I really like the color 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/26/20 6:17 p.m.

Is the color a dark gray or is that a green tone?  Either way, I like it too.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/26/20 6:28 p.m.

Dark gray.  Went with white Corner posts to make things pop, otherwise it would just be a sea of dark gray

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
3/27/20 8:31 a.m.

Yep, I dig it. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/28/20 12:41 p.m.

Rain outside, work inside 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/28/20 8:54 p.m.

I hung up my first decoration 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/28/20 9:06 p.m.
TVR Scott said:

Needs more yard tractor.

Can have never enough.....regardless of state of disrepair.... 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
3/28/20 9:13 p.m.
Patrick said:

I hung up my first decoration 

So is the 'V' poster from your personal stash .....or something from MazD'scollection of GM memorabilia when he passed 

by last year on the way to the 'beach'????  Regardless of the source, the subject matter is pure GRM all the way baby!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RaVae3kuoYTtWiA5lBOVZ9fGyPOPIqi2dxNdUoBdoD8mskbc1BC7AzBa8QOxITzq