759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
8/22/20 11:44 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

so long, Impala.  This makes my Datsun(2015) the 3rd longest tenured vehicle in the stable behind the 54 Belair(1992) and 72 Chevelle(2008)

So..........EvanB is the new caretaker?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/22/20 11:47 a.m.

Nope, some localish guy who is planning to put a 5.3 or 6.0 in it

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/22/20 2:06 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

It was time. And even though she's not dead, I'll spill some for her tonight.

8/22/20 6:00 p.m.

Nope, some localish guy who is planning to put a 5.3 or 6.0 in it

localish like NEOHIO or er whereish??

8/22/20 6:31 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Lodi 

8/30/20 6:25 a.m.

Got a ride in a big HP car today.  

Apparently this is what my buddy buys when he wants to make payments.  He's always been a cash for cars only use what you make selling parts guy like me, but the urge to just finance something you can turn the key and go fast in is a legit feeling.  It may be for sale soon for $50k (with like 27k miles) because he's work from home now and literally only drives to the grocery store if anyone is interested.  It's definitely strange to be in something so docile and luxurious that does dirty naughty things when you mash the throttle.  i'm going to go do some fab work on the crossmember of his 60 Coupe DeVille for oil pump clearance for the 500 that's going in.  Car is ready for engine minus that.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/30/20 8:20 a.m.

"Fast with class" is addictive, isn't it?

The Volvo has a squeak in the dash now... thinking of upgrading to an RS3.  Not sure where I'd go from there once that is only enough to get me to normal.   Low 12 second compact Audi? Yes please!

Also:  Holy crap, I used to watch Motorweek in the 80s when I was a little kid, on PBS, after coming home from the Saturday grocery store trip.  He doesn't look like he's aged more than a couple of years.

/...Owings Mills, Maryland, 21116

8/30/20 8:39 a.m.

I have a buddy in owings mills and i just send him autoweek stuff

the Q45 is quick enough to be fun and wind out but not quick enough to make everything else slow by comparison.  It's more a 15.1 car, which is a pretty sweet spot for a street car honestly so you don't make your racecars feel slow and unexciting by comparison 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/30/20 9:09 a.m.

I'm afraid to take the Volvo to 42 because it might be quicker than the RX-7.

Also it cuts out/surges over 12psi boost and I still am not sure if this is an ignition problem that requires $250 in plugs/coils or a tune problem because replaced an 8.5:1 2.5l with a 9:1 2.4l and I need a $900 tune from some guy in Finland who isn't answering e-mail

Either way a $500/mo car payment seems more practical somehow

8/30/20 9:37 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

A $691 truck payment for something that gets me to work every day but one and that was covered under warranty has been way more practical than a broken avalanche that didn't get me to work 25% of the time i had it and cost me around $6000 in repairs over 3 years

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/30/20 9:43 a.m.

The Volvo cost me almost $5000 this year, which was my "be awesome with the RX-7" money, so...  I think what you are saying is justifying hat I already wanted to do?

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
8/30/20 10:14 a.m.

I just caught up on all this, the garage is awesome and you have some really cool stuff! 

8/30/20 2:32 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

to be honest I have some garbage too wink

new wheel day for the charger.  Yes there are only 2 nuts on each, waiting for paint to dry on 20 fresh ones 

8/30/20 4:19 p.m.

Better with lugnuts and no sun behind it.  Ended up with these because Carli wanted black wheels and I refused to let her pick dual bolt pattern wheels because imho they're hacky as hell if you have an empty set of holes showing.  Also i needed to be in them for sub $800 a set.  Didn't want to go to 20's with a lower profile tire because potholes and stuff, and staying 100% stock keeps the speedo correct and keeps the spare usable.  AWD so no jacking around with different diameter spares.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/30/20 4:55 p.m.

They look great!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/30/20 4:58 p.m.

He loves two nuts on each of his rims

8/30/20 5:00 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

what consenting adults do with their nuts and rims is between them.  

9/9/20 4:46 p.m.

Heading to the sawmill 

luckily the sawmill is only a mile away because I couldn't get a great bite on the logs with the straps.  I went 20 with my flashers on 

9/10/20 10:46 a.m.

Heading to the sawmill 

luckily the sawmill is only a mile away because I couldn't get a great bite on the logs with the straps.  I went 20 with my flashers on 

What flavor are these and what sizes are you hoping for ?

9/10/20 11:26 a.m.

Pine, told him 1 1/4" and 2" slabs so i can stack them to dry then be able to machine them for furniture.  New front porch is going to be 10' deep x 54' long so i want to build furniture for it out of the trees we cut down to make room for things.  

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
9/10/20 12:29 p.m.

Pine, told him 1 1/4" and 2" slabs so i can stack them to dry then be able to machine them for furniture.  New front porch is going to be 10' deep x 54' long so i want to build furniture for it out of the trees we cut down to make room for things.  

Baller.

9/12/20 11:28 a.m.

doing truck stuff this morning.  11,000 pounds of concrete block for the foundation of the house addition.  For good measure i have 560 pounds of bagged mortar in the bed right behind the tailgate.  This is why i have a big truck

9/12/20 2:29 p.m.

doing truck stuff this morning.  11,000 pounds of concrete block for the foundation of the house addition.  For good measure i have 560 pounds of bagged mortar in the bed right behind the tailgate.  This is why i have a big truck

Do you ever miss having an eight foot bed?

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/12/20 2:58 p.m.

Its still an 8 foot bed. Fro the ground to the top! Ill show myself out now.....

(And im kinda jealous of your truck,  to be honest. Such a fantastic tool.for your jobs)

9/12/20 4:46 p.m.

Never.  I can carry enough tools for most small jobs with the 6.5' bed, if i need a little more i take the little 5x9 trailer, if i need a lot more i hook up my 14' enclosed tool trailer.  Love not having to crawl up to the front of an 8' bed and bang my head off the cap every time

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xLNxsk9Qj8mqBg66lwrPLqLvQXKy1gvx9otba4uhEyXhJiVRBfwJKEI8sA3Sa74I