759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
11/28/21 8:36 p.m.

What an amazing transformation....very well done!!! what windows did you use ...Anderson ???

golfduke
golfduke Dork
11/29/21 8:03 a.m.

What a trasnformation, excellent job!!! 

twentyover
twentyover Dork
11/29/21 9:04 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

More misc

before/after 100a/200a main conversion

Explosion in a spaghetti factory?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/29/21 12:40 p.m.

Do we have a datsun build thread?  Probably but it probably also has broken links from photobucket so check out my new to me spoiler test fit 

11/30/21 9:18 a.m.

Colin's room went from window looking at the back of the drywall in the new half bath to window delete in 2 days.  Refi appraisal scheduled for Friday morning so busting ass to tie up loose ends and clean/declutter.

jonah is coming over soon to help put the new front garage door up, heading out to start moving stuff now

consequently i have 2 nice windows(one simonton double hung appx 32x53 and one alside slider in the 32x40 range can measure both exactly, both have low e glass)  from the house and a 6' vinyl patio door taken from a friend's 10 year old house if anybody wants them for a project.  Was going to keep them for a greenhouse but will probably be a while before I build anything else.  

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/30/21 10:30 a.m.

That porch looks fantastic. 

I may be interested in the patio door, is it a slider? In the next year or so I am planning on adding one and building a deck to replace my busted concrete patio. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/30/21 11:50 a.m.

Reappraisal... 

In this new housing market, with yard and outbuildings in addition to "new home" and in your hot area, I'm gonna target $400k - $425k. 

Or, I might be low by $100k. It's a crazy market! 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
11/30/21 12:18 p.m.

The house looks fantastic.

11/30/21 3:19 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Last month a 750 square foot house that has not been updated basically ever with a garage half the size of mine on half an acre went for 179k.  We have an acre and a tick over 2100 square feet plus the porch and 2000 square foot shop.  The county's head residential building official said my hope for 300k was shooting way low.  He also wants me to come work for him and be a building inspector so I'm getting ready to submit my paperwork to the state to get my certification for that. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/30/21 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I did some investigating after I wrote above. One house south of you on the same side is a 2400 sqft build from 13 years ago. Two acres but dull acres. Three car attached garage.  Zillow gives it a value of $410k.  Across the street from it, everything in the development on mini property is $350-$450k.

You're in good shape. Just keep the tax assessor out of your house.   They are not legally allowed to come in. Keep some E36 M3 in the yard to fool them and make them know your different than the guy behind you.

Hot damn on the inspector job! 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/1/21 7:54 a.m.

Inspector job sounds like a good fit for you. Good luck on that and the appraisal!

12/1/21 4:14 p.m.

The porch is no longer a workshop and material storage area!

iansane
iansane HalfDork
12/1/21 4:39 p.m.

That looks fantastic!

12/3/21 2:26 p.m.

Because Jonah is badass and came to help, we have officially finished the outside of the garage by putting the new door on.  Did that Tuesday, wrapped up the trim coil and seals last night and the appraisal happened this morning.  Quoth the appraiser: "That's an IMPRESSIVE outbuilding"

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
12/3/21 2:39 p.m.

Eh, I mostly stood around checking out the sunbeam/workbench and bitching.  Had a great time!

So whats the over/under on the appraisal, 375k?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
12/3/21 2:42 p.m.

Also, nice positioning of the truck and trash cans, hope the garage was pretty enough to keep him from noticing the man behind the curtain (aka scrap pile beside the truck)

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
12/3/21 8:07 p.m.

That's a really nice reno Patrick, I'm sure you're well pleased with how it turned out. (You don't fancy coming to do my bathroom  when the borders reopen next year do you ?? smileysmiley

12/4/21 3:33 p.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Also, nice positioning of the truck and trash cans, hope the garage was pretty enough to keep him from noticing the man behind the curtain (aka scrap pile beside the truck)

He did not look past the truck and the picture he took was very flattering.  I think it went well, his only challenge he said is that there are zero comps when you look at the garage size and the house with almost everything being remodeled or new with high end materials and workmanship.  Most stuff around here either has no building or is a 70's or 80's build needing remodel and updates.  All my mechanical is within 5 years old except the oil furnace and they basically last forever.  We're right about 2160 square feet now with the addition and loft and the garage is 2,016.  When we bought the house it was listed as 1,290 because the back porch had storm windows and no insulation so it was not part of house.   Realtor.com estimate based off the 1290 square feet 2br/1ba is $216,000 and the 26x32 garage now we have 3br/1.5ba 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
12/4/21 4:23 p.m.

Pat - This turned out really nice. My people (architects) tend to rag on vinyl siding but I think the stuff is great for a house. It's the original "rain screen". I'm jealous of the metal roof. 

I would be very tempted to wrap the foundation with the fake stone veneer. I do hope your loft guard rail isn't complete. 

12/4/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

There's a futon in front of it so no kids can die but the plan is to design and cut some panels on the cnc plasma table

12/8/21 4:49 p.m.

Doing some machining for tim today turning rotors into hubs for a big brake conversion on his ls swapped s10

12/10/21 9:50 a.m.

Appraisal:  264k.  We paid 103 in 2009.

i was expecting anything between 240-340 depending on appraiser.  There are some things I disagree with but not enough to bother trying to fight anything.  He did mention that comps were basically impossible because of the unique house and shop.  I disagree with his condition and quality assessments, but he didn't bother looking closely at anything.  Q4 = standard builder grade materials and workmanship and anybody who's been here knows I do not a: use builder grade anything and b: do high quality work.  In my mind that also means E36 M3 carpet in all living and bedroom areas not involved with water, and i have real hardwood in 80% of the house and zero carpet.  However, i figure if interest stays low or even goes lower, house prices stay up, and we improve things more next year I'll just refinance again.  I know lots of people who did it last summer then did it again this year.  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/10/21 10:04 a.m.

Q4 is just a catch all for lazy appraisers, haha.  Our house was NOT Q4 in any way, but ridiculously got marked as such because the appraiser probably had 8 more houses to hit that day...  Anything short of Marble and hand distressed flooring is gonna get marked Q4.  Could be LVT and formica, could be Porcelain and imported granite... All Q4, haha. 

12/13/21 9:15 a.m.

Carli and I went on a road trip Saturday and unfortunately brought home a rough case of the corona

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
12/13/21 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Since the thread title includes the words "general stupidity"and I enjoy my own particular version of it, just what type of general stupidity should we expect to see concerning a Corona about the same age as you are? Curious minds wish to know.

Edit: I may be out by a decade or two......wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xnpd9ZqSClW4rzSqIGkRvmH9naEWRQaMRn7BvHV1qPnIFWcbjQnSCKEOSsriT6Ti