759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
3/20/22 7:26 p.m.

Hey did you cut that trench with the front end loader only  or is there a  Bhoe hiding behind this LS?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/20/22 9:34 p.m.

And i haven't used the dolly yet!

In just being me, apparently. Your "probably wind up with a coat of paint" comment was prophetic! Full tow dolly restoration.....

Any wheels I'll want?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/20/22 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I resisted greatly and didn't ask if he had any wheels I'd want.  Because I know I'd want them all. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/20/22 10:22 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Borrowed the tractor from my parents, has a backhoe attachment on it

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/21/22 9:26 p.m.

Today I took in 1400 pounds of scrap and then put the ytm225dx on the shelf so it's out of the way.  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/22/22 8:43 a.m.

I have to say that I'm quite enjoying your methodical decluttering in this thread.  It's fueling my own garage-emptying desires as well, so keep up the good work!!!

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/28/22 11:06 a.m.

Decluttering is good! Keep at it, it sounds like you're on a good path. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/17/22 9:15 a.m.

The physical decluttering is putting me in a good head space.  Last week i had a revelation. Little back story.  I've been a carpenter and remodeling contractor since I was 14.  It was our family business, so the easy thing to do was slide in and just put my head down and work.  I wouldn't trade that time for anything, as much pain as it caused me physically.  I learned a ton of skills, was independent for most of my career, made lots of connections, and met Carli because of this career.  

So anyway.  I realized that I have a lot to offer, and want my second career to be helpful to people on a deeper level.  I'm now enrolled in a program to become an ICF(international coaching federation) Certified Master Life Coach.  I am excited, a bit scared because it's new and a big change, but confident I can help people make positive changes in their lives. 

also because this thread is worthless without pictures, i made some butterscotch oatmeal cookies and they're ridiculous 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/17/22 9:25 p.m.

Good on you bro and much success on the path forward!!!

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/18/22 8:51 a.m.

Can't think of a person more suited to the task.  Congrats!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/26/22 7:05 p.m.

Carli and I took another short road trip Sunday afternoon.  Met a guy from near Indianapolis and exchanged my 28' enclosed trailer for 76 100 dollar bills.  Nice guy, thrilled with the trailer.  Sold after 5 years of use for 150% of the purchase price in 2017.  Not gonna argue with that return.  I'm not sad about it, we had some good times but I'm honestly tired of pulling such a huge trailer.  I'll use my 18' open to go to the track for now and see what the market does in the future.  

Saturday I did new front brakes and 4 tires on the truck, and it's smooth as can be again.  

UPS delivered the pcm for the flip ram today, need to swap that and send the core back and my parents have committed to purchase for $3500.  I'll be removing the strobe for my truck and the subs/amp to sell separately since my dad doesn't need subs for sports talk and NPR.

friday we're delivering the 68 Corona to Jon, going to the cabin for long weekend, and returning from Michigan with an H3 to flip courtesy of John Brown.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/27/22 11:35 a.m.

Sounds like decluttering/consolidating funds and projects is going well!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/27/22 3:21 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Yes it is.  I sold the northstar supercharger i bought at $299 when they got discontinued for $1400.  My basement has way less car parts now.  The ACVW stuff is taking up 16 feet of shelf space in the garage, that's next.  I want that space for my work tools so I can list my work trailer next.  Not doing any more jobs that require more than my truck, and if I need long materials I can take the open car trailer, so it's leaving too.  14x7x6.5 7k cargo trailer should go quick once I clean it out.  

skyline fund is sitting at $16,667 and will be $20,117 after i pay $50 for salvage inspection on the ram and sell it to my parents for $3500

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/6/22 4:06 p.m.

Last Friday we loaded up the 68 Corona and delivered it to Jon, spent the long weekend in the woods at the cabin, hung out with Carli's best friend and college roommate Jennifer, then visited John Brown and loaded this E36 M3box while at his house.  

"truck won't crank" so I checked the fuse and relay box:

Canton pullapart has a buttload of Colorado and Canyon trucks that share the fuse block with the H3.  Hoping one or several are good, because PAP is $30 and ebay is $110+, so maybe I can grab one for me and a few to sell.  Was going to go today but it's raining and cold, so I'll go next week.  Scouring their inventory, looks like a large amount of gmt800 trucks that I can pull PCM's from to sell also.  Need to get back into the habit of going to the junkyard to make money

got new wall art for the house

had to adult today and go get a new printer.  2 more weeks to go in the semester and I'll have put Marketing and English 101(college credits expiring is still a joke) behind me.

and currently hoping Pete can get me the 99 tacoma he texted me about that a customer of theirs would rather scrap than pay to fix.  Fingers crossed, looks like a great truck for my dad.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/6/22 4:31 p.m.

cockroaches?  or stinkbugs?  either way, gross.  replace those relays and wire terminals and let's see what happens!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/6/22 7:04 p.m.

Stinkbugs.  The whole fuse block is green and E36 M3ty, I'll go get one. The rest of the truck is solid

interior is gross.  If it starts and runs and moves with no other apparent issues after changing the fuse block, I'll probably steam clean the interior as good as possible and sell it.  If the fuse block doesn't fix things i'll part it 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/7/22 5:31 p.m.

I kinda want that h3. Any body rust? 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/7/22 9:58 p.m.

Surprisingly very little.  Little surface at bottom of rear doors and not much else.

going to hopefully get to pull a part friday and see what happens with a fuse block

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/13/22 10:23 p.m.

Used the trailer again today 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/13/22 10:33 p.m.

Awesome!

Is it as great as you dreamed?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/13/22 10:44 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

nothing is real right now

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/13/22 10:45 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Give us more details. Where did you get it for starters.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/13/22 11:19 p.m.

Pennsylvania.  Tired and under the influence, details later 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/14/22 10:49 a.m.

> look

It is a beautiful sunny Spring morning. The sky is a bright blue, the birds are singing, the weather is perfect

> inv

You have a home with an awesome family, a large garage, an Eastern European gasser, an LS swapped 240Z, an LS swapped '57 Chevy, and an R32 Skyline

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/14/22 5:49 p.m.

Kind of on the edge of my seat here. laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1RsaY9KIBJN2x6RRPYNWquFZZ2DljXRwBKQ98eJlaBsNO28iWUJOvVh8buZ0LuOc