Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/20/22 1:05 p.m.

Been down the last few days needing a W. Got that W this morning. The 2003 Ram is fixed with a diagnostic assist from Pete. New plugs, 4 coils were cracked so those got replaced and the other 4 got new seals. Drove it around today for the first time, it is a very nice truck

my dad said he'll make his mind up when I get some miles put on it since it's been mostly sitting for a year.  If he says no, it will be a tough decision to keep or sell because I REALLY like it, but also could get a lot of play money back into the car fund. 

another W besides John Brown not dying is that he got on the previous owner of the Hummer long and hard enough that they finally got him the title like 3 years later so now I can see if I can diagnose that(looking at you, ignition switch) and move it along whole either running or as a parts truck with a title. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/20/22 8:17 p.m.

Uh this has been sitting/hiding on the estate????.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/20/22 9:43 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/20/22 9:59 p.m.
Patrick said:

my dad said he'll make his mind up when I get some miles put on it since it's been mostly sitting for a year.  If he says no, it will be a tough decision to keep or sell because I REALLY like it, but also could get a lot of play money back into the car fund.

Not that I am one to talk, but does it fill a role that your other truck doesn't?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/21/22 8:36 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

in my goofy brain yes, in reality not really much because I have trailers that can do stuff taller or longer than my bed. I think there was a slight euphoria of having a mechanical W on a newer vehicle that had me wanting to keep it, but I need to move it on either to my parents or someone else. I feel like I could probably price it to sell quickly at 4k because it isn't rotten, is clean inside, and has new brakes and tires all around. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
9/21/22 11:56 a.m.

(Mofo inner monologue: I can sell the Silverado for $33k today, have PG pick up my trailer and Mofo on the way back from Michigatucky throw money down and drive back a double double!)

Mofos inner monologue is stoopit.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/21/22 12:49 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

Heck, if it was a 4x4, I might even be interested 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/21/22 2:49 p.m.

MoFo inner dialogue is a spaz.  And we love it.  laugh

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/26/22 4:11 p.m.

Updates: dad was wishy washy about the truck so mom said berkeley it sell it, so mama Stampie is getting a new truck. 

lots of moving today, most pics of hot nissan action

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/26/22 4:14 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That's a whole lotta HNA

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/26/22 4:41 p.m.

Great job on the landscaping! If you want to shovel dirt for a weekend, just head up my way.....

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/26/22 7:44 p.m.

Wow, like a full scale version of musical chairs...

Thats a lot of movement!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/29/22 12:21 p.m.

Delivery success 

(insert pic of datsun at new owners house that won't upload because i'm in the middle of nowhere)

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/29/22 6:31 p.m.

What scenario am I loking at here? Is there a more wordy thread elsewhere ?  

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
9/29/22 7:24 p.m.
Patrick said:

Delivery success 

(insert pic of datsun at new owners house that won't upload because i'm in the middle of nowhere)

Like this?

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
9/29/22 7:25 p.m.

Or this?

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/29/22 8:19 p.m.

May I hijack this and get some to and fro on this transaction or is that totally outa da question?

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
9/30/22 12:17 p.m.
759NRNG said:

May I hijack this and get some to and fro on this transaction or is that totally outa da question?

Feel free to message me off board if you would like. 

quasimofo @ gmail.com

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/30/22 1:03 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

My wife thanks you for buying this

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/30/22 1:24 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

I think it's even funnier that there's already a procession lined up for when the squirrels attack and this thing moves again. Thank god I really only have stampie close-ish to me in this whole grmers who trade cars weekly loop, and i don't own a trailer. I could have problems. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/30/22 3:49 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Sold mofo the 72/5 24/80z, bought a twin turbo 300zx which turns out is better suited to part out because it's a clapped half assembled Michigan car so rot and bondo abound. So eventually i will be down another car and looking to remove the sand rail from my ownership soon as well. Having thoughts about using the twin turbo v6 drivetrain in something but will see if I can assemble it enough to make sure it runs since the guy i got it from went through the motor and rebuilt the bottom end but it hasn't been hooked up enough to run since. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/30/22 3:58 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Thank you.....will be in your neckodawoods the weekend of the 9th next month

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/30/22 7:05 p.m.

8th home all day, 9th have a memorial for my friend's dad in bay village in the afternoon, Monday morning early we leave town. Feel free to stop by

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/30/22 7:24 p.m.
Patrick said:

8th home all day, 9th have a memorial for my friend's dad in bay village in the afternoon, Monday morning early we leave town. Feel free to stop by

the 9th is a memorial for my cousin in Avon Lake at the lake house.....let me get with you PM wise late

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/1/22 12:51 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Dude. that's the same one. My friend is Adam Cahill, Craig's son

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zcrSPBvgfJFyT9OYFvRxVElaTsZ3hM8On73CRdjgpZs3xYnU1WExvG9iYRI3v1oi