Patrick MegaDork
12/12/22 1:29 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

idk, will peek under it next time I'm at the tow lot

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/12/22 1:32 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Way too far gone. It has some sort of paperwork, not sure what that looks like yet 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/12/22 1:33 p.m.

In reply to tperkins :

Belongs to my friend Myron. He has lots of cars. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
12/13/22 11:45 a.m.

Mark this day.

Patrick has a E36 M3box that I do not have any interest in.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/13/22 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Is that an original Excalibur in there? What a fleet.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/21/22 4:41 p.m.

Lost my last surviving grandparent today. 

Also, contemplating buying my sister's broken forester and doing something stupid, or at least fun.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/21/22 5:22 p.m.
Patrick said:

Lost my last surviving grandparent today. 

Also, contemplating buying my sister's broken forester and doing something stupid, or at least fun.

Sorry to hear that, my condolences.  Too many people losing family lately.  My wife lost her last grandparent the night before Thanksgiving.

As for the Forester, go rallycrossing with Pete?  Or lift or lower it?  They actually look pretty good lowered.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/21/22 5:46 p.m.

gran ma or pa? my condolences sad

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/21/22 6:33 p.m.

Ugh, very sorry for your loss Pat!!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/21/22 6:59 p.m.

It's already lowered. ran low on oil and now there are angry rod bearings

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/21/22 7:05 p.m.

Was my grandma. We had a weird relationship, grandfather was abusive and his BS led to her being kinda nasty because people who are hurt have a tendency to hurt others. Last time I saw her was my cousin's funeral and I hugged her and she met Abby, so I'm at least not beating myself up for not seeing her in 20 years. We were very close till I was 17 and then he stole from my moms business and led to it closing, thing were said, and I only saw her a few times in the last 25 years, but she was still my grandma. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/21/22 7:24 p.m.

peace at last hopefully .....dang son

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/21/22 7:49 p.m.
Patrick said:

It's already lowered. ran low on oil and now there are angry rod bearings

If it it is the FB25, they are not bad to just hammer in new rod bearings.  They don't require comprehensive disassembly like the EJs do.  

It is still an engine pull, of course, and I do not remember if the timing cover has to come off to get the upper oil pan out.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/21/22 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

sohc 2.5 ej

Sounds like a turbo swap essentially requires a donor, so don't really want to do that. I do have that 300zx with a 5 speed that would not require any actual cash outlay aside of maybe driveshaft work BUT e-check would be impossible. I want a wagon, but I want a quick wagon and stock n/a forester is not quick.  It could easily be built for under $2k because I essentially have the z32 recouped 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/21/22 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The 300ZX is not emissions exempt yet?

I am rapidly becoming an expert in Subaru swap stuff.   If it is an automatic older than '04 then the trans controller is pretty dumb and an engine swap is fairly easy.  EJ20X from eBay and bob's your uncle.  The hardest part of a turbo swap is the wiring harness since Subaru did not have a separate engine harness.  I have a giant box of cut up WRX harness because I don't know what I will need for the Mini, and I'm using a standalone.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/22/22 11:03 a.m.

The forester is too new to just stuff something silly into. It's an 04(i think) manual and I definitely looked at ej20x but wiring is dumb

that volvo we talked about got 0 bids at $2800. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
12/22/22 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The Forester is the same age as the R53 that I am stuffing something silly into laugh

Zero bids at 2800, I'd have bought it on general principles.  The accountant here is looking at buying a JDM Odyssey because he wants a minivan but he can get an Odyssey for a lot less than something here...

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/27/22 2:55 p.m.

Forester is $1000 obo if anyone wants it, Jeremy ran it in the $2000 challenge a couple years ago, zero rust southern body 5 speed just needs an engine and a clutch. It really is a decent vehicle and worth fixing but I don't want to fix it. It starts and moves but is definitely knocking. 

today I bought this because my desire to have a small pickup just crossed over with going down a marketplace rabbit hole yesterday afternoon. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/27/22 8:29 p.m.

Atlas 4.2  do it from an AWD ......and all that goes with THAT!!!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/27/22 8:46 p.m.

Just want to get it on the road for now

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/27/22 9:34 p.m.
Patrick said:

Just want to get it on the road for now

yea but the atlas speaks to you.....this in an entire drivetrain swap with just one "snail" would have you behind barz!!!   OHY G'night ......late

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/22 2:18 p.m.

Retrieved

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
12/28/22 2:36 p.m.

But does it big block?!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/22 6:24 p.m.

It has bout tree fiddy