12/28/22 6:28 p.m.

351ci GMC V6? smiley

I just found out that they made the V6s as large as 478ci.  Dear God

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/14/23 3:24 p.m.

updates: berkeley the el camino, it's rotten bad

someone buy my sand rail

big update: I'm writing for parkedontheblock.com which is a new site trying to get back to the roots of the OG bring a trailer before it became an auction house.

here's my first thing ever!

https://www.parkedontheblock.com/post/live-your-green-hornet-fantasy-in-this-1965-chrysler-imperial-crown-coupe

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/14/23 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

So you have a sand rail chassis and a fresh 350.

I'm not sayin' anything but, you know... someone should get that as a package deal.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/30/23 12:40 p.m.

Updates:

Elky is going to be parted. In process of parting the Z32. Continuing to clean out the garage and ebay stuff I will never use. 

Also, because telling stories and writing is extremely enjoyable for me, in addition to the writing I've been doing for www.parkedontheblock.com I launched carsandkink.com on Friday (to go hand in hand with my IG handle). I'll be adding more there and have it set up that I can tag articles about cars for those who don't want to venture into other future content, none of which will be NSFW.  It's been fun playing with it on IG and we had enough positive response that I decided to make my own place online to write and be a resource for people. I've got plenty of stories to tell and it's fun for me.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/4/23 2:25 p.m.

A couple years ago Mr_Asa offered some free glass shelves and Curtis dragged them from florida to PA and I snagged them at the end of 2021. Today I used 2 above my new desk in the loft. Thanks for the shelves and relay, gentlemen!

Working on the office/studio space and continuing writing for both sites. Plugging away at the Wartburg, need to list more garage stuff on ebay this week as the pile shrunk some then grew again. Sold the gooseneck hitch I never installed on my truck that I got the dealer to pay for. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
2/4/23 4:46 p.m.
Patrick said:

Updates:

Also, because telling stories and writing is extremely enjoyable for me, in addition to the writing I've been doing for www.parkedontheblock.com I launched carsandkink.com on Friday (to go hand in hand with my IG handle). I'll be adding more there and have it set up that I can tag articles about cars for those who don't want to venture into other future content, none of which will be NSFW.  It's been fun playing with it on IG and we had enough positive response that I decided to make my own place online to write and be a resource for people. I've got plenty of stories to tell and it's fun for me.

I remember you mentioning in this, or another thread, about "having to get rid of a car because looking at it reminded you of having been in a dark place".

I'm glad to see how far you've come from where the darkness of that place was too raw to look at a car associated with it; to now being able to write about it "openly".  Kudoos to you for having been able to make that journey to here; and "Bon Chance!" on the journeys ahead.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/4/23 5:07 p.m.

Yeah the Sunbeam killed me to look at. I bought it at probably my darkest since maybe my early 20's 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/23 12:10 p.m.

So far I'm 13 pieces deep for parkedontheblock.com and 3 deep for my personal site carsandkink.com

did a little piece about how Rainbow Dash got me back into enjoying cars with my friends 

Rainbow Dash post

working on affiliate stuff, continuing to get our office set up, digging out my podcast studio equipment to get it set up and start practicing my software again. hoping the podcast and cars & kink stuff drives traffic to my life coaching business and gets me some clients. I'm just going to be raw, authentic, and tell my stories as they happened and if it resonates with people maybe they'll come to me for help.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/23 10:20 p.m.

Was just a guest for the recording of the 300th episode of the Auto Off-Topic podcast, pretty Wartburg intensive. Will drop the link when they're done editing and it comes out. I think I only swore once. Some $2000 Challenge content also.

Have my "studio" space all set up and we're working on topics for our own podcast, don't have a tentative launch date yet but we're definintely ramping up. Lots of good feedback about the new site, having lots of fun writing for parkedontheblock.com also. 

Can't wait to hang out with Stampie on Saturday. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/2/23 8:58 a.m.

https://twitter.com/autoofftopic/status/1631158009765191683?s=21&t=WfxZzOoYCPJgRcicClXvyg

there's the podcast link. I may have name dropped Pete

tb
tb Dork
3/2/23 9:36 a.m.

Good stuff; I really enjoy getting independent viewpoints from outside of the mainstream. 

Personally, rope isn't my thing, but that is a most excellent personalized plate on the Skyline.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/2/23 9:40 a.m.

It was cool to hear them talk about the challenge with an air of credibility. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/2/23 2:46 p.m.

babysitting this guy this week

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/2/23 5:22 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Turbueno!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/3/23 7:42 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Turbohmyeffinggoditpullslikeafreighttrain

my Skyline pulls HARD. 

this thing pulls H A R DDDDDDDD

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/16/23 2:26 p.m.

Acquired this, removed any decent easy to pull stuff, and scrapped it in under a week 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/28/23 7:05 p.m.

Old trailer retired from car duty since the new one is almost done, it's now my scrap bin with wheels that I can hook up and take on steel runs so I'm not going every morning after. Steel is up so I've been driving around collecting scrap to turn into play money, and the trailer can swallow approximately 5 truckloads. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
4/28/23 7:55 p.m.

Ok I'll bite what does this 'driving around' exercise actually entail ....residential neighborhoods with used up appliances sitting curbside?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/29/23 2:28 p.m.

Garbage night in neighborhoods. Empty truck, drive around a bit, full truck, go home. 

deck done 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
5/1/23 7:20 p.m.

How far from home do you have to go score this free sheet steel......Lakewood ......Brookpark .......Parma?

VERY WELL DONE on the trailer!!!!  Uh er could you turn this trailer exercise into a 'bidness'?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/2/23 7:55 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Nope, right up the street in medina. Been leaving the house for 30-45 minutes and coming home full. One night I dumped everything in the driveway and went back out and filled up again in the same area. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/7/23 7:16 p.m.

Titan XL 52 gallon tank installed in the truck so we can make significantly less fuel stops on road trips

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/10/23 10:08 a.m.

Patrick:  builds big-ass garage

also Patrick: swaps gas tank on gravel driveway

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/10/23 11:49 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

truck won't fit in the garage. before the cap it could squeeze under a 7' door, now it's taller than that at the back. modern trucks are too damn big in all dimensions.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/6/23 1:58 p.m.

Carli did some writing about what it's like to be married to me, apparently, and there's lots of GRM/$2000 Challenge content

https://carsandkink.com/2023/06/living-the-car-life-as-a-car-guys-wife/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dEFiJdj3mRWFpLVwBh5W7fTvRUDMKCO51cTvXlrAXokx65uU8RvTS5Tco68kyjsc