3 4 5 6 7
gumby
gumby HalfDork
12/11/19 4:00 p.m.
Patrick said:

done working for the week, leaving for PRI around 3 tomorrow.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/13/19 10:19 a.m.

At pri with gumby 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
12/13/19 1:04 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

stop by the Honda Performance Development booth.   ask for Marc Sours.   tell him you've been sent to deliver a fruit basket.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/13/19 1:42 p.m.

Run_Away
Run_Away Dork
12/13/19 10:39 p.m.

I read the bit about the hood waffles and had to try it for myself.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/14/19 7:20 p.m.

saw some neat stuff at PRI 

Had a great dinner last night with Gumby and his good kids at a cafeteria style good old fashioned home cookin' restaurant.

this morning we hit a steel place with an insane drop collection in SE indy at the recommendation of Gumby and left with 183 pounds of steel tubes and flat stock at .60/lb.  

with steel sticking way out the bed of the truck, we booked it down 74 from indy to cincinnati to hit Jungle Jim's.  $490 of imported groceries and christmas gifts later we turned it north.  On the SW edge of Columbus we found this awesome little authentic(non white people ground beef on a flour tortilla with cheedar and lettuce bullE36 M3) taco shop and killed some carnitas before pointing the truck towards cleveland.  

all in all, great trip.  Had cruise set at 78 on the way down and 75 on the way back and the big diesel cranked out some impressive numbers 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/14/19 7:33 p.m.

Should of hit me up if you still have my number, I was at PRI until around 2:30

gumby
gumby HalfDork
12/14/19 7:42 p.m.
minivan_racer said:

Should of hit me up if you still have my number, I was at PRI until around 2:30

Did you get the PM I sent you?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/trips-adventures-and-get-togethers/performance-racing-industrypri-show-indianapolis-dec-12-14-2019/160761/page1/

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/15/19 4:57 p.m.

In case you were ever curious 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
12/15/19 9:53 p.m.
Patrick said:

In case you were ever curious 

Err............uhh.......not exactly

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/16/19 4:49 a.m.

In reply to gumby :

That's what I get for not being in the forums as much.  I started a new job a couple of weeks ago so I only had Saturday off.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/16/19 7:02 a.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

Gumby and I went Friday.  I figured you were working so I didn't bug you.  We were back in Ohio by noon Saturday.  

slowbird
slowbird Dork
12/16/19 8:42 a.m.

The Bob Glidden Fairmont...sweet baby Christmas that's a cool car.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/18/19 11:15 a.m.

Wiped my back out yesterday.  Was leaning out a 2nd floor window caulking it and my drop cloth slipped enough to tweak things to the point of almost being immobile this morning.  Fun times, went to the chiropractor in white out over straight ice and had to climb a large hill at 10 in 4wd sideways because the people in front of me didn't have enough foresight to get a running start.  

however when i got home, i had something waiting for me.  Yes i am a shoe person.  If my shoe game is not fully engulfed in flames then i'm either working or in the garage getting dirty.  David would approve, i wanted the blue checkerboard ones but 13's were out of stock.  Clearance + coupon + free blanket = 2 pair and a blanket for the price of 1 pair.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/23/19 7:27 p.m.

Making old fashioned hard candy 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/23/19 9:06 p.m.
akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
12/26/19 4:53 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/19 4:31 p.m.

Update:

christmas was fun

tree guys had to reschedule for week of jan 6th.

stihl saw has a brand new 20" bar and chain

i bought a car dolly and rx8 from kyallroad and have to pick them up in a few months so i'll be offering grm relay services at some point between cleveland and northern Kentucky.

Down recovering from sciatic nerve issues, expect some sort of updates to one of the cars soon. 

my cousin got hit in his 04 taurus and is expecting other guy's insurance to total it, so we're going to bang it back into shape and put a new headlight on so he can keep driving to work.

had hood waffles for breakfast 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/28/19 4:36 p.m.

I'm having hood waffles tomorrow. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/19 4:51 p.m.

Also if anyone wants my 2000 q45 for parts, including a 3.69 VLSD r200, it runs(poorly) and has no battery and the coolant is gone but it'll drive onto a trailer, $200 please come get it.  Megasquirt the engine, use the brakes and rear suspension, make a dohc aluminum v8 challenge something for super cheap.  It's never going to be worth making a q45 again, but there is a lot going on under the semi ugly skin.  And the wheels are sweet.  Otherwise i'm going to blow it up and scrap it

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/19 6:23 p.m.

Working on organizing the basement 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
12/28/19 6:31 p.m.

I have one of those Vara-jection systems too!  Managed to get a copy of the instructions for it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/29/19 2:01 p.m.

Hi my new name is Ho-Lee-Phuk and I just sold my two most prized video games on ebay in 30 minutes 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
12/29/19 2:40 p.m.

!!!!!

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/29/19 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Yeah that's gonna buy the oil pan, disc brakes, mounts, headers, gas tank, and plumbing for the 57 with enough left over for a bumper and a grille

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SjoriY4BdgwZ0DLOUmxMAeLjmZFdSbtTmJrx9YnCs9neMwm4L856F4dvVhnmcl3W