1 2
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/12/19 12:39 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

or maybe find the location of their moms basement and use the leftover wood from canoe building to nail shut the basement door?

Or are these real jobs?  In which case there is no shame left in the world.  indecision

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/12/19 12:41 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Can't we just write a program that will infiltrate their program and cause it to die a slow and painful death?

I sure can't! But I'm sure someone here probably can. See the you tube videos about such antics.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/12/19 1:44 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Fair enough. 

Curious as hell, but oh well!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
9/12/19 2:42 p.m.
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/13/19 6:57 a.m.
SVreX said:
alfadriver said:

Just out of curiosity, how do the spammers work when there's no link?  

How is it that they profit by just posting in the forums?  

It’s an “establish trust” post. They say something to be “part of the community”, and lay low on the links for a while until somebody thinks they are “real”. 

THEN they post a link. 

The other version I've seen is cases where they make a post with no link, then come back and edit it a week later to deliver the real payload, typically after it's fallen off the front page.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/13/19 7:23 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Even for that- how does a link that nobody knows about and clicks makes any money?  I've never understood that.

Unless they come back and click their own link.  Which is pretty bad way for the company to pay them.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/13/19 8:17 a.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Even for that- how does a link that nobody knows about and clicks makes any money?  I've never understood that.

Unless they come back and click their own link.  Which is pretty bad way for the company to pay them.

I believe the goal is to improve a site's Googlejuice. It's not to have people actually click the link - the idea is that googlespiders will find it and conclude "Oh, somebody's linking to this site from other sites - they must have something interesting to say on the subject."

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
9/13/19 1:37 p.m.

If Colin Chapman built an actual canoe This would be what he would have built.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xjd6RXKuEnJ18VLeToqGjJ4HCQlJKXAFs0NJ8zywEZWRrDv4SOOyx3v2B6Az8DVa