1 2
spacemulva
spacemulva
5/4/21 8:41 a.m.

Anyone interested in a 90% built entry level q45? clean title 99k running perfectly. I am a motorcycle mechanic and picked this up, and it needs the front end addressed. 300zx trans, full exhaust, someone sprung for full custom suspension all around. runs and drives, but can't be driven home, rack is no worky. stripped. sparco. I either need to get someone who knows what the berkeley they are doing to get this thing done for me, the front end math is far beyond my capability, or sell it. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
5/4/21 1:16 p.m.

In reply to spacemulva :

Possibly interested in buying it. where are you located. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/4/21 4:30 p.m.

I'm happy to help get this into Birks hands.  He's “real OG“ when it comes to Q45. 

Location unknown but if near Ohio... 

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/6/21 6:45 a.m.

I am in Maryland near the WV eastern pan handle. I don't WANT to sell it, its awesome, but I legitimately do not have any knowledge about front end geometry to do it right. Also has handbrake installed, just not fully plumbed. 

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/6/21 6:54 a.m.

I should add it has no rust, the car may have actually come from california before the kid I got it from got it. It does not seem to have ever been driven in the salt or bullE36 M3, Anything you see in the pics is dirt, glue, or both. I called powertrix when I got the car and it was a dude in CA that said he put the suspension together SPECIFICALLY for this car. He remembered it because people don't order E36 M3 for q45s. He said they paid 2500 just for that. Also have a spare race seat frame. No back seat I was gonna put a couch with a flip down bar back their, like a roller coaster. But yeah. Dis it. 

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/6/21 7:01 a.m.

Also has some retarded scratches on the trunk. They disappear when you clean it. Could be ghetto fixed. 101k miles, my bad, title is 99k I think. CLEAN AND CLEAR. 

Hit me up if you are interested. And when I tell you it can't be driven home, berkeleyin trust me. It needs to be unlowered an inch and the exhaust needs to be better tucked. It only got to my house on a trailer since I live up a berkeleyed up gravel road. It is only leaving on a trailer, or dolly. There is a large enough area at my place to do some burnouts and E36 M3 though. And if we drag it out onto the road here we can do that too. No one here gives a berkeley. It will idle all day in the summer and not overheat, motor is solid as berkeley, which is why I have been holding on to it. 

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/8/21 11:26 a.m.

I know I thread jacked but I am legitimately looking for someone to get this thing how I want it if no one is interested in grabbing it. Could the mods make it so I can message people?

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/8/21 11:27 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Could you approve me so I could message people? 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/8/21 12:00 p.m.

How much?  I don't need it and already have the 300zx trans for mine, but curious

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/8/21 11:47 p.m.

My thought was 3, but I have no idea if I am high or low. 

spacemulva
spacemulva New Reader
5/13/21 5:08 p.m.

I guess that is unreasonable. lol

CatDaddy
CatDaddy New Reader
11/25/21 10:19 a.m.

In reply to spacemulva :

could you explain what's wrong with the steering a little bit? 

I'm sure we could talk you through the process of making it drivable. Looking at your pictures it looks like it would be a very fun car if the suspension is adjusted a little bit  and the steering is fixed. 

nothing on these cars is actually difficult but there are a handful of tricks to be aware of that speed up the work!

CatDaddy
CatDaddy New Reader
11/25/21 10:23 a.m.

quick update (I'll come back On and give a detailed update soon)

to anyone wanting to drift a Q45, I've built a few more with my friends this year and we all Agree that the following are the main mods: 

Huge front spacer, welded Diff, huge rear sway bar.   

That's all you need to be able to really get out there and do great! We allran 50mm spacers, 18x10 20 offset wheels and 235/40-18 front tires by the end of the year. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3QZx9HgG0hYs1PfVCahIZQ0I8HdVQ2AA3saTWFoz0VLPTE6eawGl1jyyHgLe9GZO