bonylad
bonylad Reader
6/8/21 11:39 a.m.

So I traded my go cart for this. 
Got rid of this. Which was another Coleman Predator swapped rig. Was fun but my big ass couldn't fit in it right. Still hit 32 with a stage 1 and my big ass. Limited by the huge 65 T sprocket. 

For this little guy.

Which I promptly tore to parts. 

The 3 HP engine it came with wasn't cutting it. Sooooo. 

Which made me realize even before riding it. That's not gonna work either. Pulled it apart to remove the governor the correct way. 

Mocking up. 

After that I fitted it in the bike and installed the new clutch. 

And since I hated the stock intake and exhaust. Replaced them as well. Header and a VM22 Mikuni. 

Tank is a side fill unit which I had to get to for this frame which I then scratched it when I was peeling the stickers.  Cool sticker otw to cover that.  Wait on a specific throttle cable and will ride her out.  Should be able to hit 50 pretty easy.  

johndej
johndej Dork
6/8/21 12:28 p.m.

That thing should haul! Wheelies on command. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
6/8/21 12:35 p.m.

That's so cool. Nice!

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports HalfDork
6/8/21 12:54 p.m.

Yard vids are required

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
4/26/22 2:34 p.m.

Did you ever get this one going?  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/26/22 4:22 p.m.
bonylad said:

my big ass couldn't fit in it right........and my big ass.

Farm & Fleet had these on sale around Christmas and I almost grabbed one except it showed a 150# weight limit so I was concerned about my fat ass.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/27/22 6:12 a.m.

We need a mini bike thread. I have a ct200u and a 200 baja that is stretched with a bunch of mods and a lil yanmar diesel.  I want to sell the coleman as it is squirelly as berk. I have another 200 baja i picked up cheap with the head tube ripped off. Its going to probably get a 420cc clone. I want to make it for sand drags/shooting mud rooster tails. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/27/22 7:08 a.m.

Also, you should try a torque converter setup. Just adding the converter will have it much smoother but also pull wheelies easier and have more top speed. They are rated for more power than that old stile centrifugal clutch. 

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
4/27/22 8:41 a.m.

I really want to build a sidecar rig for hauling tools around the farm.  Should be good for some laughs and low buy-in.

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
4/27/22 9:35 a.m.

I did. Sold it fairly quickly as well. So no real vids. I do have this I made for the buyer!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S83NWQaHhl23LQhUJpOBdinySr0Xq8skBl2hFnu2m6E0GEN27Hqsmh5OWamFwrAO