Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/14/19 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

So should you!

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/16/19 10:45 a.m.

Michael needed some things so yesterday I grabbed 7 sq feet of 1/8 inch plate at 75 cents a pound. 

Today Lil Stampie is taking an entrance exam for his next school so I hit the junkyard. No pictures of the first truck. Let's just say I fought a crushed front end to get water pump bolts. Couldn't get to one bolt so went looking around. Next vehicle was this.

Mother berker wish I had seen it first. 

Seems like every LS was missing the MAS but I finally found one and took the rest of the air intake track.

Unfortunately the manager was standing right behind the cashier so I got nickled and dimed for everything. Oh well that makes up for Pat's free battery hold down. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/17/19 7:48 a.m.

Were 4 pages in, abd no wrenches have been turned anywhere near the car.

Probably time to change that.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/17/19 3:25 p.m.

that was way harder than i expected. But, its in. And the right front fender is bent more, but well fix that with a sawzall. 

Thank god for friends with 4wd. Would not have been possible without art and his Silverado. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/18/19 7:41 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Were 4 pages in, abd no wrenches have been turned anywhere near the car.

Probably time to change that.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. 

Angry, this steps for you!

Dusterbd13-michael
11/18/19 8:02 a.m.

Tonight i go to Greensboro for some stupid cheap dash and console parts. For some reason, i want the interior mostly complete before really anything else. Other than brakes. Brakes would be nice.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/18/19 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You need to post a picture of the dash/console so I can show Lil Stampie what he got for Christmas. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/18/19 5:51 p.m.

I like the parts hunt. Get to meete some very interesting people in very strange places. I just made friends with a guy that Parts out C5 Corvettes on the side. He likes this project.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/19/19 6:32 a.m.

Dylan: coils are here. Thanks again!

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/19/19 6:33 a.m.

Thanks from me also Dylan. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/19/19 8:39 a.m.

You both spelled my name wrong, but you're welcome. Go forth and do good things with them.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/19/19 9:07 a.m.

I actually never noticed the different spelling. Sorry for being oblivious....

And we will. Challenge, and eventually WORLD domination!!!!

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/19/19 9:12 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I actually never noticed the different spelling. Sorry for being oblivious....

You and every restaurant or coffee shop employee I've ever encountered. Don't feel too bad about it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/19/19 11:27 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I like the parts hunt. Get to meete some very interesting people in very strange places. I just made friends with a guy that Parts out C5 Corvettes on the side. He likes this project.

A little chuckle... 

In that meeting above, who really met the "interesting person"? 

On one hand we have a guy who takes apart Corvettes (meh.) On the other hand we have a guy creating an unholy union. Ha. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/19/19 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

My bad but I'm blaming Michael as I copied him. I'll write Daylan 100 times as punishment. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/19/19 1:11 p.m.

Wait, square coils or round coils? I may have a used set for square coils in my shop. Came off my 06 6.0L because I received a set of new in box NGK wires free and I was changing plugs any ways... I'll double check tonight if I kept them or tossed them. Shipping may be a bit expensive to cross the border tho...

Dusterbd13-michael
11/19/19 1:46 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

I appreciate the offer. However we now have one complete and another almost complete set of coils. So I'd rather see you send yours on to somebody else that may need them more than us.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/19/19 1:47 p.m.
John Welsh said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

A little chuckle... 

In that meeting above, who really met the "interesting person"? 

On one hand we have a guy who takes apart Corvettes (meh.) On the other hand we have a guy creating an unholy union. Ha. 

First Seth makes a comment about me and the seats trading diseases. Now  you make the comment that I am the more interesting one in the pair of the guy that ports out Corvettes with a goatee and a green Mohawk from behind an Alpine cabin in Greensboro and me. Not sure how I should feel about this. I'm going to choose honored. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/19/19 2:13 p.m.

I meant plug wires, sorry I wasn't very clear.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/19/19 3:36 p.m.
DjGreggieP said:

Wait, square coils or round coils? I may have a used set for square coils in my shop. Came off my 06 6.0L because I received a set of new in box NGK wires free and I was changing plugs any ways... I'll double check tonight if I kept them or tossed them. Shipping may be a bit expensive to cross the border tho...

He has square coils. I'll answer for him.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/19/19 3:44 p.m.

I'll check to see if I kept them or tossed them. I may have kept them since both my brother and mother have square coil ignition setups. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/19/19 6:12 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Daylan C :

My bad but I'm blaming Michael as I copied him. I'll write Daylan 100 times as punishment. 

Dusterbd13-michael
11/19/19 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You're not well.

Daylan: coils are perfect match. Thanks again 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/19/19 6:36 p.m.

I wrote a lot of sentences in elementary school. 

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
43djlhNQbdgg7Iyencf7uuanoJQThgdsR8hMtc13WmTdPe679MiziGYu31vDiCVB