1 2
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/25/21 1:53 p.m.

I have a love for Nissans off road after getting to hang with hefty fab and see what a well setup one does.ove the build. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/25/21 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Hefty is the man! Makes some of the best stuff around for sure. 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
10/25/21 4:51 p.m.
B13Birk said:

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Hefty is the man! Makes some of the best stuff around for sure. 

There isn't a massive aftermarket for Nissan 4x4s, but there are some companies making really top notch stuff. I've had no serious trouble finding parts to meet my needs, and it's nice to know I can easily go a LOT bigger and beefier if I ever choose to. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
10/25/21 6:00 p.m.

I was just poking around Hefty Fab's website and their stuff does look nice.

Do you know why everyone's rear bumper for Xterras is only the center section and not the corners? Corners are what usually hits rocks first in my experience. 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
10/26/21 4:37 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

I was just poking around Hefty Fab's website and their stuff does look nice.

Do you know why everyone's rear bumper for Xterras is only the center section and not the corners? Corners are what usually hits rocks first in my experience. 

I think Coastal Offroad has one, but you have to weld it together yourself.

Looks heavy

iansane
iansane HalfDork
10/26/21 9:55 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

That looks like a diaper.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
10/26/21 5:30 p.m.
iansane said:

In reply to akamcfly :

That looks like a diaper.

Kind of, yeah.

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/28/21 7:44 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Honestly Its a bunch of different variables. 1 is that the step part of the plastic corners has an odd body mount hanging down that I believe has a seam weld so its a little difficult to mess with too much. Additionally, the one piece bumpers look stupid as seen above. My long term plan is to have corners fabricated similar to the photos below. However Id like mine to still have a step. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/28/21 7:45 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

YES that thing is CRAZY heavy. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/1/22 9:03 a.m.

Its been a while since I updated this. Soooo Here we go. 

The GA,KY,TN,NC trip back in October was incredible. I was going to do a full right up. But instead, I made a YouTube video with all the random cell phone clips everyone took. I started a little channel a while back and frankly never intended to make videos as I really hate editing videos and hate taking video on trip even more because it distracts me from the purpose of being in the woods. RELAXING. But I was able to take everyone else's videos and make something I'm actually pretty proud of. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA52WLx2Ijo&t

I have made a few big changes over the past few weeks. I will get the pictures together of that and update the post here in the next few days. I suck at taking pictures while I'm working on stuff. But I made some cool upgrades to the rig I'm excited to show yall. 

As always, Thanks for reading. Go get busy Living. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TxbTG2JzPWBuPWa4o5oJMLSN3NDWC4dNvtjbKNMrqyg2MVkUOqHPF5H9CIlU9vNv