1 2 3 4 5

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Like they were put in a press. They were freaking OVAL.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/4/20 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

That'll do it.

One of the front rotors was pretty bad as well, but nothing like the drums

Some projects are a slippery slope. 

This one is fixing to be a motherberkeleying SKI JUMP!

today, i went to the yard. Got interior parts, a factory trans cooler setup, trailer hitch, not bent back bumper, and other stuff im forgetting. Brett gave me some good headlights,  shocks, springs. Scored wheels and other stuff from Patrick,  and drop spindles from John brown. 

Still to source suspension rebuild parts,  steering parts, rear four inch drop kit, time, money, and space. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/7/20 8:57 p.m.

Late to the party.finding the thread, will be watching. 

Si, I've got a $250 cart of rockauto maintenance and repair parts going. Wish i hadn't jumped the gun on so many parts yesterday and violated my own rules and plans. 

Its supposed to be safe. Reliable. Cool. In that order. I bought a E36 M3 ton of cool.

I also wanted to wait to put serious effort into this thing until neon is done, and i know its a good truck. Neither of which ive done. 

Sometimes I get a case of impulse buying and self will run riot. I have done this. 

Time to step back for a minute.....

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/8/20 11:48 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Si, I've got a $250 cart of rockauto maintenance and repair parts going. Wish i hadn't jumped the gun on so many parts yesterday and violated my own rules and plans. 

Its supposed to be safe. Reliable. Cool. In that order. I bought a E36 M3 ton of cool.

I also wanted to wait to put serious effort into this thing until neon is done, and i know its a good truck. Neither of which ive done. 

Sometimes I get a case of impulse buying and self will run riot. I have done this. 

Time to step back for a minute.....

When I finally sat down and added up the receipts from my engine swap I finally understood how this happens. It also made me step back and leave the coil overs in the cart for now!

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/8/20 12:05 p.m.

Yup. Gonna start a budget sheet on this. Keep track. Helps me stay focused with my other builds, so wgy not this one? Only build i didn't count costs on was my stepside. Thats how i wound up spending damn near 5k additional on a 2500 truck.....

solfly
solfly Dork
9/9/20 5:59 a.m.

Got anything from the "cool" category to unload?

In reply to solfly :

Not yet. Mostly its better bumpers,  non broken interior,  etc.

Do have "ground force " drop springs of unknown spec that i was given, gave to Brett,  and came back. I THINK they are two inch

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
9/9/20 9:09 a.m.

How is the exhaust on this ..I still have my stock two pipe cat back???? 

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Its a little crusty,  but solid enough to run for now. Probably just get the stock 3 inch stuff and a dynomax super turbo when it rots off. But, looks like that will be a while. Hopefully. 

I really appreciate the offer though!!!!

so, figured id post pictures of the non safety parts. Step at a time.....

9/10/20 6:55 a.m.

Took a minute yesterday to fire up the pressure washer and purple power. 

I did underside and engine bay and nooks and crannies. Its a LOT better. Pics don't do it justice,  and you have to take my word for it because I didn't take any before of the engine bay or underside. 

Also, i realized what all pullapart charged me for and ill be going back to take some if it back for store credit....

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/10/20 9:52 a.m.

I have that hitch sitting here but that one is way cleaner

9/10/20 9:54 a.m.

Yeah, for $25 i couldn't turn it down! Dunno how much its rated for, but probably way more than my talent is rated for!

solfly
solfly Dork
9/10/20 3:20 p.m.

Have you seen the cbc spindles that convert to unit bearing? They were in the obs builders guide. I can't find any more about them. They don't answer emails and I can never call when I think of it.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/10/20 3:28 p.m.

even clean,  i don't like the color. But it looks FAR better clean and with the toolbox and bed rails removed 

that was the color of my 93 ECSB and my 89 RCSB. Loved that color because it never looked dirty

9/10/20 3:41 p.m.

Sofly: new one on me! Got a link or something?

Bobzilla: that is not a benefit that i had considered! Im waiting to see if it is actually growing on me. Always love a black truck. but ik willing to branch out temporarily.....

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 3:55 p.m.

For some reason every time I see a GMT400 that color it's driven by a 90 year old man in overalls. 

9/10/20 6:30 p.m.

Some days I feel 90.....

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 7:07 p.m.

Don't we all?  Want some overalls for Christmas?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/10/20 7:14 p.m.

Sofly: new one on me! Got a link or something?

Bobzilla: that is not a benefit that i had considered! Im waiting to see if it is actually growing on me. Always love a black truck. but ik willing to branch out temporarily.....

The only way I could tell they needed a bath was when the black moldings were body color. Lol. Loved that color. Traded the 93 for a black sport side Sonoma that stayed clear 1.4 seconds after washing. I know because I timed it 

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/10/20 7:25 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Don't we all?  Want some overalls for Christmas?

Don't we all want some overalls for Christmas?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/10/20 7:50 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

Well yeah but I wanna rock them commando style.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ylxpcdmwLOX86whBLYMWRoyEErtoU1JvyDVZsEPZTxXsAYkJ0YzxdYZPqS3Uztd2