1 2
ClassicHondaGuy
ClassicHondaGuy New Reader
6/20/16 9:55 a.m.

This spring I finally, after years of college and getting my career started, took the plunge and picked up a AutoX/Track toy. The car is a 1986 E prepared Honda Civic. Some of you may recognize this car because the guy I purchased it from was an AutoX regular. In a hard turn, while competing in an AutoX event, one side of the engine was starved of oil and it spun a crank bearing. While the owner had done much of the work to have the engine rebuilt, along with some other upgrades, he decided to sell the car before it was complete (Too many toys). That's where I come in. I picked it up in it's current condition. The engine needs some machine work and the rest of the chores include basic reassembly. It is still currently ready for the E prepared class, however I want it to serve two purposes. I want to participate in AutoX events, as well as track events. This will require a couple mods including rewiring the tail lights, installing a temporary passenger seat and so on. So far, I've pulled the motor and added a new bench to the garage to complete the engine rebuild. Here are some pics: (The watermark on the pics is just the logo for my blog)

Thanks for reading!!

nickt93
nickt93 New Reader
6/20/16 11:04 a.m.

Very cool car! Appears to be in great shape too.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/20/16 12:26 p.m.

Damn. I was hoping this was a for sale post. Nice cars!

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
6/20/16 1:30 p.m.

So clean!

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
6/20/16 3:21 p.m.

That is the cleanest wrecked engine I have ever seen LOL

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/20/16 3:50 p.m.

OH, OK, two can play at that game!

Here is my new girlfriend: She was dating another guy but was starved for attention, so I picked her up at a coffee bar over a $4 cup of joe. She will be dual purpose, taking care of the house and cooking, but also for hot dates and late nights.

There, now you are as jealous of me as I am of you. (nice car, have fun with it and update us often!)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/20/16 3:51 p.m.

Except of course if your girlfriend is even hotter, then I just hate you.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/20/16 3:51 p.m.

I should say significant other, didn't mean to make assumptions.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/20/16 3:52 p.m.

Not that you HAVE to have a significant other, flying solo is totally cool.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/20/16 3:52 p.m.

That came off as a masturbation reference...can we just delete my entire attempt at humor?

ClassicHondaGuy
6/20/16 4:04 p.m.

Wow! Thank's all! The car is in fantastic shape. It started it's life as a rust free car from Arizona and was built by a very capable and knowledgeable owner. In fact, the owner prior to the guy I bought it from, got 2 sets of Koni Yellows and had them rebuilt, revalved, and made double adjustable. $700 a pop. Glad he took care of that before I got it. The engine has had work done to it since the incident with the spun bearing. I just need to tear it down and rebuild it after the crank has been turned for the new bearing. He also gave me a bunch of goodies that he never got around to adding to the car. :)

Sorry pinchvalve, my wife is pretty hot actually ;)

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
6/20/16 4:51 p.m.

That is a really cool car and seems like the perfect dual purpose machine. Where did you find it? Just being "in the know" or was it advertised somewhere? (He asks knowing that if it was found online and starts looking at cars his SWMBO will probably make him sleep in it....)

-Rob

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
6/20/16 7:03 p.m.

That car looks very familiar to me...hmm...

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
6/20/16 7:08 p.m.

Was the PO named Dave?

ClassicHondaGuy
6/21/16 8:10 a.m.
rob_lewis wrote: That is a really cool car and seems like the perfect dual purpose machine. Where did you find it? Just being "in the know" or was it advertised somewhere? (He asks knowing that if it was found online and starts looking at cars his SWMBO will probably make him sleep in it....) -Rob

The owner was a part of a forum for first generation CRXs and 3rd generation Civics that I was also part of. He was holding out for someone on the forum to pick it up. He also wanted to make sure the car went to someone who would use it for what it was built for. I consider myself very lucky to have it.

ClassicHondaGuy
6/21/16 8:12 a.m.
Nick (picaso) Comstock wrote: Was the PO named Dave?

No, but if it helps, he was based in Kansas. I'm pretty sure he also attended Pro Solo events in Nebraska.

ClassicHondaGuy
6/21/16 8:42 a.m.

Here are a couple more pics. The last pic is of the bench I had to build to have more space to work on the engine.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/21/16 8:46 a.m.

Wow...PLEASE update us often. Very clean

solfly
solfly HalfDork
6/21/16 12:14 p.m.

AWESOME CAR, GREAT PICTURES

ClassicHondaGuy
6/22/16 8:34 a.m.

Thanks again! I will update as often as I have something to share.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/22/16 10:27 a.m.
ClassicHondaGuy wrote: The owner was a part of a forum for first generation CRXs and 3rd generation Civics that I was also part of. He was holding out for someone on the forum to pick it up. He also wanted to make sure the car went to someone who would use it for what it was built for. I consider myself very lucky to have it.

Which website, Redpepper?

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
6/22/16 11:10 a.m.

That is one very seriously hot piece of tail. We're going to need to see a few snaps of the bottlecap'd CRX as well.

petegans
petegans New Reader
6/30/16 9:21 a.m.

Absolutely badass!

ClassicHondaGuy
7/6/16 8:12 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote:
ClassicHondaGuy wrote: The owner was a part of a forum for first generation CRXs and 3rd generation Civics that I was also part of. He was holding out for someone on the forum to pick it up. He also wanted to make sure the car went to someone who would use it for what it was built for. I consider myself very lucky to have it.
Which website, Redpepper?

That's correct!

ClassicHondaGuy
7/6/16 8:15 a.m.
ValuePack wrote: That is one very seriously hot piece of tail. We're going to need to see a few snaps of the bottlecap'd CRX as well.

Thanks very much! :)

Here's a couple shots of the CRX...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jx8IJbGOY1FoCeQuqJqL3Z5yZ6DZTBCQXKn1ML7wbqnN23ifFHoG2StHaKd0HiLQ