1 2
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
7/24/18 8:45 p.m.

That first magazine picture is at production Mustang height?

Floating Doc
Floating Doc HalfDork
7/25/18 8:05 a.m.

I've never heard that it mattered to anyone else, but I've always been an admirer of the 95 GT for their historical significance: the last of the pushrod Mustangs.

Always wanted one, never followed through. I'll be following this with interest.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
7/26/18 10:51 a.m.

^It does matter to others, the '96-'98s flood the secondary market. '94-95s have held their value better.

FIYAPOWA
FIYAPOWA Reader
7/26/18 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Moved to a house with a much bigger garage - already have 3 projects (including this one) plus my 2011 Mustang, the F350, and the trailer.  I *shouldn't* buy any more cars, but I'm itching for a daily...

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/26/18 7:12 p.m.

In reply to FIYAPOWA :

Ex po-po SHO maybe?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy PowerDork
7/26/18 9:25 p.m.

Subbed for interest. I wanted to build a dirt slinging Mustang for a while.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
7/30/18 12:15 p.m.

Just to fill in a small piece of the history of this car.

Previous to Vorshlag, Richard Miller bought it. I suppose he thought the cage was legal, or it was grandfathered in. But it was not legal for rally, which I believe was a bitter pill to swallow. He bought another SN95, had a properly caged, and moved all the parts from this car to his new car. The hulk moldered in his back lot with a couple other cars, a vintage 99 Saab prepped for rally use, and an old Auto Union. Terry bought it for rallycross, as he also remembere it from back in the day when it was on the mazine cover. He stored it indoors for ages until he planned to sell his house and build a new building for Vorshlag. Then it went on the block.

FIYAPOWA
FIYAPOWA Reader
7/31/18 7:15 a.m.

Still getting the garage organized from the move, but here are some of my "inspirational" pictures that show some pieces that I believe the car *should have*:

Passenger foot rest.  Originally, the car didn't have one, but I think for passengers to appreciate a rallycross, it would be a good idea.

Hydraulic e-brake.  I don't know that I need a Ken Block-esque tower, but a period-looking piece would fit nicely.

This is the car the above detail pics came from.  Not necessarily the same exact vintage or series, but I think these rims would fit the look (in the correct bolt pattern, of course).  Also, note the front lip spoiler, which could be added to the Mustang easily.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/31/18 9:37 a.m.

In reply to FIYAPOWA :

I’d suggest a front skid plate vs. a lip like that, even just for rallyx. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
7/31/18 10:15 a.m.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
10/11/18 4:25 p.m.

How is this build coming? Any updates?

Chris9908
Chris9908
12/15/20 11:20 a.m.

In reply to FIYAPOWA :

I have to say this is an incredible surprise, my dad built this car and for years I always wondered where it was. Could you direct message me and we could talk about it?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TwwaZzJKNy3jAL3P7RkJ3p5tId4iUxR1DU30oZ1kVUavpJVYpCDJpFskydCQwz91