15 16 17
nderwater
nderwater UberDork
11/5/13 11:10 a.m.
Warren v wrote: XP-3 will be getting a little facelift.

So stoked.

thestig
thestig New Reader
11/6/13 1:50 a.m.

What's the timeframe on the new body work? Is it just hood and nose cone or did you remake the gas tank cover. Any changes to mounting points?

Also is there any word on a wiring/ecu package from DIY autotune?

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
11/6/13 3:19 a.m.

Full info on the bodywork comes Friday. We are not carrying over any UK bodywork.

Funnily enough, I actually stopped by DIY yesterday. I can say the wiring package is being worked on. They're sourcing the best components and making no compromises on the quality of the harness, so timelines are hard to pinpoint right now. Once it's out, I can see a lot of Exocets and track-rat Miatas swapping out their ECU and harness for this system. It's sweet. VVT will be supported from the get-go.

For others that may be thinking it might be a straight replacement for the stock harness, it's not. It's an entirely new motorsport-grade system. You'll want to retain the stock harness and ECU if you need to pass OBDII emissions on your Exocet.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
11/6/13 10:32 a.m.

Here's another view:

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/7/13 10:11 p.m.
Warren v wrote: Here's another view:

Come on Warren! Its almost midnight there right? Lol

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
11/8/13 11:05 a.m.

Here ya go: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/grm-exclusive-reveal-exocet-spec-a/57663/page25/#post1359420

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/8/13 1:38 p.m.
Warren v wrote: Full info on the bodywork comes Friday. We are not carrying over any UK bodywork. Funnily enough, I actually stopped by DIY yesterday. I can say the wiring package is being worked on. They're sourcing the best components and making no compromises on the quality of the harness, so timelines are hard to pinpoint right now. Once it's out, I can see a lot of Exocets and track-rat Miatas swapping out their ECU and harness for this system. It's sweet. VVT will be supported from the get-go. For others that may be thinking it might be a straight replacement for the stock harness, it's not. It's an entirely new motorsport-grade system. You'll want to retain the stock harness and ECU if you need to pass OBDII emissions on your Exocet.

Oh gawd, I love the sound a specific VVT harness for my '90 track rat.

15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F3GoQXLgraaCp07Bhp15drqFZgzZcFna1apmLRJ3ChIGK518Gt6H3LUKm1Qqw94D