2 3 4 5
FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket Reader
9/25/19 12:27 p.m.

Thanks Stefan! It seems on the go parts there was more go available, but he was keeping lots of room and not tailgating, so I was thinking that was the case. Still looks like a blast!

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/25/19 1:00 p.m.

In reply to FunkyCricket :

Plus Exo cars are, um, a bit breezy at high speeds so they reach terminal velocity quite quickly.

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
10/9/19 6:18 a.m.

oh i had a good old time out at STPR. I've been thinking a lot lately about making up some more chassis'. It would be easier to make them more offroady than like mine. If i were to use the stock suspension it would sit about 4" higher. I'd have to address how close the front tire sits to the vertical tube that would be the "door hinge tube". I mounted 265/35's the other day and now i cant turn the wheel all the way. Nota big deal but it would be in a tight spot.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/9/19 9:52 a.m.

This thing is so freaking awesome. Keep it up.

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
11/6/19 7:25 a.m.

Exotruckette  starting this winter. The wife wants one. It will be nearly identical to mine but with a few changes.

Pink with white plastics

Automatic transmission

Power Steering

2.5L NA

Radio

quieter muffler

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/6/19 8:04 a.m.

Awesome!

E_NinjA
E_NinjA New Reader
11/6/19 9:58 a.m.

You mentioned earlier in the thread about making more chassis. Obviously you have decided to go that route with making the wife her own exotruck. Have you had anyone approach you about making them for potential customers? It certainly seems like something that there's got to be some sort of market out there for.

davbro
davbro New Reader
12/4/19 2:41 p.m.

Amazing truck, i LOVE IT!!!! Maaaddd

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
11/21/20 8:29 p.m.

Still lurking. Exotruck has become more and more of a brand for me lately. Recently awarded fan favorite in a Hot Wheels legends tour, drove 600 miles to meet the previous Hot wheels tour winner. More recently threw a rod through the block. Currently breaking in a new motor capable of 600hp. Since Covid, ive lost my job building waterparks and after a lot of thinking and input from others, i decided to start a shop and build Exotruck chassis, Havent sold any yet, havent put them up for sale.  Working on a chassis that ive applied my R&D to. This one will be the mold so its taking me a bit of time. Any way, just stopping in to update.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/22/20 5:54 a.m.

Awesome 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
11/22/20 6:10 a.m.

In reply to exotruck :

Where are you located?

I’m trying to figure out my shipping options. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/22/20 6:41 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

He's just outside of Pittsburgh. Pretty much my neighbor. 

New York Nick
New York Nick New Reader
11/22/20 6:46 p.m.

Good luck with the shop, I am impressed with the bold move. Wishing you all the best. 
NYN

java230
java230 UberDork
11/23/20 11:47 a.m.

Bad thoughts....

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
12/29/20 3:14 p.m.

Getting ready to open up for sales next week. #1 getting sheet metal while assemblies for 2 & 3 are pre-fabbed in jigs

E_NinjA
E_NinjA New Reader
12/29/20 3:32 p.m.

Awesome to see this thread with new posts! And awesome ones at that. Are your first few already spoken for?

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/29/20 10:22 p.m.

Awesome. Best of luck on the business. What did you do for the windshield material and mounting to the tube frame?

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/29/20 11:10 p.m.

How did I miss this? Looks insane!

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
12/30/20 5:54 p.m.
bgkast (Forum Supporter) said:

Awesome. Best of luck on the business. What did you do for the windshield material and mounting to the tube frame?

I use laminated safety glass, mounts to a flat bar frame with regular windshield glue

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
1/6/21 3:15 p.m.

In reply to E_NinjA :

No buyers yet

E_NinjA
E_NinjA New Reader
1/6/21 4:36 p.m.

In reply to exotruck :

Get at me. a dot broderius @ gmail

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
1/6/21 6:30 p.m.

In reply to E_NinjA :

www.shopexotruck.com

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
9/4/21 6:52 p.m.

Just saw a video with Bucky Lasek driving your car at Subiefest. So cool!

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/4/21 8:02 p.m.

I'm pretty curious about one of these being built more off-roady with stockish ride height.

I have a donor.

exotruck
exotruck New Reader
12/23/21 10:25 p.m.

Quarterly update time.

I opened a shop, closed the shop. Too much overhead so I'm building onto my house. 24x30 garage with some living space above. It'll help me stay in fabrication without adding to my living expenses. I'm nearly done with another build for a guy in Texas. 

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wq71BB5ieXjvgogwTiprOXcg3i0ZZQCuVYf6UYe1zzdGFDdQPAFzD5hcQGpJQHmc