1 2 3
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 12:41 p.m.

Well, the little lady hasn't been happy about me driving the truck for a while, wants something with airbags and a crash structure and whatnot.  Better MPG would also be helpful.

So I bought a Miata.

Pink stitching?  

Has an aftermarket muffler.  I'm sure it gives at least twelveteen HPs.  It does give a nicer growl when starting.

Picked it up wearing the right shirt, at least.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
9/4/22 12:43 p.m.

Awesome. Looks like a hoot. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/4/22 12:45 p.m.

The red top looks great on the white car! I like it ... but you said you werent going to buy it!!! Liar. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 12:46 p.m.

There are a couple little details on it that need to be tweaked.  The headlights are seriously mis-aimed.  Some light googling says that there should be a sensor somewhere that aims the headlights?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

I know.  I was weak.

I hope to be an inspiration for every GRMer.  Do it.  Buy the thing.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/4/22 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

You look happy in there. Hit up Flyin Miata yet?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 2:03 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

My wallet probably can't stand that.

... yes

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
9/4/22 2:11 p.m.

Looking good!!!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/22 2:54 p.m.

Awesome!!!!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 3:38 p.m.

Friend: "So, now that you have this, what are you going to do with the truck?"

"I don't understand the question?"

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
9/4/22 3:44 p.m.

Sweet!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/4/22 10:04 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Has an aftermarket muffler.  I'm sure it gives at least twelveteen HPs.  It does give a nicer growl when starting.

Had a guy on another site point out that this is likely a RoadsterSport SuperStreet Twin Tip.  Good for about 8HP.

https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1934.html

Apparently there was a review of the muffler in the GRM Magazine, Dec 2016

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
9/5/22 10:06 a.m.

Love the color combination. Looks like a super nice example. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/5/22 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not that it necessarily means much, but it LOOKS like a nice exhaust. 

congrats on buying a sweet car. 

miat-i should have a something like a "if you know, then you know"  kinda slogan. Im sure it gets more varied reactions than any other modern car.   From hate to love to confusion.

some good examples:

Why is he driving that girls car

he does not look like a hairdresser

thats a berkin sweet miata!

must be his boyfriends car

man those ND's are sweet!

a person who does not look like the belong in a miata, but is in a miata, and unabashedly loving it, is probably a good happy person who does not value what knuckledraggers think. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/5/22 4:52 p.m.

Yo brah you look good in pink......wink

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/5/22 5:30 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Dude, I know.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/5/22 5:38 p.m.

I draw the line at hightops capeche

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/5/22 7:37 p.m.

Nicely done sir. Maybe if I pitch it as a safety purchase I'll get my wife to let me buy one. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/5/22 9:20 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

There are a couple little details on it that need to be tweaked.  The headlights are seriously mis-aimed.  Some light googling says that there should be a sensor somewhere that aims the headlights?

So I haven't been able to find a headlight sensor.  Do I just get in there and start tweaking, or is there a specific option that I'm looking to see if the car has?
Every how-to I'm finding is for people that have already lowered their cars, which I don't think this has been.

This is parked in front of my house, the cut off is one house away.  That's got to be off.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/5/22 9:42 p.m.

I have no idea how it works on a Miata, but in an M3 there are two little electronic boxes. One on the passenger side front control arm and one on the passenger rear. Now these electronic adjustors just compensate for suspension load and also aim it farther once you go over 100mph. 

There are also manual adjusting knobs by the lights. 

I would check the suspension, both front and back bit would also look at the lights themselves and adjust there. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UberDork
9/6/22 8:20 a.m.

Nice Miata! Looks like a Club trim based on the cloth seats + Bilsteins. I love that red top on white paint. The 2020 100th anniversary edition used the same color combo.

...bring it to the Challenge and race me in my ND2 RF?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/6/22 8:42 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Mr_Asa said:

So I haven't been able to find a headlight sensor.  Do I just get in there and start tweaking, or is there a specific option that I'm looking to see if the car has?
Every how-to I'm finding is for people that have already lowered their cars, which I don't think this has been.

This is parked in front of my house, the cut off is one house away.  That's got to be off.

What the fuuuuuuuuuudge.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=683962

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/6/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Def driving it to the Challenge.  As for the rest, I'll be glad to see if your hardtop negates the built-in weight disadvantage I have.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/6/22 9:39 a.m.

That is a great looking color combo. I like the body matched door cards too. Pink is manly, BTW. Embrace the stitches

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/6/22 8:22 p.m.

Its pretty hard to find a bad angle for one of these.
But of all the angles that aren't bad, this is one of my favorite.

LOL.  "Chase"

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
miSUqHldy6qk38gM8Qw9FIT4OX8T3TAhxRwJMMZOEJh4AnIK3Y01WlS1CXCygXj8