2 3 4
petey
petey New Reader
12/7/20 8:47 p.m.

so its crunch time.hopefully not literally. did a full electrical run down of the old Vagn and i have power everywhere i need it....all sensors,injectors,pumps,everything has reported for duty.

so the plan is to get a nice 40 pounder of Crown Royal,slug half of it back then hit the key for the first time and see what happens.might be interesting.might be a crushing defeat.

but at least ill have another half bottle for sorrow drowning.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/7/20 10:43 p.m.

In reply to petey :

Nah..cause I will be around to help with the other half. Better buy two bottles.

petey
petey New Reader
12/12/20 9:50 p.m.

went out to the shop with mr nohome last night.had the battery charger on for 4 hours,so hooked it up,did a quick test to see that the TPS etc had power (they did),then took a shot of crown and had nohome hit the key to check fuel pressure. 55 psi at the reg,bit high but solid.

another shot

okay,crank it and lets see what happens.

starter cranks and 2 seconds later the damn thing fired right up.then rpms climbed to maybe 3500....sheet shut it down

check the old IAC,its trash,stuck open.replace with another one,crank it,fires right up.3500 again.

figure maybe a vacuum leak,which would be an absolute nightmare on the hand fabricated intake manifold.check the throttle body gasket,all the vac lines etc etc etc...then i think "i wonder if i put the TPS on backwards...."

flip it around,hit the key again and it fires,then immediately settles into a lovely idle.

no water in it,fired dry cuz why not.started it again today and it's sooooo minty.give it a quick rev at the throttle body and hear the blower kick up for the first time.blower bypass worked minty...so next is put water in it and see how it all works.only problem experienced was the rear seal on the trans,it might as well not have one as fluid just oozed right out.

to summarize...maybe 6 years of futzing around creating a blower intake,6 months or so building the Vagn,and its just peachy.and sounds absolutely vicious

petey
petey New Reader
12/23/20 1:51 p.m.

In reply to petey :

First drive was good...the trans isn't 100% on board, works great manually shifting but left full auto it's not ideal.but locked in first hit the gas and it feels strong as hell. Needs a Trac lok though that much is really apparent

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
12/23/20 2:32 p.m.

In reply to petey :

Sounds like fun! Could always just weld the diff up.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/23/20 2:45 p.m.
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/23/20 2:47 p.m.

Not sure what happened to the earlier post.

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) UltimaDork
12/23/20 2:55 p.m.

Woohoo!

Looks snug, but happy!

petey
petey New Reader
12/23/20 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom (FFS) :

There's actually more room under the hood than the Lincoln mark 8 that it came out of.way more than in a fox mustang, the thing sits in there just beautifully

petey
petey New Reader
12/25/20 9:47 p.m.

think i has the trans issue figured out...VSS wiring wasnt complete thanks to splicing 5 connecters in.alcohol may have been a factor

then its snowed for 2 days and theres a foot of the white death on the ground,so test drive number 11 will have to wait a bit

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/25/20 11:05 p.m.

Until like April?

petey
petey New Reader
12/25/20 11:11 p.m.

yeah no.soon as the roads are clear-ish ill do it again,thanks to 600 lbs of rust check salt doesnt scare me

petey
petey New Reader
12/26/20 10:42 a.m.

and if the blower ends up being any sort of meh (unlikely) there's always this sitting in the shop.too bad it won't fit the MGB

petey
petey New Reader
12/30/20 11:20 a.m.

time for some fun.bargain fiber hood in process,stage 1 is now complete.just has to dry.at a room temp of 6.3 degrees c

petey
petey Reader
12/30/20 11:53 a.m.

yup.liking it so far

Went with a chaotic patchwork.live it looks like random carbon scraps thrown on.more interesting than basic black anyways

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
12/30/20 1:10 p.m.

That is a cool looking ride, and you guys did a great job making it look like it was always there! Needs more blower whine though devil

Where in Ontario do you live? If I had to guess, I'd say it looks like a Hamilton Mountain neighborhood (on the first drive video).

Keen to see further updates!

petey
petey Reader
12/30/20 1:25 p.m.

In reply to edwardh80 :

Damn right about the whine....needs a smaller driven pulley as it uses a stock crank piece.half an inch smaller should give 10 lbs as it is the math says 6ish.but it DOES boost and that's why I'm haaaaappy

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
12/30/20 5:06 p.m.
petey said:

and if the blower ends up being any sort of meh (unlikely) there's always this sitting in the shop.too bad it won't fit the MGB

Shoot mod the fenders, the boot,(B/GT) what ever it freekin ' takes ......snails and glowing pipes rock!!!!  DO IT forget that electric car crap.......Happy New Year!!!!!!

petey
petey Reader
12/30/20 5:54 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

That s the spirit

But that engine with the snails is only 8 inches narrower than the top of the MGB lolz

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jhij93aMYujpMIRcjAoKXv0PQ21GY4LsNaKL5bw8eK6DXNrT1cKPXAGUnrIeckTf