jdogg
jdogg Reader
1/3/21 8:44 p.m.

The story goes, my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's father basically gave this thing to me for free to make it go away or else it was going to the crusher.

It has a 305 with Rochester 4bbl carb, all the smog crap, Turbo 350 trans because the old 700-R4 kicked the bucket like so many did in the day, and most importantly, AC!

The front end needs some love I suspect the shocks are blown. It is the slowest vehicle I have ever driven, even my semi-truck would probably spank this thing, at least to 65mph.

It will be on the backburner for now as I have my hands full with the Panda Express and the Jaaaaaaaaaaag but you will definitely see it here, and at some point, with a 383 and some sort of decent 4-speed transmission. It has minimal rust and handles like a frigging boat.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
1/3/21 8:56 p.m.

Don't you hate it when you think these are free "for sale" ads?

I love these things for all their 80s craptacular goodness.  Buddy in HS had an 87 TA.  Another buddy smashed it into the side of a school bus.  First car I was ever detained while driving.

I'll be following along.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/3/21 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I thought the same thing.  There was a free Datsun Roadster recently.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/3/21 9:03 p.m.

This is what the people I know give away.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
1/3/21 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Not gonna lie, I'd turn around to pick that wagon up off the curb.

jdogg
jdogg Reader
1/3/21 10:04 p.m.

I'm still waiting for the "gotcha" moment while working on it that wasn't disclosed to me as to why it was given to me but so far it's legit.

I haven't decided its actual fate yet, whether it will end up as a street and strip cruiser (likely) a Bonneville car (probably not) but either way I am keeping it. I've always wanted something old school and completely mechanical, no computers no electronic nannies, no airbags, we die like real men.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
1/4/21 7:31 a.m.
jdogg said:

The story goes, my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's father basically gave this thing to me for free to make it go away or else it was going to the crusher.

It has a 305 with Rochester 4bbl carb, all the smog crap, Turbo 350 trans because the old 700-R4 kicked the bucket like so many did in the day, and most importantly, AC!

The front end needs some love I suspect the shocks are blown. It is the slowest vehicle I have ever driven, even my semi-truck would probably spank this thing, at least to 65mph.

It will be on the backburner for now as I have my hands full with the Panda Express and the Jaaaaaaaaaaag but you will definitely see it here, and at some point, with a 383 and some sort of decent 4-speed transmission. It has minimal rust and handles like a frigging boat.

You could probably swap that 305 into your semi and still be as fast as what I had back in the day.  '81 Pontiac Grand Prix with carb'd 231.  

FatMongo
FatMongo Reader
1/4/21 8:46 a.m.

Anyone that was going to send that car in the photo above to the crusher should be beaten and I mean soundly thrashed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L1REmMPQIbGCEz8aTEAVSaXiKHOklyImp8gxB78dSCpln7hNLP3flznGBeQOYiBl