pricebill
pricebill New Reader
11/18/16 1:10 p.m.

All I want for Christmas is an update.

Chadeux
Chadeux HalfDork
11/18/16 1:17 p.m.

In reply to pricebill:

Come on man, don't play with me like that.

"ZOMG IT'S ON THE FIRST PAGE! UPDATEZ!!!!111!!...oh...nevermind..."

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
11/30/16 12:48 p.m.
pricebill wrote: All I want for Christmas is an update.

It's now on my list too

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
11/30/16 1:12 p.m.
Cooper_Tired wrote:
pricebill wrote: All I want for Christmas is an update.
It's now on my list too

I doubt even santa can help us with this.

Nader
Nader New Reader
1/18/17 5:12 a.m.

I punched in Ferrari in the search box for this forum, and this is the only project I could find. I was dismayed at first that the original engine wasn't going to be used. Engines are what made Ferrari. Even worse that the transplant wasn't going to be a V8. Then the project changed hands a couple of times, and the last (current?) owner really impressed me by not only going V8, but mounting it longitudinally. I think the turbos are unnecessary, but can understand that "if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly!"

So, what happened here?

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
1/18/17 5:58 a.m.
Nader said: So, what happened here?

Life.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/18/17 7:19 a.m.

I saw this pop up on the front page, and was SO excited to click in here to see an update...... but only found some-one else hoping for an update

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
1/18/17 3:43 p.m.

If this project gets passed on to another owner, may I call dibs?

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
1/18/17 4:12 p.m.

Has anyone tried PMing the most recent owner?

pricebill
pricebill New Reader
11/22/17 1:58 p.m.

I ask for the same thing each year but I must be on Santa's f'd list.  Update?

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
11/22/17 2:01 p.m.

At this point confirmation that the last known custodian of the Fubaru is still alive would be nice.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
11/22/17 6:24 p.m.

...Just as I posted up above, nearly a year ago, when I saw this pop up to the top of the build logs, I was super stoked, only to be disappointed yet again...crying

Woody
Woody MegaDork
11/22/17 9:11 p.m.

^Also disappointed.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
11/23/17 12:42 p.m.
Nader said:

I punched in Ferrari in the search box for this forum, and this is the only project I could find. I was dismayed at first that the original engine wasn't going to be used. Engines are what made Ferrari. Even worse that the transplant wasn't going to be a V8. Then the project changed hands a couple of times, and the last (current?) owner really impressed me by not only going V8, but mounting it longitudinally. I think the turbos are unnecessary, but can understand that "if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly!"

So, what happened here?

Lame.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/4/17 3:49 p.m.

so much want...for an update...

pricebill
pricebill New Reader
7/4/18 10:04 p.m.

I have spent entirely too much time wondering where this project has gone.  This post is clicked upon by myself once every six months for no reason other than if I just want to see if it's real.  Please contact me for purchase and completion of your idea.   

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy UltraDork
7/4/18 10:24 p.m.

Here I sit broken hearted, clicked to see updates, but nothing started.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
7/5/18 7:01 a.m.

I got an email notification about this thread last night... I should have known...

Are we going to give up when this thread hits page 25 just though people saying they miss it and wish it got updated?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/5/18 7:08 a.m.

Has anyone tried PMing the last owner of the project?

Edit: Just sent a message, I’ll let everyone know if it goes through. 

Double-edit: Well the PM bounced, but the Yahoo reply contained his gmail address, so I sent him a message asking about the car. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
7/5/18 2:29 p.m.

I hope he gets it going. I could have been done with it with the STI engine by now if I hadn't gotten married and moved cross country. The turbo LS just looks so good back ther.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
7/5/18 5:14 p.m.

Say "Subararri" with your worst Italian accent (roll the Rs).  Yea, sounds like a great plan

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
7/5/18 6:42 p.m.

Just did some rapidfire google stalking.  Found his LSX build thread and a couple interweb blogs posts about the build, but nothing more recent than his 2016 post above.

Hope all is well with the builder.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
7/5/18 8:43 p.m.

Well if he ever checks back in I’d also like to throw my ‘dibs’ out there if he’d like to sell.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/20/20 5:19 p.m.

4-1/2 years without an update. But the complaints of this being on Page 1 will be worth reading.  :-P

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
10/20/20 5:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

4-1/2 years without an update. But the complaints of this being on Page 1 will be worth reading.  :-P

I'm with you. Let's keep this alive, don't ignore!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
os8GnHIF6JjEIsuW4mA6yS8LDMfUZ5ZpzqnttMaQC9WHTXs5GWuHh5o8voIPZqD5