2 3 4 5
spandak
spandak Reader
3/7/18 11:23 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

My coworker ran one on his V6 Mazda 6 and had some leaking. He eventually removed it. 

I missed the AFR question last time: I ran an OBD2 app on my phone to check fuel rail pressure and AFRs when I first bought the car to try and baseline everything. It said the car was pretty much at stoic on full throttle runs. Everything I’ve read (and the soot on my tail pipe) says these cars run pig rich on boost. So the OBD system might not be the best source for AFR information. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
3/7/18 8:10 p.m.

Roof rack is on, along with one tray. Missing a fairly specific bolt for the other tray. Excited to be able to go mountain biking again though. Installation was fairly straightforward just had to drill 4 small holes in the rain gutter. As always SWMBO was there to help 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
3/8/18 8:18 a.m.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
3/8/18 6:35 p.m.

Oh gee what is all this...?

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
4/6/18 11:36 a.m.

Update: turbo is drinking oil like it's getting paid for it. Also throwing multiple codes pointing to purge valve. Valve is ordered, turbo will hopefully be getting ordered next month (along with supporting mods of course)

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
4/12/18 6:02 p.m.

High pressure fuel pump internals arrived today. 

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
4/12/18 7:06 p.m.

It's a "reliability" mod. Next thing you know you're pushing 350 whp.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
4/12/18 8:01 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Well I am ordering a BNR s3 turbo so... 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/13/18 10:38 a.m.

I know so little about the car and mods in question that each time you post it sends me off into a rabbit hole learning new things. These are the best kinds of threads.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
4/13/18 1:50 p.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Ooo good choice. I like the Corksport drop in that I have but every now and again I wish I had gone with a BNR.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
4/14/18 8:30 a.m.

I thought really hard about the corksport drop in but ultimately decided the bnr s3 was more inline with what I was trying to accomplish. Also the blown turbo threads scared me (even though I realize a lot of those people were running waaaaaay to much boost). Cousin_Eddie glad to be the reason for the learning. For what its worth, you've opened my eyes to cleaning up the engine & powder coating stuff. So when everything gets torn apart, the valve cover will be getting sent off.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/3/19 4:24 p.m.

Much needed update: fuel pump internals, corksport turbo inlet pipe, corksport intake, cpe tmic, corksport rear motor mount, jbr boost tubes, and accessport are all on. The turbosmart bpv is setup for full recirc now. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
9/3/19 8:48 p.m.

Did the BNR S3 go in too?

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/3/19 11:48 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Unfortunately no. After a long talk with swmbo about priorities, a replacement k04 went in to replace the smoky one. Hoping to have this sold by the end of October and getting myself into a focus st 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/21/19 6:38 p.m.

Finally got around to making the front emblem black to match the rear (black when I purchased the car). Also had GREAT results with the 3m headlight restoration kit someone on here suggested in a thread I can't recall. Used it to the same affect on swmbo's Scion. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
9/22/19 12:26 a.m.

I use the 3M wipe-on clearcoat kits that are $7 on amazon. I actually do two sets of headlights with each package. The 3000grit pad that comes with it won't fully restore a lot of lights but if they aren't that bad it's probably the simplest, best $7 approach there is. 

This one.

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
9/22/19 8:44 a.m.

Looks great. This is a car I will own one day. Sedan all wheel drive turbo and manual. Beautiful. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/30/19 12:09 a.m.

Replaced the lower reflectors with led tail/brake lights. No brake picture yet but even just as tails the whole set up is... A bit intense 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/11/19 5:51 p.m.

Finally installed my GTA car kit (adds Bluetooth to the factory radio and allows you to use steering wheel controls to change songs). Everything worked perfect and my official review is 100% worth the money and am absolutely brilliant product. Also added male arkOn mounts to my accessport mount. No more cheesy Velcro

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/11/19 6:54 p.m.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/5/19 5:52 p.m.

So these will get to taunt me until I can get the Bilsteins ordered. Probably next month unless the 70 hour weeks continue. It's also going into the local exhaust shop for some new mooflers on Thursday. Nothing crazy just wanted a touch more sound.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
11/5/19 7:16 p.m.
MazdaFace said:

Hoping to have this sold by the end of October and getting myself into a focus st 

Did ST happen? 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/5/19 7:37 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Nope. Once I got mazdaface running again... I remembered why I bought it in the first place. The obvious lesson here being: always go with the bigger turbo. 

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
11/5/19 10:12 p.m.
MazdaFace said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Nope. Once I got mazdaface running again... I remembered why I bought it in the first place. The obvious lesson here being: always go with the bigger turbo. 

Mazdaspeeds hit later.. But BOY do they hit harder. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/10/19 12:06 a.m.

Quick update: louder (but not too loud) mooflers are on. Super happy with the results. Bilsteins are getting ordered either later this month or early next month and those along with the eibachs will be going on. Front lip will also be going on soon. 

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gGVGthvZn1ZzgIU55J7UnKo8oTjiuq9whBW5ILEaBvwEYgBoNAxBbqrxqVXDmKJG