Caleb
Caleb Reader
10/30/17 9:16 p.m.

Well it has been getting increasingly difficult to daily my imported 88 soarer so I decided to be practical and get a wagon. I will start this off with the full disclose that i have never really been a subi fan but when your looking for a awd, manual trans, wagon your choices become very limited; so hopefully owning one will change my mine so here goes.....

2002 wrx wagon 122k

-rebuilt motor with paper work (5k on it)

-Injen CAI

-Injen Up-Pipe (decated)

-Injen Down Pipe (decated)

-Braied brake lines

-Stoptech rotors/pads

-HKS SSqv Bov

-STI intercooler and hood scoop

-fujitsubo exhaust

-"Stage 2" tune

-New ACT light weight flywheel/clutch

-Roof Rack thingy

- Blitz turbo timer

-"STI"package....badges,stickers,plaques 

-New tires

-AGX struts

-Perfect interior

The BAD

-Clutch is a unsprung 6 puck

-Roof spoiler ripped off

-window tint is falling off

-Unknown tuning

-Missing intercooler ducting for scoop

-Paint needs help

-muffler is pretty banged up

So for now the plan is to drop the car off tomorrow at my local subie performance shop for a new oem clutch, and start searching ebay/craigslist for a OEM spoiler, Airbox, and bpv then get the local muffler shop to weld a cat into the downpipe. I also plan on ordering a tactrix cable to do some tweaking/data logging  on the map and I think it will be done. Maybe sway bars....maybe lol

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/30/17 9:40 p.m.

Get a big rear bar! Get a big rear bar! Get a big rear sway bar. In case I wasn't clear-get a big honkin rear sway bar! Then give it about a degree of negative camber all around and whatever you like for toe. That with stock ride height and springs makes a beautiful around town bomber that car dive into bumpy corners, calmly soak up big bumps while ferociously digging in to the corner, and then rocket away. They can be massively entertaining daily drivers if you keep them off of the bump stops and dial out the understeer.

bbaker480
bbaker480 New Reader
10/31/17 6:59 a.m.

I second the feeling that the rear sway bar needs to be bigger.  I run STi pink wagon springs and a Perrin rear sway on the stiffest setting on my 05 and it's a blast to drive.  

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
11/1/17 9:49 p.m.

Make sure you replace the BPV gasket when you put an OEM BPV back on. Really easy to tear that gasket and develop a horrendous boost leak.

Looks like a great start. Put some rear bar on it, then do a Whiteline anti-lift kit.

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels New Reader
11/10/18 4:59 p.m.

I have an 09 wrx and it is a resolute understeerer....it needs more rear bar than might think is reasonable...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s3lc08DCfMXxcU0dvD8ZSOVA4yyqxtpXO0gLAm8v5ifsYAhQn1KKcwiRqfkjqYCI