Superfastmatt
Superfastmatt New Reader
10/22/19 1:49 p.m.

This has been a perpetual project of mine for a while now, but I recently threw together a build video that I think you all will enjoy.

It's more on the technical side, which I think will fit in well here. If you're looking for more of the "drive around and revs" kind of video, check out the Jay Leno's Garage of the same car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsbfzmPCYX4

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
10/22/19 1:59 p.m.

Looks pretty cool, I'll watch it later!

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
10/22/19 2:31 p.m.

I watched the Jay Leno vid when it came out. Love the car and the engine choice.

Sounds amazing.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/22/19 2:36 p.m.

Amazing! How was it to get to meet and hang out with Jay Leno, much less have him drive a car you built? Must have been a treat. If a bit nerve wracking.

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
10/22/19 2:42 p.m.

In reply to Superfastmatt :

I have seen the videos with Leno in the past and really liked what you put together! 

welcome to the forum! 

Superfastmatt
Superfastmatt New Reader
10/22/19 2:43 p.m.
dculberson said:

Amazing! How was it to get to meet and hang out with Jay Leno, much less have him drive a car you built? Must have been a treat. If a bit nerve wracking.

Jay is awesome; he's just who he is all the time, making jokes and talking about cars. He has the best collection of vehicles, too. All things that have some story in the history of automobiles. It was such a great time.

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
11/8/19 8:56 a.m.

Freaking awesome. Welcome to the forum, love the car.

If you don't mind can I ask what you use to adapt the bike output to the BMW two piece driveshaft? Do you use a guibo? Is there a commercially available adapter you're using or did you fab something? 

Also, what's your oil control strategy?

I'll probably be crossing a similar bridge soon.

grover
grover HalfDork
11/8/19 9:33 a.m.

Very cool build and great style on camera! Really enjoyed it.  

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/8/19 3:00 p.m.

This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while!

I'm watching part two, now.

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
11/8/19 4:59 p.m.

Yeah I watched both YouTube videos.

I think I read an instructable or something last week that used a lot of the same visuals. Probably both done by superfastmatt

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GoAIiVSBwcSgo2VYuRVq4gPnIMFWoO2A6u4xgrwGJIrIjQ3ybJXdvU4EiTSeDgHB