1 2 3 4
JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/16/11 6:30 p.m.

Mmm Mmm Good.

When did they switch to the console shifter on these? '95?

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/16/11 6:35 p.m.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
2/16/11 6:59 p.m.

What I said when I saw the title: "On this freaking board, that is a BOLD statement."

Well played. Nice car.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/16/11 7:32 p.m.

$811 below challenge money. interior is nice, carpet needs shampooed. in the pile of extras is all the parts to fix the front end, second set of seats, second dash, second set of wheels, flowmaster exhaust, extra console, and a bunch of small stuff.

curtis73
curtis73 Dork
2/16/11 8:15 p.m.

berkeleying score!!!

Wish I could find one that cheap. I'm looking for a parts car to help out mine.

If you need any help, PM me... I'll help until I get jealous that yours is nicer than mine

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
2/16/11 8:32 p.m.

i'm old school b body guy, this is my 10th. have the 5.3 lsx with headers, 4l60e, NX mainline nitrous kit, headers, swap mounts, new shocks, new dynomax exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff that was waiting for the day i finally picked up an impala

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
2/16/11 9:46 p.m.

I'm so freaking jealous. This is one of those cars, it's cool no matter what you like.

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 10:01 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
Rufledt wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Nitroracer wrote: Do like. LS Power, Like more. Manual transmission, Like even more. As an aside, these things give the same image and are holding their value the same way those Impalas did/do.
Too bad they're slower than a stock Impala SS.
I wonder if that new 5.0 will fit in there...
Yes, yes it will. AND it's almost a full 200 lbs lighter than the 4.6 SOHC and 300 lighter than the DOHC.

Conquest351
Conquest351 New Reader
2/17/11 7:59 a.m.
Will wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: Yes, yes it will. AND it's almost a full 200 lbs lighter than the 4.6 SOHC and 300 lighter than the DOHC.
On what planet? Hot Rod claims the new 5.0 weighs 430 pounds. M&F lists the 4.6 DOHC at 425.

The shipping weight of the new 5.0 is 444 lbs with pallet. I doubt the pallet weighs 10 lbs. From what I remember from the Motorsport catalog, the shipping weight of the 4.6 Iron block 2v was in the neighborhood of 600 lbs and the DOHC was 700 lbs. I could be mistaken, it's happened before. LOL But I do remember commenting that the 4.6 DOHC weighed as much as a 460 from the same catalog. Again, I could be wrong. I do know that the new 5.0 is built like a brick E36 M3 house! Lots of reinforcement all over the engine. If anyone does want to do the swap, make sure you get the latest fix kit that puts a spring tensioner for the AC belt. Early motors don't have it and we've seen the crank bearings show premature wear and getting some slight ticking. Easy fix for a stupid mistake in final assembly.

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
3/13/11 7:35 p.m.

sorry for the crap pic I cant get camera and computer to agree so I used my phone. one step closer to being the coolest 4 door saloon car.................

wait for it Jeremy............. . . . . . . . .

[clarkson] in the world.[/clarkson]

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/13/11 8:53 p.m.

OMG yes WANT!!!!

RioRacer
RioRacer Dork
3/13/11 11:02 p.m.

Zoisk!! that is hawt!!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
3/16/11 12:37 p.m.

I'd argue it's already pretty darn cool!

MA$$hole
MA$$hole New Reader
3/16/11 2:09 p.m.

A kid I used to work with got one from his uncle for free because something miniscule & cheap was broken but the guy had no clue.

I was a bit jealous as the only vehicle I was ever offered was a 93/94 Grand Cherokee 4.0 which I quickly turned down.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
3/16/11 4:40 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: The shipping weight of the new 5.0 is 444 lbs with pallet. I doubt the pallet weighs 10 lbs. From what I remember from the Motorsport catalog, the shipping weight of the 4.6 Iron block 2v was in the neighborhood of 600 lbs and the DOHC was 700 lbs. I could be mistaken, it's happened before. LOL But I do remember commenting that the 4.6 DOHC weighed as much as a 460 from the same catalog. Again, I could be wrong. I do know that the new 5.0 is built like a brick E36 M3 house! Lots of reinforcement all over the engine. If anyone does want to do the swap, make sure you get the latest fix kit that puts a spring tensioner for the AC belt. Early motors don't have it and we've seen the crank bearings show premature wear and getting some slight ticking. Easy fix for a stupid mistake in final assembly.

The Cobra 4.6 non-'03+ was a aluminum block also. So you wont gain a huge loss in the weight dept unless you compare it to the the iron black as you did.

But remember.......when dealing with the newer OHC engines that to put a blower on them is normally about the same as the 5.0 from Ford :) to gain about the same power.....

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
3/16/11 7:38 p.m.

please keep all lame modular Ford talk out of such an awesome thread.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
3/17/11 9:30 a.m.
patgizz wrote: please keep all lame modular Ford talk out of such an awesome thread.

i concur.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
3/17/11 10:38 p.m.

I saw a nice SS in a bowling alley parking lot last night as I was leaving with my car club, I made the comment that the impala SS would be a great car to have. The E36 M3 driver said it was a boat and useless, I disagree.

My camaro is no light weight but I'll still drive the doors off a proper full size car ... if gas stays under $3.00/gal.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
8/28/11 11:59 a.m.

big update - tried to start it last weekend and the starter is DOA. however, being able to hook up the battery and test things that do not require cranking is a huge leap. i have about 5 more wires to hook up(brake switch, speedo output to dash among others). coolant and trans cooling plumbing is all made to fit, but will not install until i verify a test fire, same with the exhaust. i do not need things in the way if something needs correction or troubleshooting.

fuel lines solved with $10 dorman double ended quick connect line. all factory fuel lines up to engine bay, hooked to c6 filter/regulator assembly, to dorman line, to Z06 braided line and fuel rail. the impala lines plugged right onto the vette filter. no cutting of nylon lines under the car to add to the expense or flammability.

dean1484
dean1484 SuperDork
8/28/11 12:05 p.m.

Will you need to upgrade the radiator?

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
8/28/11 12:34 p.m.

now if only there was some convenient way to submit you a challenge

tcoleman900
tcoleman900 New Reader
8/28/11 12:46 p.m.

time for smokey burnouts?

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
8/28/11 1:17 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Will you need to upgrade the radiator?

i don't see why there would be.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
8/28/11 1:29 p.m.

To tint the back window remove the whole rear deck , pop speaker covers and the pull carpet , upgrade speakers while in there

Taiden
Taiden Dork
8/28/11 1:37 p.m.

I need some schooling on this vehicle. I does not understand, and would love to!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rswoXDA79vleUHpUw5UoVq6He6bmV5PXBljMVIEAqjCK25H8Z5v8jFq00bGkewjd