1 2
CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/6/20 12:58 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Never was there a truer statement.

One of the functional objectives was to have a parking spot for the jack near the door. This little shelf is a good way to store the jack stands which frequently get used at the same time.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/6/20 1:28 p.m.

As someone who hates my tiny garage, you are far more motivated then me. I tend to do most of my work at my former employers shop because it's easier then setting up the tiny space

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/6/20 4:00 p.m.

Tell me more about the fire resistant coating on the foam. I want to do my basement in extruded foam, but I'd prefer not to drywall over it because moisture.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
7/6/20 5:15 p.m.

I love the jig saw puzzle floor , but does it breath at all ?

just wondering what you need to do if there is moisture coming up from the concrete  or you spill something ?

As they say  "S"  happens......

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/6/20 9:00 p.m.
dropstep said:

As someone who hates my tiny garage, you are far more motivated then me. I tend to do most of my work at my former employers shop because it's easier then setting up the tiny space

I wish I had privileges at a pro shop near me. It still sucks that I can't actually work on my car inside. On hot days, wet days, and freezing days, it is no fun to work in the driveway.

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/6/20 9:12 p.m.
akamcfly said:

Tell me more about the fire resistant coating on the foam. I want to do my basement in extruded foam, but I'd prefer not to drywall over it because moisture.

The spray foam in the garage is closed cell and I believe it acts as a vapor barrier. The fire resistant coating is just a fire retardant/resistant paint they sprayed over it. I don't know the exact brand they used, but I think it's similar to this product:

https://shop.rdrtechnologies.com/DC315-Thermal-Barrier-Fire-Retardant-Paint-for-SPF-p/dc315.htm

They used a paint gun to do it, and had the hardest time getting it to spray. Either their machine was weak or the stuff was really thick. They may have thinned it with something nasty because the place stunk so badly I had to keep the window open and a fan to exhaust it for two weeks before it was bearable.

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/6/20 9:16 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

It doesn't breathe. In some of the pics you can see I had some tiles that I salvaged from a former workplace, and they were on the floor for the past twenty years or so. No mold or moisture under them, so I'm hoping it'll be the same way with these. And the tiles shouldn't sweat as much as the concrete did every time I opened the door on a humid day.

If I spill something, I could pick them up. They're not glued together or down to the floor or anything.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/6/20 10:21 p.m.

Find yourself a commercial electrician and have him run some conduit out of the panel. They should be able to run a couple circuits and mount a few boxes where you need them. Wouldn't be more than half a day's work for that.

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/9/20 8:38 a.m.

So... with this 10% tan color on the rubber tiles, it is virtually impossible to notice that your floor is covered with sawdust... until you sweep it up.

So in Ghostbusters terms, that's not really "bad", is it?

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
7/9/20 6:59 p.m.

Excellent work! Do you think you'll need a piece of plywood underneath it using jackstands on the floor?

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
7/10/20 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

No room in this space for a car. The stands will get used out in the driveway.

I wouldn't recommend the tiles for an entire garage if it would ever have cars parked in it.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
7/10/20 4:39 p.m.

I applaud this better to have a really nice functional work shop than to try to make a multifunctional small space all things to all people yet not great at any single function. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RpnUhccvCwJ9DWloxOnSBqdYybbGf8SxPmFdLHtIFKzNNirVeURkEVpgatDevbKq