1 2 3 4 5
759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/6/18 5:29 p.m.

Ah......so this is also therapeutical and could be applied to say perhaps your 'A' model too?

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/13/18 3:23 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Ah......so this is also therapeutical and could be applied to say perhaps your 'A' model too?

A fellow wound up buying my Model A project from me before I ever really got it off the ground. He really wanted Model A stuff so I made him a deal I could live with.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/13/18 3:26 p.m.

I did a little project on the car today. This one was a while coming for me. I don't do credit so I have to save and buy as I go along.  A new instrument cluster face from a company in Japan called KG Works. 

I had to dig pretty hard in my budget for this. It's a foolish expenditure in some people's opinion, but man does it make the dash pop. I'm trying to remove the cheap look from the interior of this car and give it some class.

(Edited to add)....

Also put a little nicer park brake handle on the car. It came from a company in Germany called I.L. Motorsport, which I consequently ordered from a place in England. Worldwide economy is still kind of novel to me.

(That's not a good picture. I have since adjusted the park brake boot to look nicer against the handle)

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/30/18 2:41 p.m.

More of the same.

Save money.

Order parts from Japan.

Wait for delivery.

Install. 

(then repeat again and again)

It came with a tube of horrible tasting toothpaste.

It's a happy car.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
1/30/18 3:19 p.m.

You make OCD look good. 

Love the attention to detail, car is shaping up really nice. If I had the time, money, space, and patience I would love to do things the same way. I'm not even old yet (30) and I totally get wanting the 'practical' stance that doesn't beat you to death. I've had plenty of way too low stuff and it ends up unenjoyable to drive, I'm at a point where I want my toy cars to be enjoyable to drive. I want to want to stay in them and drive longer, not get beat to death and want to end the drive sooner.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout Reader
1/30/18 3:34 p.m.

Have you had a chance to change out the headlights to E-Code ones yet?  Made a fantastic difference for the 97 I had.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/30/18 3:54 p.m.
Gunchsta said:

You make OCD look good. 

Love the attention to detail, car is shaping up really nice. If I had the time, money, space, and patience I would love to do things the same way. I'm not even old yet (30) and I totally get wanting the 'practical' stance that doesn't beat you to death. I've had plenty of way too low stuff and it ends up unenjoyable to drive, I'm at a point where I want my toy cars to be enjoyable to drive. I want to want to stay in them and drive longer, not get beat to death and want to end the drive sooner.

Thank you. Like you, I have had a lot of stuff slammed down very low. I'm kind of past that now.

I find myself becoming the (stereotypical) old guy that lives in the neighborhood, who always fusses over his stuff and keeps his things clean and pampered. I'm old and beat up and have both legs held together by screws and hardware, so I don't exactly set the world on fire anymore. Now I just take my time and fuss over the easy little details. When it gets to where it hurts or isn't fun, I just shut the lights off and go inside until another day.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/30/18 4:00 p.m.
LifeIsStout said:

Have you had a chance to change out the headlights to E-Code ones yet?  Made a fantastic difference for the 97 I had.

I haven't. After I get a few more details tended to on this car, I'll do the research on that upgrade.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout Reader
1/30/18 4:15 p.m.

I had my Miata down in Phoenix, and on long drives at night in the desert it made me feel much safer. 
https://www.amazon.com/Cibie-082440-82440-Light-Unit/dp/B008DQV88Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517350357&sr=8-1&keywords=Cibie+082440

If you watch the pricing on these (I use the Honey Plug in on Chrome) they get down to about 38 per side.  I liked them better than the Hella ones.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/30/18 4:26 p.m.

Love it. Can't wait to see this thing sometime

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
1/30/18 4:34 p.m.

That cluster face is awesome. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/31/18 10:17 a.m.

LifeIsStout I dropped them into my Amazon cart. I'll watch them for a while to see what the price fluctuates to.

MazdaFace I'm sure you'll see it. It's a small town. I usually drive it mornings when I get home from the station and go on my errands. Otherwise it's the generic Tacoma for work commuting duties.

APEowner Thank you. It's one of those Holy Grail parts for me. I really cut corners for a while to save the money.

I took the car out today on my usual Hot Wheel car trolling rounds. This is the first time I have done any real miles with the hardtop in place. I don't like it. I'm going to have my wife help me remove it tonight when she gets home from work. I won't sell it, but I doubt if I'll ever put it back on either. I'm apparently a soft top kind of guy.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
1/31/18 10:27 a.m.

You need to stop this right now!!! The more I see this the softer my resistance is to the  'Answer'.  wink 

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
1/31/18 10:31 a.m.

Man that hard top looks good. Is it somehow more obtrusive or harder to see out of than the soft top? 

Also I think the chrome mirrors that are on your list will set it off nicely with the chrome gas cap, door handles, etcetera. If we're dreaming I would like to see another set of wheels on it to go with the vintage/oldschool (I hate the term oldschool, maybe classic is a better word) JDM theme I see coming forward. I have zero objections to the current rolling stock mind you, just you know... in dream land something old and JDM might really set it off, though I can't call out specifically what. I like panasports but those are more british in my mind, Enkei 92's come to mind maybe? I don't know, it's pretty hard to beat what you have going already. Keep it up.

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim MegaDork
1/31/18 10:37 a.m.

Zoom filler cap? Me likey. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/31/18 10:45 a.m.
759NRNG said:

You need to stop this right now!!! The more I see this the softer my resistance is to the  'Answer'.  wink 

They are great cars. Fun and Japanese reliability (knocks on wood...).

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/31/18 10:47 a.m.
Gunchsta said:

Man that hard top looks good. Is it somehow more obtrusive or harder to see out of than the soft top? 

Also I think the chrome mirrors that are on your list will set it off nicely with the chrome gas cap, door handles, etcetera. If we're dreaming I would like to see another set of wheels on it to go with the vintage/oldschool (I hate the term oldschool, maybe classic is a better word) JDM theme I see coming forward. I have zero objections to the current rolling stock mind you, just you know... in dream land something old and JDM might really set it off, though I can't call out specifically what. I like panasports but those are more british in my mind, Enkei 92's come to mind maybe? I don't know, it's pretty hard to beat what you have going already. Keep it up.

You and I think alike.

I am ahead of you. 

I already have four tracking numbers due to arrive tomorrow.

Lugnuts and valve stems ordered this morning.

It will be a while before I get them installed since I'll need a fender roller. But the end result should be the definition of JDM wheels.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
1/31/18 10:49 a.m.
BoxheadCougarTim said:

Zoom filler cap? Me likey. 

It is a Zoom. Typical Japanese parts. They hurt your wallet to buy, but when they arrive you're ecstatic with the quality of the part.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
1/31/18 11:02 a.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:
Gunchsta said:

You and I think alike.

I am ahead of you. 

I already have four tracking numbers due to arrive tomorrow.

Lugnuts and valve stems ordered this morning.

It will be a while before I get them installed since I'll need a fender roller. But the end result should be the definition of JDM wheels.

Eeeeee!!! 

Don't tell me I don't even want to know until the pictures are up. But I'm excited to hear that a fender roller is necessary, that tells me there should be some low offsets and all kinds of deliciousness. 

I also appreciate the fact that you have a bitchin C10 and cool "modern classic" stuff like the Miata. Been around too many old timers that are afraid of the new stuff in my life, nice to see somebody that can appreciate both a small block chevy AND a 4 cylinder.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/31/18 11:11 a.m.

Hard tops actually offer more visibility than the soft top. It's a bigger window.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
2/9/18 1:07 p.m.

Still waiting on my center caps.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/9/18 3:26 p.m.

Love it more on here than I did on Facebook

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/9/18 6:23 p.m.

Holy Crap!! whodathought a simple rim change could result in such a dramatic transformation.....outa da park bro!!! (as usual for you) wink Wow....just wow...

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
2/9/18 6:58 p.m.

y'all are very kind with your compliments.

Run_Away
Run_Away HalfDork
2/9/18 8:13 p.m.

Looks fantastic!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QYoALNhI6apGPYtFP1i0aY7pqQv385HRGn0jjAfmWIEwp1GhMpIQTqhn29LZa3KO