AllDaBeansRacing New Reader
10/6/21 7:56 p.m.
914Driver said:

Love the color!  Have fun.

I LOVE THAT TRUCK!

AllDaBeansRacing
AllDaBeansRacing New Reader
10/6/21 8:03 p.m.

I really would love to get an obs ford or gm to tote around our 7x12 cargo trailer conversion. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
2/21/22 8:38 p.m.

Last weekend I installed a reman power steering box from Bluetop in an effort to help eliminate the impressive amount of play in the steering. Discussion thread of why I chose that brand here. Long story short, it eliminated every bit of perceptible play! This is still a 26-year truck on tall, skinny tires, so it's no sports car. But it's no longer sketchy to drive on narrow streets. 

I didn't really take any pictures of the install process, as I was racing the sun and weather. Everything came apart pretty easily, except the pitman arm. I thought I was going to explode something (the puller, the wrench, my body, etc.) with how much torque I had to apply to the puller. I used the handle from my hi lift (~3' long) as a cheater bar and was pulling pretty hard to get it to pop off. The bang scared me silly when it finally let go. 

Here's the new box nestled away it's in new home:

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
6/13/22 5:28 p.m.

Two updates today:

1.) I figured out a spare tire mount finally. The stock location won't accommodate a 33" tire and is poorly designed. So I made a channel in the bed with some 2x3 angle iron to located the spare and am using a ratchet strap to hold it down. Like a less serious version of what trophy trucks do. 

2.) The truck is for sale. I just don't like driving it around. I tried to like it, but I think owning an full-size just isn't for me. It looks great sitting there and I think it's cool, but I'm not enjoying my time behind the wheel. I'll put an ad up here once I wash it and get some photos. Feel free to hit me up in the meantime if you're interested. I'm looking to get like $5500 out of it. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KtmZ1pWU3EDfdC8OLQ3aFK0trGP8Trhrw0xvyYG5S1cgaHcBxWGeIgNU0uScFLmb