1 2 3 4
captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/19/19 6:25 p.m.

I saw the car in person about 7-8 years ago at an AI event. It's a nice setup, I had to resist going down to take a look a few months ago when I saw the posting. Insuring 4 cars would've killed me and I'm confident that it would've followed me home. Which would've been dangerous as after a run at the challenge I would've been tempted to source a DET manifold and GT28RS. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/19/19 7:06 p.m.

I am thinking a roll bar (not cage like the last car) a nice paint job and as set of decent coilovers.

I would do a SR20VE (it would be my 4th) but its probably pretty peppy already with the s4's and tune.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/20/19 7:01 a.m.

Btw, I don't know if you've ever rallycrossed or considered doing it, but B13 SE-Rs are some of the quickest cars ever around rallycross course, they embarrass turbo Subarus. A bump in ride height on the coilovers and it'd be competitive at the national level in Modified FWD class. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/21/19 6:01 p.m.

Car was just dropped off.  I have some work to do.  On the short list is acquiring a battery and removing old gas.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/22/19 3:43 p.m.

So the car would not start yesterday when we pulled it off the transporter.

Today I looked under the dash and the rubber stopper that engages the neutral safety switch was missing.  I taped a penny over the opening and the car fired right up!

It misfires some but who knows how old the gas is.  Clutch and the power steering work.  A/C is not cold.

I will drain the gas, change the oil, put in new plugs and install a new fuel filter.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/22/19 4:16 p.m.

The question is, recharge the A/C with dye, or remove the compressor and bits and get a delete bracket and pulley. 

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
3/22/19 4:31 p.m.

A black car in FL with no A/C sounds like a bad idea to me.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/22/19 4:35 p.m.

Ac is a must in Florida.  If I can get it working its staying.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/22/19 4:37 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

T top though. I want a Don Johnson and Crocket theme of clothing at the concourse. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/22/19 7:05 p.m.

I don't have enough hair for that!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/19/19 8:00 p.m.

Got the car to my house today.  I am going to start playing with it tomorrow.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/21/19 6:19 a.m.

I installed one of the $10 Walmart bluetooth radios.

Then I vacuumed out the interior...

I still need to clean the outside.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/21/19 8:40 a.m.

My brother had one of those in highschool, I think he wants another one. Fun little car. I don't remember much bad about it, other than the engine being possibly a little cramped to work on.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
4/21/19 6:33 p.m.

I had one as my first car and it was a blast back then.  I barely saw any on the roads when owned mine, now they're damn near extinct.  I look forward to seeing how this one comes back to life.

matt147
matt147 New Reader
4/21/19 8:15 p.m.

The front airdam is still intact, that's a nice score!

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/25/19 9:57 p.m.

I made a little progress tonight.

Changed the oil.  Changed the transmission fluid to redline mt90.  Removed an atrocious short shifter and installed a stock one.

And the piece de resistance... I installed my signature white shift ball. laugh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/26/19 9:49 a.m.

i LOL'd that you gave us two views of the shift ball.   you must really like that thing.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/26/19 11:29 a.m.

In hindsight it is a bit much laugh

I was excited about the new shifter. The difference in shift quality between the awful short shifter and stock shifter is staggering.

Changing oil and tranny fluid isn't as photogenic.  

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/27/19 12:46 p.m.
matt147 said:

The front airdam is still intact, that's a nice score!

Today was not the nx2000's finest moment.  I woke up this morning excited to drop it off for some new tires and an alignment.  I even took the t-tops off for the drive.

Two miles from my house the ignitor started acting up.  It eventually stopped functioning and I pulled into a convenient church parking lot.  I figured out I wasn't getting spark and decided to tow it with my tow dolly.

Fast forward to when I removed it from the dolly.

Looks like I get to practice my epoxy skills

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
4/30/19 4:15 p.m.

New tires!  Can't mount them up till the new ignitor chip shows up this week.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/6/19 4:36 p.m.

So the ignitor was not the problem.  As I was installing it I discovered that the wire at the base of the coil was broken.  I proceeded to bugger up the pin while trying to fix it. 

I went to the junkyard and bought a new connector for $1.06.  On the way home today I installed it and the NX instantly puttered to life.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
5/6/19 5:40 p.m.

Was nice to see you for the few minutes on your way to the junkyard. Would have much rather seen the egg run with the PCA and show some Porsches up. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/23/19 11:15 p.m.

So I have driven the nx a couple of times and it will randomly shut off when quickly turning.  It seems like the issue is electrical in nature.

I started going over the harness and found that the wires from the ignitor chip are missing half of the harness plug.  The previous owner jammed the wires into the plug and put shrink wrap on it.  Needless to say it is loose.

When I get back in town Sunday I am going to fix the wires and hopefully cure my random shut off issue.

In other news my tow dolly apparently does not like black Nissan vehicles.  While trying to push a pathfinder onto the dolly with a golf cart we went off the front smashing the door and getting the dolly caught under the truck.  What should have taken 30 minutes turned into a 2 hour ordeal.

Ughhh 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
5/24/19 6:43 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

That sucks. I was hoping you were bringing the egg to the FIRM yesterday. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/24/19 7:31 a.m.

4wd auto trans Nissan.  Even if just 2wd, still auto trans.  

Is a dolly really the best way to move this?  

I suppose if there is an option to put the transfer case into it's own neutral.

Sorry to hear of the damage

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w7bzcdOJRWXgGncPu9V6ibAoa2ja4Kzgec1wnP9Qdt3gQ3Ai87rPDeU6dTNM1vqY