I though, here it is.... Then no....

https://youtu.be/faHkKs90WIg?t=481

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
10/13/18 12:18 a.m.
AAZCD said:

I though, here it is.... Then no....

https://youtu.be/faHkKs90WIg?t=481

Yeah, pretty disappointed by how J.G. selects what to focus on during the feed. He's definitely out of touch with what everyone on the forum is interested in.

It's the year of the Wagon. Come on!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
10/13/18 6:17 a.m.

{shrug}

forum members aren't the only ones watching the feed... and GRM and the livefeed need to keep in mind that part of the point of the broadcast are the focus on the "hot performers" since the original M.O. of the competition was to, uh, challenge the assertion that you needed a lot of money to go racing.  So, they need to keep that in mind.

Plus, J.G.'s job isn't an easy one.  And he's probably got a set of questions that he's got in mind when he approaches a car... and it probably helps if he knows who he's going to talk to and how used to talking into a microphone they are.  I've been interviewed a whole bunch of times for OneLap, and none of that footage has ended up in a video.  I'm that bad on-camera.  sadcheekywink

plus, only a couple of years ago the livefeed was just a locked-off camera with whatever audio you could pick up from people being around the camera.  So, there's still plenty of room to grow and try out different things.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
10/13/18 7:11 a.m.

The feed was fun to watch and I don't mean to imply that J.G. was doing a poor job. He actually mentioned the car and team at 6:40 in the video. Point is that I was really psyched to see them run that beast through the course. I thought it was about to happen, then all attention turned away while it ran the course.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/13/18 7:44 a.m.

I forgot to go up to the microphone and play holiday road every time it went. I was hiding in the shade with seth and Pete, and a super cool guy I dont know his name but he had a camry wagon and a wife and couple of kids with him. Definitely bonded over the camry wagon. 

WhiteAndGold
WhiteAndGold New Reader
10/13/18 11:28 a.m.

Hoping for some photos to get posted up over then next couple days but yes the wagon was hilarious on the course and yes we are Happy Cactus Racing, it says Toyota Supra because I thought I was gonna bring one when I first registered. 

Seriously though, the amount of sidewall flex was insane, I thought we lost a tire a few times out there. Gonna try and gather some pictures from people and get them up here for posterity and hilarity. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress New Reader
10/14/18 2:14 p.m.

For pure entertainment, nothing beat watching you guys throw that thing around the course...can't believe you drove it all the way too.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
10/14/18 3:34 p.m.

In reply to WhiteAndGold :

It was really hard for me to not ask about buying your car, but I’d have been sleeping in it for a really long time if I’d brought it home!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r5Bco95Cv6p8BxkniFBkg6TtekEioBzZmjxEMMMDdsCLYP0EvWBYM0c9EHeJioq2