DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
8/26/21 12:48 p.m.

In reply to Sofa King :

My son was talking to you at Norwalk and sent me a photo of the car asking "Guess what engine is in this?".  The build thread made answering him a no brainer.

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/26/21 2:22 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I saw a couple of GRMers there, but no one that seemed familiar with my build. I'm glad I had the chance to talk to your son. Hope I didn't talk his ear off too much!

Project822
Project822 New Reader
8/26/21 2:41 p.m.

Very interesting build!  Was it necessary to remove lightness to accomplish the goal?

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/26/21 4:17 p.m.

In reply to Project822 :

Some, but it's still lighter than most! 

billy69
billy69
9/1/21 2:23 p.m.

hi can you tell more about the remote water pump, i have a small car with a overheat problem, looking for anwsers! wink

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/2/21 9:34 p.m.

In reply to billy69 :

It's a Meziere electric pump that mounts right behind the radiator and is fed from the lower radiator hose. As long as there is coolant in the radiator, it gets pumped through the engine. My engine runs pretty cool, 195 ish, even in 90 degree plus outside temps. Pump connects via 2 12an hoses, to block off plates attached where the stock water pump was attached. Hope that helps!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/2/21 9:43 p.m.

this is a photo of the an lines connecting to the front of the engine.

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/2/21 9:50 p.m.

here is a shot of the pump and connections.

billy69
billy69 New Reader
9/3/21 2:38 p.m.

thank you very much!!yes

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
7/25/22 11:44 a.m.

It made it into the Summit Racing catalog!!

bs71challenger
bs71challenger None
7/28/22 4:59 p.m.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I really dig this build. I have a Lotus horn button that is the same design as your wheel centers, it was on a Momo wheel I picked up a few years ago. It's your's if you want it. 

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/8/22 5:52 p.m.

Latest detail added today thanks to bs71challenger!!

Thanks Brian!!!

bs71challenger
bs71challenger New Reader
8/8/22 7:09 p.m.

You're welcome!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/17/22 6:09 p.m.

I corrected a mistake that I had made on my PCV system today.  On my drive home, I smelled fuel, then noticed that my gas gauge was going down fast! (It's only a mile home from my shop.) Opened the rear hatch and gas was dripping off it!! Turns out I had accidentally knocked one of the fuel line fittings partially off and it was spraying gas all over the top of the engine! Luckily it didn't ignite and it's all reattached and cleaned up now, but could have been really bad!! Dodged a bullet!!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/22/22 6:40 p.m.

Back up on Jack-stands, somehow it just feels right this way! Nothing wrong just adding a/c!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/22/22 6:42 p.m.

Step one, the condenser is mounted!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/23/22 5:19 p.m.

Absolutely Amamzing!!!!........very well done, just now finished reading . I know it's me, but for some reason I think a set of bumpers (he cringes) in my minds' eye would set this off remarkably.......I'm off to sit in the corner for time out winkcheeky

Will be following more closely more often .....

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/23/22 9:41 p.m.

I have the bumpers, but since they just bolt to the fiberglass, they don't provide any real protection or safety.  So I decided to go for as clean a look as possible. I did go back and forth on the decision!

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/24/22 7:33 a.m.

Wow, this is amazing...  Somehow I missed this thread until it just popped up.  Also Im local-ish to you, a few miles south of Pat.

Many hundreds of years ago somebody had a white Emod Europa when we used to autocross and Goodyear & Firestone.  Im very fuzzy on the details, but I think he had a small block Chevy & maybe 914 transaxle (?)

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
8/25/22 9:35 a.m.

I haven't heard of that car before.  I've tried to find info on other v8 Europas and can't find much. I've only seen mention of 5 or 6 including GKN47D. I'm not sure if any of the others are still on the road!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/3/22 9:31 p.m.

Steps,2,3, & 4! A/C almost done!!

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/7/22 9:12 p.m.

Heading to the Lotus Owners Gathering this weekend. This was the best way I could think of to carry any luggage! Or maybe it's my hillbilly rear defuser.

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
9/8/22 3:11 p.m.

That should get some comments! Maybe I can make it to LOG next year...

Sofa King
Sofa King HalfDork
9/16/22 8:27 a.m.

Fast company at LOG41!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/16/22 9:17 a.m.

most people in the world:  OMG i need a new car, my CEL just came on.

Sofa King: nothing wrong, just adding air conditioning to my LS-swapped Lotus 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jVbZDShr9VmuhXgfH8E4QOBoQA4UzOGRcTybhoKKCo9X0VpJ50N66iWI5R7oudxg