1 2 3 4
A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
9/6/22 9:18 p.m.
Teh E36 M3 said:

Damn you guys. I need a bigger shop. 
 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/newcastle-1969-cadillac-convertible/7520718042.html

 

For me at least it HAS to have those stacked headlights like mr2s2000elise's.  They lost those in '69.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/13/22 12:05 a.m.
 
759NRNG said:

Talkin' out loud(and sayin nuthin) ....iffen parts are such a beatch to get for these 429's .....err what about a 500?

Physically the same size externally?

i would like to preseve the value and not swap mine

 

some progress today

 

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/13/22 12:05 a.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Teh E36 M3 said:

Damn you guys. I need a bigger shop. 
 

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/newcastle-1969-cadillac-convertible/7520718042.html

 

For me at least it HAS to have those stacked headlights like mr2s2000elise's.  They lost those in '69.  

agree 100% on stacked headlights. thanks 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 1:27 p.m.

Waiting on harmonic balancer this week - then engine can finally go in. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 1:28 p.m.

@stampie

I am thinking of lowering her.  What do you thank of the jamco 3 inch lowering kit? Its about $700. Is it worth $400 extra for the Bilsteins?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/27/22 2:26 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Check out Eaton springs. Pretty sure they have stuff that'll drop in and is cheaper. Now if you want to put it on bags then you're looking at a lot more. I wouldn't think you'd need anything special for shocks as I doubt they're raising the spring rate. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 6:48 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Check out Eaton springs. Pretty sure they have stuff that'll drop in and is cheaper. Now if you want to put it on bags then you're looking at a lot more. I wouldn't think you'd need anything special for shocks as I doubt they're raising the spring rate. 

Hi there. No bags here. I have a bagged Impala SS, that I built and sold - no more.  For me, some lowering springs will be fine. Similar look to this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-cadillac-calais/

 

I will look up the Eaton now. Thanks

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 6:51 p.m.

Looks like Eaton is about $781

 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/27/22 6:56 p.m.

I know Eaton has been around forever.  I'm not sure I'd go 3 inches.  I'd rather go the 2 inches that Eaton offers.  Not that I've heard anything bad about Jamco just when people mention springs for old American cars my first thought is Eaton.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 7:56 p.m.
Stampie said:

I know Eaton has been around forever.  I'm not sure I'd go 3 inches.  I'd rather go the 2 inches that Eaton offers.  Not that I've heard anything bad about Jamco just when people mention springs for old American cars my first thought is Eaton.

Excellent. I value your advice, since I know zilch about old american cars. That Calais had the 3 inch drop and i liked look the look, thus was curious if that is the right setup.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/27/22 8:01 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I could also be 10 whiskies in!  JK ... not yet. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 8:04 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Lets talk tomorrow when you are sober

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/27/22 8:07 p.m.

Just looked at that Calais.  I always love them because of most of them didn't come with vinyl roofs being the entry level model.  I was really digging that one until I saw the engine and the non original paint on it.  That's my biggest pet peeve on old Cadillacs.  If the engine is supposed to be Cadillac Blue then pony up and buy the good paint.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/27/22 10:28 p.m.
Stampie said:

Just looked at that Calais.  I always love them because of most of them didn't come with vinyl roofs being the entry level model.  I was really digging that one until I saw the engine and the non original paint on it.  That's my biggest pet peeve on old Cadillacs.  If the engine is supposed to be Cadillac Blue then pony up and buy the good paint.

Gonna meet the owner sunday at the cadillac king yearly gathering. 

 

i am literally repainting my motor blue - as the code wasnt correct

 

harmonic balancer here tomorrow - then install motor 

 

all my friends said to LS it / i wanted to keep it original 

 

cant wait to drive her 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 7:35 p.m.

Finally Done, Time to install tonight

 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/29/22 7:39 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Hate to ask but is that GM corp blue or Cadillac blue.  Looks a little light.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Its Caddy blue 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 8:23 p.m.

 

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 8:33 p.m.

stampie you are right 

the blue i used is a 1977+ caddy blue

 

the 48-67 blue is darker 

 

berkeley me 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/29/22 9:03 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I hate that I'm right.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Oh well - leaving it as is. Not a concours car and my level of frustration is high 

 

 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/29/22 9:37 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Sometimes when frustrated you need to step away.  Deadlines are artificial.  Life goes on even if the Caddy doesn't have an engine or if the Caddy engine is the wrong color.  Decide what you want and be at peace.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/22 9:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

spoken like a mature adult!! 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/30/22 10:51 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Shhh don't tell anyone.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/30/22 1:06 p.m.

@stampie

2 inch lowering vs 3 inch lowering. Thoughts for the 67?  I am going to a Caddy show (should be 80 caddys this weekend). Going to take a look and some measurements.   I don't need to be tail dragging. 

 

Want to order up the suspension on Sunday 

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
Drnhl7OkE5xUVc7lstkG05QTPmQdv8Ml8JqSXMtNVCSwVJ5KV8hTcIynAovdK7F3