3 4 5 6 7
Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
6/26/18 1:28 p.m.

My new AA.  Been sitting in a guys garage for many years.  Says it runs, sorta.  Pretty solid in the right areas.  Come get it, Im tired of looking at it, in my way, and never going to do anything with it price.  

Not sure what to do?  I would like to make it a Challenge car, but I've popped off before and never complete for multiple reasons.    I was commuting weekly for a job in Houston from Atlanta the last few years.  Recently quit that one and took a job in Atlanta.  I have space at a auto garage in Thomaston to build it.  A bit of a hike to work on it.  Would love to find some space in the Atlanta area?  I never do things half way, which kinda sux.  

So....

Anthony545
Anthony545 New Reader
6/30/18 11:03 a.m.

Man if I was closer I would consider. I actually really dig the light teal color, whatever you do don't change that. 

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
8/9/18 9:33 p.m.

Putting this

ppl

Into this

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
8/10/18 9:44 a.m.
ErikTheSwede said:

Putting this

Into this

oh my goodness

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/10/18 11:10 a.m.
Gasoline said:

My new AA. 

First car I ever drove by myself. I was 10

My dad was a racer and pure motor head who had an affinity for oddball daily drivers.

Mykk
Mykk New Reader
9/8/18 8:45 a.m.

Building a T-bucket, making a build thread now...

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
9/8/18 7:19 p.m.

Finally found a straight rust free X. Former track car in pieces to be made street able and for track days. The owner has a Lancia Beta 2.0 that I will endeavor to build and install. So psyched.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/8/18 8:41 p.m.

Current project is repair/remodeling of house exterior.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/house/20180421_150735_zpsspjkbda1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/house/20180421_162454_zpsd0nmiceq.jpg.html][/URL]

JmfnB
JmfnB MegaDork
9/9/18 8:46 a.m.

I built a lawn and garden garage so I can clean up the car and project garage devil

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
10/5/18 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Joshua B. Ott :

miata

V6Buicks
V6Buicks None
10/17/18 8:56 p.m.

Here's my nearly finished project and first post.  My '86 Grand National that doesn't fit the GRM style at all, so I needed a car that would fill hole the in my heart.  This '02 Camaro was a my buddy's dad's car.  He bought it new, and sold it to me for a killer price.  I'm excited to finally have a car that I can have fun beating the snot out of while also not feeling a bit of remorse for the cars well being.

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
10/20/18 7:51 a.m.

In reply to V6Buicks :

Uhhhhhh... going to need more info on both. I'm a huge grand national fan! And everyone here likes any cool car so, if it's cool, it's our style! 

Also that's why I love this site so much. There's no foreign vs domestic or chevy vs ford crap (beside the good-natured stuff!), it's just mutual respect and love for anything cool!

TheLongHaul
TheLongHaul New Reader
11/9/18 6:09 p.m.

Finally getting this back to my workshop after a few years. 

coldwatermotorsports
coldwatermotorsports New Reader
11/13/18 7:31 a.m.
ErikTheSwede said:

Putting this

ppl

Into this

I have no idea what these are but I like it, have any more info on the setup and build?

coldwatermotorsports
coldwatermotorsports New Reader
11/13/18 7:41 a.m.

Ive been a long time lurker,  Here is my Race car, 93 mirage Evo1 front clip and awd 4g63 swap.  I am hoping to start a challenge build here shortly using a 2001 mirage and a 1992 stealth awd TT for a donor I just picked up this past weekend.  Hopefully i will be making a decent build thread for the challenge build but its normally the last thing on my mind once I start cracking.  Here's some pics of the cars.

wrp
wrp New Reader
11/20/18 8:53 p.m.

My FFR 1933 Ford Hot Rod. SBC with mild cam, TK45 Transmission Monster multidisc hydraulic clutch, Ford 8.8 Rear end, double adjustable QA-1's and adjustable 4 Link.

Dave
Dave Reader
11/20/18 9:01 p.m.

Lots of cool projects. My '84 Innocenti. Soon to hopefully get an extra cylinder.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 HalfDork
11/21/18 1:06 a.m.

In reply to coldwatermotorsports :

Wow! I've always liked the idea of swapping other Mitsubishi parts into a Mirage, and admire those that follow through with it. Looking forward to the Challenge build thread!

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 HalfDork
11/21/18 1:10 a.m.

winkIn reply to Dave :

Yours is a very cool project as well! Any specific powerplant ideas, or just one with an extra cylinder? Don't tell me you somehow going to graft a single from a bike or a generator or something into there while retaining the stock engine as well. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/21/18 8:11 a.m.

OK, not car related, but I built it in the garage so it counts.  It's a bench for the mudroom for storing shoes so I stop tripping over them. Nice place to sit and pull boots on in winter too.  Found the plans through Pinterest (don't judge me) and built it from some 2x2s and a sheet of plywood.  Added crates (on UHMW plastic runners) and best of all, I got to buy a Kreg Jig to make it!  

Dave
Dave Reader
11/21/18 9:26 a.m.
ae86andkp61 said:

winkIn reply to Dave :

Yours is a very cool project as well! Any specific powerplant ideas, or just one with an extra cylinder? Don't tell me you somehow going to graft a single from a bike or a generator or something into there while retaining the stock engine as well. 

I am thinking something along the lines of a Toyota Echo, Tercel or Hyundai Accent (2005-ish) engine. Gives me around 100hp plus fuel injection.

redleg37
redleg37 New Reader
11/26/18 3:38 p.m.

A few weeks ago my wife bought me a 02 Corvette Convertible and said I could do whatever I want with it. I plan to daily drive it during nicer weather and use it for autocross.

My plans so far are to race a season stock, and then go to a square set up with a second set of rear wheels, add some inexpensive headers and fab up a short exhaust (no emissions testing laws here), add an oil cooler, mod the intake, add a harness bar and harnesses, do the CAGS delete, and swap to 4.11 gears. I'm thinking it will eventually be a CAM S car but I enjoy driving it whether I can get a shiny metal or not.

awalker
awalker New Reader
12/3/18 12:06 p.m.

1988 Pontiac Fiero Cjb (T-top)

4" Widebody, Extractor hood, Fender vents,  and a rear lip spoiler.  All Built from scratch, no AM parts no kits.  All painted in a lotus Lazer Blue.

This project is 90% Complete  I started on this about a year ago.  It was hit in the side by a Semi and took some major damage to the space frame that had to be sectioned out and replaced. 

The engine is a 3400 Turbo swap.   Originally build with a 2.8 turbo.  and a 2.5L 4cyl from the factory it has underwent a few transplants in its lifetime.

CPFirebird
CPFirebird
12/3/18 2:35 p.m.

So......I’ve gotten a bit farther than this picture but.......LONG way to go. 

I’ll be locating the seat, steering column and building the rear half of the cage soon 

Ill be registered for the champ tour in Peru and Pro Solo in Oscoda in CP

AnthonyMM
AnthonyMM New Reader
12/10/18 11:14 a.m.

ULTIMATE race engine right here!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ho3gIhAdalA

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mkfjEXX70xZJFvnal26pL7wSJKKjJefI3THEpeHS37SvS52uKCnojX1zIR2ucG13