oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
5/2/19 9:20 a.m.

more to come...........

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli
5/3/19 11:05 a.m.

Hey Dudes, (1st post)

I really like what you guys are doing on this forum. I see that this is a friendly car/racing type of environment. I want to get into Autocross but I'm a truck guy and needed a cool truck. Of course I had to build it. This is what I found a 1934 Chevy Pickup. I Named it the CorVuck. One day I plan to start a Build Tread and maybe get it to start. But any ways some pictures.

Sorry, I tried to resize (Flickr) but I quit and just uploaded it.

B_scherms
B_scherms New Reader
5/10/19 10:39 a.m.

Hey Everyone, (1st Post) 

Currently working on a 1972 Toyota Corolla KE20! Thinking about putting together a build post in which I will provide more of the unique/ bizarre/ questionable history of this car....here are just a couple pictures from after the purchase and cleaning it out. 

First one is when they removed the car from the barn after sitting for 15-20 years.

paddygarcia
paddygarcia New Reader
5/19/19 8:44 p.m.

I'll use this first post as an intro as well as show and tell - been a GRM reader for a long, long time but just joined the forums. Motorhead life has been good over the last couple of years, having built a house with a shop and then starting on several long-delayed projects.

First was refreshing the '96 911, which spent 92 days on the lift for my amateur mechanical work, and then almost the same amount of time at the professional body shop for a repaint indecision Supposed to be ready tomorrow, I'll post more then.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
5/22/19 10:46 p.m.

Does this count?

If you keep buying and breaking the same model of phone, eventually you'll have enough parts to make one good one.

jnoiles
jnoiles New Reader
6/12/19 12:08 p.m.

Newest build is 2zz swapping an MR2 spider I picked up for £300.  This was her on the day I picked her up

Dragged her baclk to the barn and got stuck in.  These things come apart amazingly easily:

The exhaust put up a fight but I won in the end.  No matter, it's getting a new exhaust with the 2zz anyway:

Bunch of mates pondering this act of automotive silliness:

IMG_5686

Hmm:

Oooh, frilly!

Continuing in the theme of 'oh well, it's getting new bits anyway'...

Coming along nicely:

The new engine hoist comes next week so I can pull the engine out and get the new one in.  The calipers are boxed up and being sent off for a full refurb.  I've been getting a steady stream of new bits arriving in the post over the past week.  Plan over the next few weeks is to clean things up and sort out the rusty rear subframe then start putting shiny new upgraded parts on her.

PseudoMechanic
PseudoMechanic New Reader
6/25/19 11:06 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I am building a v6 j32 rear wheel drive 1983 Honda Civic complete with Acura Integra front chassis, 5 lug conversion and an M122 supercharger.

here’s a video:  Civic RWD 12- I hope you have a big trunk, because I'm going to put my engine in it
https://youtu.be/xL3o7gef9gA

hcsi99
hcsi99 New Reader
6/26/19 4:09 p.m.

I've been building a first generation Cadillac CTS to race in the Champcar Endurance Racing Series and I'm almost done!  I have a build thread on the Champcar Forum  https://forum.champcar.org/topic/16756-daring-greatly-racings-cadillac-cts-build-thread-527/  and a FaceBook page as well!  https://www.facebook.com/Daring-Greatly-Racing-137231636746199/

Shadeux
Shadeux New Reader
7/6/19 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Datsun510zen :

That is just too cool! Really nice idea and I think it fits perfectly with the tone of your car build.

Gtholen
Gtholen New Reader
7/17/19 8:52 p.m.

Here is one of my projects. It's a 95' Camaro. It does have a 2002 SS front clip on it. 

Mikelly
Mikelly New Reader
7/30/19 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Gtholen :

Nascar road racer is my “next” build.  Sitting in my shop now!

redco2
redco2 New Reader
7/31/19 11:16 p.m.

Thinking of ways on how I can lower my car on my own. I'm challenging my self since it is a 20 year bmw!

SleepRGarage
SleepRGarage
8/23/19 6:11 p.m.

2001 Suzuki Swift with Toyota 4age 20v BT, S13 coilovers

SleepRGarage
SleepRGarage New Reader
8/23/19 6:14 p.m.

Check out my youtube Sleep R Garage

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
8/31/19 9:59 p.m.

My 588hp Triumph GT6 project got another step forward when I got the RX8 suspension out and the body recycled.

Dhill
Dhill New Reader
10/2/19 9:19 a.m.

Here is my build in progress. 99 E46 323i with 330i engine swap. Almost ready for the $2000 challenge.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/my-2019-challenge-build-99-e46-323i/159547/page2/#post2833310

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass New Reader
10/6/19 7:29 a.m.

I picked up a 91 Toyota MR2 Turbo about a month ago

While it runs (and runs well!) there are a bunch of little things to replace and/or fix and Im going through and getting a little done here and there.

Being on teacher's salary, with a mortgage, makes it a bit tougher, but it's all good.

Ive driven the car a handful of times to work and around town, but really need to get different wheels/tires (tires on it are old and flat spotted just a bit), that's the next BIG project. But, until then, it's small fixes like the wobbly mirrors and replacing capacitors in the tach so it'll work

Xiiiaces
Xiiiaces None
10/8/19 9:59 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Hey guys, 

Super new to this forum stuff, and even more new to this website. I am currently doing research for a project that has been discussed before, and I know once I explain it there will be some who will be scratching their heads going ... why... that answer will be given as well. 

I am trying to build a lifted 2003 Ford Mustang GT, Ive seen several pictures of one, a black GT with a roof rack and off road tires... This is essentially what I wish to build, I am trying to locate the original builder of this car to get more details as to how it was done and what parts were used. Now for those of you saying why. 1. I already am working on another project car. A 2004 Mach 1 that is being turned into a road course car. 2. I am a scuba diver by trade and need to get a daily car that i dont care if it gets all salty or banged up. Scuba tanks are heavy and with a fully loaded trunk the rear sinks quite low and my tires rub. 3. Yes i plan on driving a lifted mustang as my daily car. 4. I already own 2 mustangs, the GT isnt worth selling so i might as well turn it into a more useful car for me. 5. I like taking cars off roading and seeing people turn thier heads going why... my answer is why not. If it can do it, why not do it. 6. I have no interest in getting a truck or a jeep 

If there is anyone on this forum that can she some light as to how to better accomplish this I would be much appriceative of it. 

Thanks 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
10/16/19 9:13 a.m.
wheelsmithy said:

In reply to ScottyB :

Umm, I'm interested. That looks great!

figured i'd follow up on this to say we got it out for its maiden voyage on thursday.  350 miles round trip up to the N. GA mountains for 4 days.  everything worked perfectly except for my liscense plate lights wouldn't turn on...but i can deal with that!  about 3 years of work from bare frame to this.

queen size 8" foam mattress went in here.  sleeps great, my son lays up in the loft and our pup sleeps next to me (he likes being near the screen window to get that nice breeze and all the sniffs he can handle)

2020 goal with it is to drive/camp the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and spend some time in the FL keys.  Then we head west!

also, whoa, haven't checked in on this thread in a while and you guys are doing some wild stuff.  love it.

Fleurrose
Fleurrose New Spammer
12/22/19 5:38 p.m.
DreamsOfEli said:

Hey Dudes, (1st post)

[ninja edit canoe removed]

I'm really curious about the final results please don't forget to post it [so I can spam again]

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8
1/26/20 4:52 p.m.

First post here. I picked up a decent shell of a 1997 200sx SE-R a while back and finally making some moves on it. 

First move was to toss a SR20VE in it with a B15 transmission, no pictures of that process as I lost the photos moving to a new phone. 

The PO swapped the spindles to the B15 as well with the intention of a brake swap but never finished it. This put the front of the car at 4x114.3 and the rear of the car at 4x100. 

Where I am now is popping the old bearings out. I pressed in the factory B14 bearings (same outter diameter) so as to use the factory hub to get it back to 4x100 all around. This was also eliminating the gigantic 1 inch lug adapter he was running. 

Calipers are 30mm aluminum Z32 and rotors are 280mm x 28mm redrilled Mazda rotors. Master cylinder is from a U13 7/8 Altima. I also tossed in some 2JRacing extended studs. 

B14 hub is offset inboard from the B15 hub by 3mm so I had to get it back in place with a 3mm hubcentric spacer behind the rotor.

Wheels will need to be switched out due to my Traffiks not having enough spoke clearance and offset to clear the much larger calipers even with 12mm hubcentric spacers. I'm looking at the new Konig flowformed wheels but I need to get some offset and clearance numbers first. I'm liking the look of the Hypergrams or the ol RPF1 standbys 

ordered some prothane mounts from THmotorsports but after a week and a half of not even an email or confirmation other than taking my money I called to find out they aren't in stock but rather on backorder till the end of Feb. 

otherwise it's just fixing stuff that has been neglected such as the parking brake cables which snapped a holding stud off and a clean set of b13 seats. Also the dimmer switch was fixed. 

more to come however I don't have much free time being a union construction worker in the Bay area (lots of OT)

​​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​

James O'Day
James O'Day New Reader
2/16/20 11:10 a.m.

Hey, Ive been a big fan of Grassroots Motorsports for many years. I'm semi-retired and building a Ranger truck for Autocross and Rallycross.

Template
Template New Spammer
3/10/20 3:36 p.m.

Guess it's time to move.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy UltraDork
3/14/20 2:38 p.m.

In reply to James O'Day :

Tasty!

miata2001
miata2001 New Reader
4/19/20 10:26 p.m.

Miata Extended lower ball joints

I have spent two full days under the car. I bought the ball joint kit last fall and with no autocross on the horizon I thought I should put them in. Well I could not get the tie rod ends to separate. I bought a beefy seperator and with that and a BFH I accomplished that. Then for the lower ball joints. No way. I destroyed the separator, used a ton of penetrating oil, heat, hammers. Still frozen. So I thought I might as well take out the whole steering knuckle. Disconnect my oversize sway bar, Megan Racing coil overs, etc., etc. Once that is all on the floor I will bundle them up and take to a shop. What a ton of work that I thought I could do in an afternoon.

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u6VvZyJIWfopaaPsueWRcXi2d9XUN4UuKadFSg2esN95XVL6cFPOkg76KAXe6ydW