oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
5/2/19 9:20 a.m.

more to come...........

DreamsOfEli
DreamsOfEli
5/3/19 11:05 a.m.

Hey Dudes, (1st post)

I really like what you guys are doing on this forum. I see that this is a friendly car/racing type of environment. I want to get into Autocross but I'm a truck guy and needed a cool truck. Of course I had to build it. This is what I found a 1934 Chevy Pickup. I Named it the CorVuck. One day I plan to start a Build Tread and maybe get it to start. But any ways some pictures.

Sorry, I tried to resize (Flickr) but I quit and just uploaded it.

B_scherms
B_scherms New Reader
5/10/19 10:39 a.m.

Hey Everyone, (1st Post) 

Currently working on a 1972 Toyota Corolla KE20! Thinking about putting together a build post in which I will provide more of the unique/ bizarre/ questionable history of this car....here are just a couple pictures from after the purchase and cleaning it out. 

First one is when they removed the car from the barn after sitting for 15-20 years.

paddygarcia
paddygarcia New Reader
5/19/19 8:44 p.m.

I'll use this first post as an intro as well as show and tell - been a GRM reader for a long, long time but just joined the forums. Motorhead life has been good over the last couple of years, having built a house with a shop and then starting on several long-delayed projects.

First was refreshing the '96 911, which spent 92 days on the lift for my amateur mechanical work, and then almost the same amount of time at the professional body shop for a repaint indecision Supposed to be ready tomorrow, I'll post more then.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
5/22/19 10:46 p.m.

Does this count?

If you keep buying and breaking the same model of phone, eventually you'll have enough parts to make one good one.

jnoiles
jnoiles New Reader
6/12/19 12:08 p.m.

Newest build is 2zz swapping an MR2 spider I picked up for £300.  This was her on the day I picked her up

Dragged her baclk to the barn and got stuck in.  These things come apart amazingly easily:

The exhaust put up a fight but I won in the end.  No matter, it's getting a new exhaust with the 2zz anyway:

Bunch of mates pondering this act of automotive silliness:

IMG_5686

Hmm:

Oooh, frilly!

Continuing in the theme of 'oh well, it's getting new bits anyway'...

Coming along nicely:

The new engine hoist comes next week so I can pull the engine out and get the new one in.  The calipers are boxed up and being sent off for a full refurb.  I've been getting a steady stream of new bits arriving in the post over the past week.  Plan over the next few weeks is to clean things up and sort out the rusty rear subframe then start putting shiny new upgraded parts on her.

5 6 7
Our Preferred Partners
NfXKPE7Zl5ioZSqSZanahNX3puDXpnfBgAkzUCsU0dkCDobXhP2HBX4A2yyBZCIR