In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

GULP! Your Corolla is awesome!

I'm at the changeover point where I am done with my Toyota AE86 Corolla, which is sold and just pending delivery/pickup, and have started tearing into my newly-purchased JDM EA21R Suzuki Cappucino. The Cappo suffered a rusty brake line failure while loading it up on the trailer (but after doing the paperwork) so getting the brakes working is the first order of business.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
1/9/21 10:10 a.m.
Helirich
Helirich New Reader
1/28/21 10:12 a.m.

This may not go over well here. (Not a fast car) But I've been working on this for 10 years. Completely custom, it's supposed to look like a HEMTT. It's got air ride and turbo diesel. It's all torn apart for paint right now. Might be done in six months. For reference, the tires are about 4 feet tall.

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
1/28/21 2:06 p.m.

Eden, that thing is sweet!

Someone may have just made a deal on 390hp worth of Jaguar.

#challengedkitty

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/9/21 7:26 p.m.

Coming soon

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/11/21 6:53 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Whaaaaat? 

I'm wincing as I type this but.....what does it have under the hood?

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/11/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) :

VEEEEE TWELVE!

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/11/21 7:01 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Hahaha! Heck yeah-can't wait for the thread.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/21/21 10:16 p.m.
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/14/21 2:51 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) :

VEEEEE TWELVE!

Oh my.  I very much want to see this one!

Cudabuild
Cudabuild New Reader
3/30/21 12:48 a.m.

I posted my Cuda build on transmission section. Looking for options. 1970 Cuda. Bought as rolling body. Car campaigned as a Pro Stock/ Modified Stock in the mid 70s. It was a small car lot and garage dream to try to race the big boys of the day. (Dick Landy, Sox Martin. Ect...) But that effort (like most) fell short of expectations. So motor and trans were sold off in early 80s. Been a roller ever sence.

Current build effort? Pro Street. Engine. 904ci DOHC Schubeck marine engine. 1200 HP at 5200 RPM. 1000+ ft/lbs torque at little under 3000 RPM. N/A on pump 91 gas. Looking for manual transmission options? I don't believe Tremec has any 5/6 speed that can handle this monster. I do have a JW Ultrabell Power Glide that can handle. But they heat up fast with any limited street use. If anything new out there? I'm all ears.

Cudabuild
Cudabuild New Reader
3/30/21 3:14 p.m.

Looking around. Alot of unique builds happening. The only benefit from a time of pandemic is time on projects. JMO

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/30/21 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Cudabuild :

My buddy at Tremec says their transmissions are in very powerful TT Vipers. That's all I've got.

oh, and sick cuda! I'm a huge MoPar fan.

Cudabuild
Cudabuild New Reader
3/31/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

I believe Tremec is getting close. And they certainly recognize the gap that today's HP builds have created in transmission options. 

Cudabuild
Cudabuild New Reader
3/31/21 5:27 p.m.

Even the electric cars are feeling. Electric cars torque curve is even more severe. They of course can govern power more easily. But what fun is that? In racing? Recipe for losing.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/12/21 8:36 p.m.

I turned my dedicated C Street class autocross 986 S into a Sport 4 class Time Trial car in a week, entered my first TT, and won my class:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/i-signed-up-for-my-first-time-trial/182210/page1/#post3241617

lrd56
lrd56 None
4/25/21 5:05 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Im building a 97 ranger splash into a pre runner with a 84 jag irs with a 87 5.0 with aod transmission but still trying to fit the irs in the frame. Any help would be great

MiataMGmix
MiataMGmix
4/29/21 11:23 a.m.

hey I have a 1980 MGB rubber bumper and I have acquired a 2007 Miata NC motor and transmission and I am having trouble figuring out how to configure the wiring harness to the mgb, also am havign trouble figuring out the ECM. does anyone have any ideas?

mtnbiker4evr13
mtnbiker4evr13 New Reader
5/9/21 11:54 a.m.

Starting 1 of 2 builds. Destiny wants a 5cyl Volvo Turbo White Block to be placed into 1 of my 2 engineless rigs.

A) 47 Willys backed by a T18 as a small wayyyy overpowered fun rig. Packaging is terrible, would be a poor fit for what I want it to do... but very cool. Aim for 33s and pseudo light offroad rig/farm utv. Small diesel (TDI/kubota) or heck even a 4cyl red block would be way better but does logic get to have all the fun? 

First AW30-40 bellhousingto 70s T18 adapter ever...?

2) 2nd Gen 4runner. Originally automatic so using a 960 bellhousing I can literally bolt it to an A340 and stuff it in the engine bay. 7M's fit so one less cylinder should be cake... or something. 230ish hp 2nd gen would be cool.. not flatfender cool but still. Very useful as a camping expo rig, backup DD etc.. generally the safer logical choice.

Decades
Decades New Reader
5/11/21 3:27 p.m.

New here, in second week of a project I've been planning for a long time: 1987 VW Syncro to something reliable and capable to take on trails.  Vehicle was last on the road in 2002, has under 90k miles (if the odometer works), and likely has a head leak.

Trying to post a picture, but the preview has a comical aspect ratio shift.

This is the good side. There is a bad side.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
7/17/21 8:22 p.m.

How it started

How it's going

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
7/19/21 2:52 p.m.
TheWraith said:

How it started

I feel like I've seen this car for sale not too long ago. Build thread? 

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
7/20/21 10:32 a.m.

I feel like I've seen this car for sale not too long ago. Build thread? 

I bought/started in 2013, just started the build thread here https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/big-g-body-build-and-50-other-distractions/185145/page1/

If you do see another for sale I may "need" another for an even more ambitious build......

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/13/21 9:37 p.m.

Picking this up tomorrow 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RUqv1E7dd7Dy9RoK4StzG20v3NeuCfhwt39xlQRdUeaTmXxOvnPaNliFaHXvogZC