ctk339
ctk339 Reader
7/13/19 12:26 p.m.

Fancy

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/17/19 7:24 p.m.

Putting down some weed barrier.  Truckload of limestone rock and shell coming on Friday to extend the driveway.

Made some kind of art installation out of the big pine tree root.  I’m gonna spray paint it with flame colors. 

We’ve been getting douched with heavy rain almost every afternoon. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/19/19 10:50 a.m.

Looks like a fun Saturday ahead. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/20/19 1:03 p.m.

I think my wife and I went through 3 gallons of water and sweat each. Hurry up July 30!  The weather is too unpredictable to try and put down the epoxy before the building is erected. So it’ll be another week or so after that before I can start moving in cars n tools :( 

off to have some margaritas to celebrate the work completed!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
7/21/19 7:17 p.m.

Nice work. Very jealous. I can't wait until I have room for a big garage at home. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/25/19 6:10 p.m.

Closing in on building delivery day. Built a urinal for outside the back door of the shop. It’s also behind the back side of the shipping container bar. Two birds with one keg!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/27/19 8:16 a.m.

Gonna be a wet one today!

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
7/27/19 8:00 p.m.
Lof8 said:

Closing in on building delivery day. Built a urinal for outside the back door of the shop. It’s also behind the back side of the shipping container bar. Two birds with one keg!

You don't want to fall forward into that thing while drunk! Maybe install some edging

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/27/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s : probably a good idea!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/29/19 8:39 a.m.

Site is ready!  And the lift got dropped off today!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
7/30/19 9:30 a.m.

This pretty much sums up my dealings with the Contractor. He emailed me yesterday confirming installers on site today. 10am rolls around and no sign of them. So I send a text. He responds once, “they’ll be there tomorrow”. Then he goes silent. 

...and..I just got word that construction is not starting until Thursday - the same day I leave on a Miata road trip to Tail of the Dragon.  I guess it should be a nice thing to come home to, but it sucks not being able to monitor the progress a bit and try to catch any issues beforehand.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/1/19 12:56 p.m.

Its a miracle!!

ctk339
ctk339 Reader
8/1/19 3:44 p.m.

Exciting

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/2/19 10:36 a.m.

Decent progress but I guess these guys don’t work on Fridays.  :/

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
8/2/19 12:54 p.m.

Hopefully you're not paying for the lift rental on their days off!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/2/19 1:39 p.m.

My price was all-inclusive. So I take a lil solace in knowing they’re dwindling their own profits. Haha. 

Were cruising around in the NC mountains and spent the day in Asheville. Sampled a few breweries. The miatas A/C went out near Atlanta on the way up, so that’s not helping our fun level at all. I was hoping to get back home to a finished garage on Sunday, but that’s surely not happening. At least I’ll get to witness some of the construction. 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/5/19 10:59 a.m.

Well, after posting previously about going to Miatas at the Gap at Tail of the Dragon, and reading some of the responses, my expectations were fairly low. But I’m happy to say we had a really good time at “The Dragon”. The miata gathering in the resort parking lot held our attention for about 20 minutes. There were some cool swapped cars and Paco off road setups, but we didn’t hang around the car show long.  The road was calling to me.

What really sets the Dragon apart from most of the other mountain roads I’ve experienced is the amount of banking in the corners. It’s pretty extreme and allows you to carry more speed than most others. The quick switch backs and varying radius turns really make for a fun drive!  I was not disappointed!  There are 2 business as the start of the Dragon that have gas, food, lodging, a pub, music, and souvenirs.  They serve as the main congregating area and create a fun, festive vibe  

There were several hundred miatas, some Porsches, dune buggies and a lot of motorcycles. Inevitably, a few people couldn’t keep their E36 M3 together and we saw a couple of accident scenes. It’s a tight road and certainly dangerous. 

After the Dragon, we did some exploring, including nearby “road to nowhere”

It was an awesome trip overall! - despite the 10 hour ride home with no a/c. And that part really sucked. 

The building installers are not fast. But they seem to be doing a very thorough job. This thing is really big!  It feels much larger than what the slab felt on its own. I’m excited!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/5/19 2:42 p.m.

Today’s progress

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
8/5/19 3:46 p.m.

Park Neons and Miatas vertically now to use the space efficientlycheeky

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
8/5/19 6:38 p.m.

I was at matg at like 8:30am and saw what i wanted and left at like 9:15am. Also there was another wreck i saw posted on the toguefest fb page

Also at like 9:30 I passed the like 150 dune/rail buggies going toward the tail after i had done the tail and was on my way home via Foothills parkway to pigeon forge.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/9/19 7:51 a.m.

OMG WE HAVE A GARAGE!!

Just need the final inspection then I can get to work on the interior. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/9/19 8:07 a.m.

Very very nice! 

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
8/9/19 8:10 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 :

Wow, that's huge! Congratulations!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/10/19 2:24 p.m.

Hell ya!  Did some shreddin in the 357 today!  First ftd for me ever!

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/11/19 12:13 p.m.

Miata carnage from the last Chump race.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
efdVm7LaFhpfiExHS8Pj6RjTI947tfs0vnzdu3eCIw7m877Cy4HCekWmoptkcP5U