Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
11/23/20 8:29 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)

I'm in Bradenton.  I would indeed like to see what it feels like! Especially now that I have a 2zz hanging around.  I do get up near Jax occasionally for work. 

this graph pretty much depicts exactly what you describe. Gray is 1zz. Yellow is 2zz. Hard to argue with that. My friend did total the car a few weeks after he completed the swap. Maybe he's bitter toward it or didn't have the  vvt functioning properly. Hard to say. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/7/20 10:53 a.m.

So there's a NASA rally sprint scheduled at the Firm next year.  With a few safety improvements, the YXZ can be legal to run. Unfortunately, those same safety mods make it a little less optimal for the trail riding and such that I also use it for.  So I talked my wife into selling our 4 wheelers and grabbed a cheap (relatively speaking) Polaris RZR 900 for the non-rally duties. It's pretty damn fun but currently tops out about 45 mph. It has a very worn secondary clutch that I'll be replacing this week. 

taking it on a camping/riding excursion in Ocala forest this weekend!

took the Spyder to a PCA autocross yesterday.  Got 2nd overall, beat by a great driver in a Cayman with 911 engine swap on Hoosiers. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
12/7/20 4:03 p.m.

Some of those vehicles in the paddock look like they would cone everything.cheeky Especially since the windshields are covered up.... 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/7/20 4:53 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Lol. The airplane graveyard grows every time I go to an event there. Pretty interesting to drive by them but we're instructed to stay away and "ignore them".  

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/7/20 6:28 p.m.

Where was the event?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/7/20 7:08 p.m.
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) said:

Where was the event?

Brooksville airport

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
12/7/20 10:17 p.m.

I am sure someone has hopes of re-commissioning the well wrapped ones. Only time will tell

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/14/20 4:47 p.m.

Autox pic

Ocala forest trail pics  she is badly in need of both rear bearing/hub assemblies and a new muffler.  But she ran great!  Put about 120 miles on her  

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/20/20 11:47 a.m.

Just got back from the Woodsman Cup. It was awesome! As it is every year. I won the Vintage class on the same old Rebel I've been running there forever.  But this was the first year I won when the host had made the custom trophies on his CNC machine!  So I got to take home some hardware, and a fairly uncomfortable groin strain. Ha!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/21/20 7:45 a.m.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/21/20 7:50 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

That event has always looked really fun and really sketchy.  Congrats on the win!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/21/20 10:57 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I think a lot of the fun derives from the huge amount of sketchiness!  The host describes it as a "E36 M3 show," and that's exactly what it is.  

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/22/20 9:29 p.m.

I've had a few conversations with Marcel, the NASA tech dude, regarding making the YXZ legal for the upcoming Rally Sprint. He's making a few rule exceptions to let me run it. One of them being that I can run a braced aluminum seat rather than an FIA seat. So I've taken advantage of that and mounted a Jegs special, along with an SFI harness, I should be good to go for the Sprint now!  A full stage rally in the future would be cool, but we'll see what Marcel says I need to do once he puts eyes on it in person. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/23/20 5:58 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

Nice!  No codriver, or is the other seat on its' way?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/23/20 6:33 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I'm going without co driver for the sprint.  Hopefully the course is marked pretty well. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/23/20 8:37 a.m.

I need to fly down for a woodsman's cup, looks like a riot. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
12/23/20 10:51 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

There are a number of people who fly in for it. A fairly big YouTuber, Fooligan, was there this year documenting.  

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/6/21 5:38 p.m.

2 of my 4 nephews came by last weekend to play with the go kart on the backyard track. Lots of fun and pizza! 

decided to pour a slab in front of the garage to try and keep tires from dragging so much shell from the driveway inside. 

the Firm Rally Sprint is just a week and a half away. I need to add a light bar for the night stages and get a few other things buttoned up, but I'm getting excited!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/15/21 11:09 a.m.

It's rally sprint weekend!  Looks like only 4 or 5 cars here. Lol. Hopefully that means lots of seat time. I'm pretty sure the crosskart on hoosiers isn't running. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
1/15/21 12:36 p.m.

Love that clown shoe.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/15/21 8:55 p.m.

After 6 stages (day 1)...I'm in the lead.  Holy Crap!  18 stages tomorrow  hope I can keep it up.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/16/21 11:48 a.m.

Well Paul Rowley (in a Fiesta R5 factory rally car) had my number this morning. After 3 stages, he was 18 seconds ahead of me. I have no idea why he kept pushing harder, but he decided to send it to the moon off the big jump and broke his suspension. DNF. That left just Sebastian (Z3) and I still running.  So I took the win!!

super fun and everyone involved are incredibly friendly people!  Marcel and others were trying to talk me into adding some cage bars and doing some stage rallies.  Not sure if I'm wanting to go that far though - distance and prep level.  I enjoy the simplicity of close 1 or 2 day events. 

the YXZ was freakin fantastic. I love driving it. Stage 2 was pretty soft and was getting pretty rutted up. Lots complaints from the other guys but the Yamaha ate it up!

stage 3 video. It sucks how much YouTube trashes the quality of the video. It's so crisp when viewed in the gopro app before uploading. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/17/21 2:14 p.m.

Garage entry slab all done. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/17/21 4:01 p.m.

Nice slide someone sent me :)

java230
java230 UberDork
1/18/21 11:12 a.m.

That looks like an absolute blast!