1 2 3
Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:19 p.m.

This is how I started out, 2003 2.3, 5mt, rwd and only $700. Learned how to drive stick and it stayed mostly stock for the better part of two years. More to come, figuring out how to work this forum thingy

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/21/22 8:22 p.m.

Man of few words I see.

So where is this headed?

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:25 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Hoping to do a build rundown of what I've done for the past few years, trying to figure out how to post

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:28 p.m.

After getting bored of the stock wheels I jumped on a mismatched set of Jeep Junkyard wheels. Actually used it for light off-roading which is ironic considering where she was headed

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:33 p.m.

Finally started getting serious with the build at this point, I'm no photographer(or wordsmith)so bear with me. Late 80's crown Vic wheels now with 195/45r15s, tires really brought the cog down but also sadly the top end(need to regear diff). Front bumper was falling apart so I hacked that out, also installed 3" lowering springs off eBay which was lots of fun(found out after I needed to buy lowering shocks)

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
3/21/22 8:34 p.m.

Welcome

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:39 p.m.

Big leaps and bounds here, bought a 96 ranger for parts, stole the bed, bumper and few other odds and ends before scrapping it. Went quite serious with lowering now, axle over flip and a shackle flip was good for about 6-7 inches of drop(never really measured). At this point I missed my inspection month and sadly let it sit for early '21 winter.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/21/22 8:42 p.m.

Dude if you don't throw up some horns and show up our resident hand model you don't have a hair on your ass.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:44 p.m.

We are now just about caught up(need to remember to take more progress photos) Managed to get it to pass inspection somehow, was worried because the rear has no axle travel. One of the most nerve racking things I need to do is notch the frame. Anyways now just doing maintenance(starter) in this picture and currently trying to source a fender 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I have been told I could be a hand model (the before pictures for moisturizer)

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/21/22 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Angryranger :

Lol.  Yea our AngryCorvair is more of a pretty boy.  I like the CrownVic wheels.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 9:00 p.m.

Now as for goals this summer I would like to rattle can a livery similar to the Marlboro race team(just think it's neat), add a swaybar and notch the rear frame, get some bucket seats and maybe try out some local auto crosses(total noob in regard to official races). So follow along if you will :)

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/21/22 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I love the wheels but hopefully upgrading soon. I have a set of outlaws ii's im trying to restore so I can put some meatier tires on

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/28/22 6:03 p.m.

*sad update. Had a cel and when I went to check with a scanner came up 10 different codes, will update tommorow. Most were for the intake, maf and o2 sensors. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/28/22 8:15 p.m.

So you got me with the username.  Now you have to put up with me.  It is a Ford so isn't that normal?

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/28/22 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

No haha, been surprisingly reliable and almost never a check engine light. Went and talked to my dad who's house it was staying at. He needed to empty some gas cans out to fill up with diesel and put the extra in my tank. He ended up putting 50/50 premix in so I'm suspecting this might have fouled up some sensors 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
3/28/22 9:17 p.m.

This isn't helping my resolve to not shop for a truck until I have room to park it. 2.3 5mt is such a good combo. They'll put up with so much abuse and neglect and just keep doing truck stuff. 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
3/28/22 9:44 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

You got that right, clutch drops, burnouts, drifting, rev bombs... Top off the oil and shes runs like a top

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/3/22 12:46 p.m.

Slow progress on the ranger, picked up a set of Mazda 3 wheels for $40. Tires are spent so I'm trying to find a good deal for some track oriented tires

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/22 3:39 p.m.
Stampie said:

Dude if you don't throw up some horns and show up our resident hand model you don't have a hair on your ass.

Stampie, you are one goofy bastard. And yes, that * is* why we love you.

Mr. Ranger, you will find that there's much appreciation for minitrucks of all flavors here.

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/3/22 6:10 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks bro, hopefully lots of fun to come so stay tuned 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/3/22 7:13 p.m.

With the amount of part out mustangs for sale lately has got me wondering, I know the 8.8s are a wider than the 7.5. My question is how wide? Diff options are limited for rangers and I'm planning to weld it soon but was just throwing around the idea of swapping one in

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
4/3/22 8:49 p.m.

The nice thing about 8.8s (one nice thing, anyway) is there's a bunch of different flavors. Different widths and ratios and brakes and LSDs and such. Find one from an AWD exploder and you'll get disk brakes and a limited slip and it'll be fairly close in width to what you have. 

Angryranger
Angryranger New Reader
4/3/22 9:32 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I'm up in in New England so finding an older explorer is actually a difficult task, Most forums I've read say it's fairly simple swap, if I'm swapping axles tho I need a 4 link to back it up

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/3/22 9:44 p.m.

I can pull something here and send it up north.  Last I looked at Explorer axles they were all over the yards here.  Like I had easy choice of ratio and LSD.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
83ZxRiPQ4GI4SdQS4fHXdoAzupQFvgcmo83PZEbEQiEWxIPBpN2UGmOgp1QQoWn8