28 29 30
Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
7/8/19 8:45 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

no rules against extra lighting, typically there are some pretty organic creations that most would call not aesthetically pleasing. 

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
8/12/19 2:44 p.m.

courtesy of @lowshuttermedia

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
8/12/19 3:09 p.m.

Jax Solo E8 was saturday. it was our annual day + night split event where your best day run is added to your best night run. The event (as it historically has) offered a mix of dry daylight runs, wet runs and darkness runs. 

I made a couple large changes that i will post more on later, but necessarily, i was taking it fairly easy on the hardware. Drove my dry runs at ~80% and my wet and wet + dark runs at even less. In the video you see no countersteering and hear no tire screams... 

So my best run was my second run at 35.6 sec. That was good enough for the second quickest clean run all day!! Only 0.7sec off FTD. Normally, i am 2-3 sec off the winning pace and end up around 12th position raw time overall. So, needless to say i believe the changes were hugely beneficial! Over the summer i bought a front set of OE Z06 speedlines (17x8.5) and put skinny little 275 toyo  R888rs up front. That arrangement is nearly 10lbs lighter per side. Additionally (and this is the biggie) myself and my buddy who welded the cage came up with a VERY CHEAP method of getting more rear camber. The OE chassis adjustments were only good for 0.8deg. Our mod got the rear to ~3deg neg. Separate post on the mod to follow, but essentially, we weld-filled the rear upper control arm's ball joint tapered hole and redrilled the hole 9/16" inboard. 

The rear grip, which is normally nonexistant, was shockingly good. With more experience on this setup i think the kart will be darn competitive at the local level for FTD. 

youtube video link

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
8/12/19 6:26 p.m.

Looked good, I'll have to look again on my laptop, instead of my phone.

I'm so sorry to miss this event. I really wanted to see this car, and the event looked fun. 

Unfortunately, the oil pan drain plug repair in my truck decided to let go. I had to cancel.

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
8/14/19 5:53 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

Looked good, I'll have to look again on my laptop, instead of my phone.

I'm so sorry to miss this event. I really wanted to see this car, and the event looked fun. 

Unfortunately, the oil pan drain plug repair in my truck decided to let go. I had to cancel.

thanks! Yea, the night event is unique and was good. but the weather def took some of hte fun out of it. 

you ought to come run with us at the FIRM on Oct 27....

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
8/16/19 1:43 p.m.

i finally got around to posting a thread about the method i came up with for increasing rear negative camber on the cheap. Its in the GRM forum, link

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
10/7/19 3:29 p.m.

We had an event sunday, #10 for 2019. Ran pretty good on a very tight course. Got progressively quicker to a point, then had a couple DNF's pushing it beyond my skill level. 

Had a couple clean 42.0sec runs, which was good for 3rd on the raw time overall list. FTD was set at 40.8 by a nissan GTR, partially pictured behind me! 

Had technical difficulties with the track addict app turning on the gopro, so no video... also finding more and more gear oil coming from the drivers rear diff to output axle seal. apparently a very common failure in the C5/C6 world. Replacing it appears easy even on a bodied vette, this will kind-of be my first real repair for cause event on the kart. not too shabby! 

Go_Gators
Go_Gators Reader
10/14/19 3:16 p.m.

Ran Event 9 (make up) yesterday. we did 4 morning runs and 4 afternoon runs. for some reason i was way too cautious in the morning and in the afternoon when i started pushing it, the kart took it really well, feeling very balanced. 

comparing speeds through elements, was consistently 4 to 5 mph faster in the afternoon. 

Was about 3 seconds off the fastest time in teh morning and 2 seconds behind the winning GTR in the afternoon. just need more seat time!

youtube link to morning and afternoon run

Next event is on the roadcourse at FIRM on the 27th, same weekend as GRM challenge... going to try to sneak down for the challenge in the kart that friday if the stars align. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/14/19 3:39 p.m.

Thanks for letting me ride it the cart Sunday.  Its definitely way faster than the challenge car!

I spent some time looking over the kart and it was very well laid out.

28 29 30
Our Preferred Partners
WBVPaeSGf5WjllsKcI4V44ZGaLauY4jcIR9JKIS1T3ylaQPTuyjP93XVhIy01lrG