1 2
Ervinr
Ervinr
7/11/20 5:39 a.m.

Hello GRM, long time lurker, first time poster. And sorry for my english.

It all started when i drove friends 700hp 190E. I liked how it sits on the road, steers and so on. Same time i builded an E36 compact for the icetrack. Couple of days later i sold it and bought an 190E from friend, since i've done many circuit, rallycross cars and so on, i wanted to build something for my self. 

Anyways the red 190 was too rusty and someone even changed the roof, it had to go for scrapmetal. 

So i bought another one, started life as 2.0 and automatic transmission. Threw those away and put an M104 3.0 engine in it. I converted it to EFI, using VEMS. Has double valvesprings, oil nozzles and oil radiator. 

Sorry for a mess :)

Manifold is almost finished.

Tested W220 brakes, uses 190 spindle, but overkill for NA streetcar, so wont using them.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/11/20 6:53 a.m.

Anyways the red 190 was too rusty and someone even changed the roof, it had to go for scrapmetal. 

Usually the roof is the part you save from the rusty one. Some people's priorities are strange! Glad you found a good one, and welcome to the asylum. Your English will probably be as good as 1/2 of Americans, so fear not.

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/11/20 10:59 a.m.

Love to see 190e content! The first step always seems to be get rid of the fuel system and then put in a manual...

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
7/11/20 11:09 a.m.

Welcome! "It all started when i drove friends 700hp 190E" is a fantastic way to introduce yourself.  GRM is the most likely place to find people who will say, "Yeah, that sounds reasonable."

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/11/20 3:31 p.m.

Sweet, love this thing 

Rocambolesque
Rocambolesque Reader
7/11/20 10:59 p.m.

Wow that header is awesome! Give us more details on the twin throttle intake please!

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
7/12/20 2:32 a.m.

Thanks for positive feedback.

Intake is pretty simple, 2xM104 throttle bodys, bmw M50 tps. This intake already proven itself on another car, engine just wanted more fuel with higher rpm, M104 breaths very well. Looking for M3 itbs in the future.

Bought this badboy, Esab sentinel a50, i would recommend.

Welded AN10 bungs for oilfilter housing.

Sadly i cant work on my car all the time. Customers 190, building evo replica for him, with turbocharged 3.2 M104.

And a little offtopic, an Fiat 133 i bought with my brother for icetrack. Needs sandblasting, little bit welding and maintenance. 

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
9/12/20 10:36 a.m.

So meanwhile i wait parts for my e190, i decided to do a fiat thing little bit. I changed the wheel bearings, all brakes are new, fuel pump, sparkplugs and so on. I sandblasted and welded the floor and painted it. 

Old muffler...

And new one.

Anyways my friend and i restored an 1981 Lada for customer, soon its gonna be rated for originality and hopefully we get "black numberplate", it means it should be atleast 95% original. It took about 6 month. Pictrue from enginebay

So one day my friend came over and told me to go ride with tank, that him and his friends restored, its and WW 2 soviet tank, was fun.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/12/20 10:52 a.m.

Excellent

thread 

where is your location? We have huge Lada club here in Los Angeles 

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
9/12/20 11:07 a.m.

This thead is like a rollercoaster that keeps going up!

I love the 190E 3.0 work. That will be a cool car when it's "finished." Nice work on the manifold/header. The W201 is my attainable dreamcar and having it specced with an M104 would be preferred. Excited to see where this goes.

Love the 133 as well!

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
9/12/20 12:00 p.m.

Thanks, im from Estonia.

Made heatshield for new manifold, added some random seat for test drive. 

And made new gaspedal, left one is original.

And bought some oldschool wolfrace wheels, fiat bolt pattern is 4x98 and wolfrace wheels are 4x100, need to figure something out

So me and my brother decided we buy some crashed bike as an donor for fiat in the future. Since the original engine is around 30kw.

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
9/12/20 1:33 p.m.

So, umm, more info on this 700hp 190E please.  I managed to start w/ a manual car (quite hard to find in the States), but even with my Microsquirt conversion the 2.3 is surely making no more than the original 130ish hp.  I've often thought how good that car would be with 200hp.  I've never said "if only this had 700hp" surprise

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
9/15/20 12:16 a.m.

In reply to NorseDave :

Vems, 1mm milled pistons, stock crank, stock rods, stock head gasket, stronger head bolts. Ill send estonian forum link later.

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
9/15/20 12:20 a.m.

So i made header for fiat, took about 5 hours, dont mind the welds, brother wanted to try tig. Needs little bit more work.

And the lada is finished, im waiting results about originality %.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/15/20 8:55 a.m.

How do you say. "I Berkleying love this" in Estonian?

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
9/15/20 12:23 p.m.

"I Berkleyng love this" - I dont know what berkleying means :D but "Persse ma armastan seda"

So, first of all, sorry for posting Fiat stuff so much lately. Today i finished manifold, bleeded the brakes and i wanted to do test run so bad, already forgot how fun this little red turd can be. So next thing i need to do is fix some coolant leak, bleed the brakes again (brother pumped the pedal and said its ok), it's not. Need to wire foglamps. Also need to figure out something with front, i dont like that camber at all...anyways test run was fun. Winter is not far and i hope i can run on the icetrack. Sharp studded tires are ready :)

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
9/15/20 2:33 p.m.

The Berkley is a bit of a long story, but it's message board specific. The magazine tried to build a Berkley - a 1950s era British sports car - into a front wheel drive, motorcycle powered, single seat monster. The build had so many setbacks and problems that when the staff set up a swear filter on the board, they replaced a popular swear word with "Berkley." Now it's reached the point where some message board users have found themselves using this substitution in real life.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/17/20 8:05 a.m.

I love the fiat! More please!

Azryael
Azryael Reader
9/19/20 1:40 a.m.

I'm a 190 fan, but I wanna see more Lada content. I miss living in Europe :(

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
9/19/20 8:16 a.m.

Berkeley is the F word that ends with K and filled with UC

Racingsnake
Racingsnake New Reader
9/19/20 9:45 a.m.

Cool thread! I had a SEAT badged 133 as my first car. I also swapped a 2.0 twin cam into a Lada which was great fun until I rolled it...

Look forward to seeing more.

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
10/11/20 8:46 a.m.

Hey, been busy lately.

Today i made bracket for oilcooler, i need to install a radiator before i can mount it finally. Since the m104 is pretty big engine in 190E, i need to figure out where to put fans.

Made quickly an tire rack for space saving. :D

Im not sure why these images turning themselves...

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
10/18/20 10:11 a.m.

So, little news with fiat thing. Original water pump started to leak, since its impossible to find new one in my country and they cost like 200-300 euros plus shipping. I decided to go with electric waterpumps. Pumps are from W210 Mercedes, together they pump 30L per minute, it should be enough. Also removed original radiator and got radiator from vw golf 2, moved it to the front. Should be little bit better for weight distribution. 

Made flange to the engine block.

Also made bracket for pumps

Radiator

And i bought another fiat 133 for parts. Has some good bits, like good gearbox and better weber carb.

And brother bought some genuine OZ gravel wheels. Whole set, one is missing from the image.

Ervinr
Ervinr New Reader
12/6/20 8:38 a.m.

So, my friend is building an another turbo mb. So we figured out turbo location, since he dont have an chassis yet, we used my 190. 

And i sandblasted diff cover, it can be found under 2.6 engine 190s. They are pretty rare here, my friend made an cnc cover for 190. So i can use big diffs from w124, pictrues of cnc cover coming soon :)

Also got new tig for set of rims, pretty good deal. I can weld aluminium now.

Also finished fiat cooling system, uses Vw golf 2 radiator, MB w210 electric waterpumps, works fine.

Relocated battery.

And winter tires on, OZ wheels are 4x98, so i dont need flanges.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
12/6/20 9:46 a.m.

Where in Estonia are you? I worked there for 2 months and brought my family.  We all loved it there.  We even had one of the gals who worked at the hotel live with us in the states when she came to visit. I was out there working on the movie Tenet.   I know a lot of local people worked on it; did you?

great cars! Love the solutions to problems such as not finding a water pump

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DWsVczGMG7eIzVXkDrlE4BJsTozyfTlw1IUWVuBpDETqmVGKjetIkzoX0zB5yGcI