2 3 4
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/21 10:32 a.m.

OMG box-flared Capri takes me to such a happy place. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/2/21 11:20 p.m.

In reply to JoeTR6 :

Thanks for that!  That will definitely be helpful.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/2/21 11:25 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

The Perana flares look great on a street car.  yes

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
6/10/21 10:11 p.m.

Gotta love eBay for stuff like out of print books... laugh

therealpinto
therealpinto Reader
6/11/21 12:41 a.m.

Yeah, that is a great book.

When I bought my Capri, the one I have now, back in 1997, a copy of that book, and David Vizards Pinto tuning book, was included.

I actually suspect that there was some kind of sign there...

Gustaf

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
6/11/21 1:37 p.m.

I also have a copy of that book.  Steve Saxty  has also written a number of books both about sporty Eruopean Fords and has one just on the Capri.

He lives in NY and attends a number of European Ford car gatherings. I believe he will be in Bowling Green, KY at the end of Sept. for a Capri meet. 

https://capriclub.com/sw2021.htm?fbclid=IwAR3Tft7CMnHtrrjGu95qPSD1j5tJ122-Exqh1eGllW0ufOGS8L2M8YbJDXc

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
7/9/21 4:44 p.m.

Well, I'm still trying to finish the book, and have been doing research on other stuff.

Since the thread can use a relatively pointless bump, I bought a couple more Capris... little ones, anyway.

I bought this Minichamps RS3100 almost 20 years ago:

And a stocker joined it about 10 years ago.

And while looking for some Capri parts, I discovered Minichamps is now doing a Capri with 1st Gen flares.  So I bought two.

An RS2600 in Grab livery:

And a plain white one, so I can test my paint plans, when the time comes... 

I'm disappointed the new Minichamps don't have the opening hood, doors and trunk, nor the detail of the RS3100.  Then again, the RS3100 seems to be trading at 2-3 times the price I paid for it 20 years ago.

Hoping to order some parts soon... just have to make some decisions on our NA Miata so I can determine what I can spend on the Capri this summer.

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
7/12/21 2:44 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Don't we all have to make some NA Miata decisions? I haven't worked on mine in years, but have to many specific pieces I made for it to close the door on that project, so it got shelved for the time being. Just remember...I want your old MKI Capri seats. I can't find Capri parts on this side of the country.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
7/12/21 8:04 p.m.

I've got some mk1 Capri seats you can have for the price of shipping. No sliders but otherwise complete. Have the backseat too if that's any use. In CA though so shipping could be rough. GRM relay?

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
7/12/21 8:45 p.m.

I expect it will be quite a while before I'm at the point where I'll be ready to let my seats go, so if you guys can work something out... yes

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
7/13/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Racingsnake :

I may well take you up on that. Shipping would have to be truck freight(IE, strap them to a pallet and I would be able to schedule a pickup though picking up from a business is much easier for freight). Since they would be going into my '66 Mustang I would need to adapt the Mustang sliders anyway(They look very similar to the early mustang seats, but with much better side bolstering, which is why I want them)

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
7/13/21 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Wicked93gs :

Sounds good, I'm sure I can find a pallet if you do decide you want them.

2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
gNdQ9hjxVM5Won3vVgoFcflzWhmVMuJmya3zndiS3fxFutrAfhMyKyk0yOhpEF3A