3 4 5
midniteson
midniteson Reader
2/4/19 10:05 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

That Celica is Sweeeet! those are the same exact seats, forgot that the GTS celica's got them as well. thanks for the link. The hand bolster pump is definitley 80s, but works well lol.

midniteson
midniteson Reader
2/10/19 5:54 a.m.

Took the T out to run some errands during a snowy evening. Everyone on the West side of Washington state is freaking out. because the region has been hit with a lot of snow all at once. It is Just another day on the east side.

This is the only time of year the little Tercel can accelerate faster than most 2wd cars, and can Drift like an ae86 corolla. It is my daily until the snow clears.

It is in its element in the snow. and is soooo fun to drive! There is nothing like doing donuts in the same kind of car you drove when you were 16.

20 years later...im a bit better at the Scandinavian flick.

The only limiting factor on a stock 4wd Tercel in the snow is ground clearance and tiny stock 175 70R13 tires.

Adding 4" of snow tire and a lift has made it unstoppable in the snow. 

Native3333
Native3333 None
3/8/19 2:24 a.m.

Nice

midniteson
midniteson Reader
3/9/19 5:34 a.m.

After 3 gamblers the bushings on the front of T were Toast.

Found the only company that Makes Poly Front sway bar and control arm bushings for the AL25 Tercel Chassis.

Had them shipped from Australia,  for the price they want for factory Toyota replacements, id rather spend the money and stiffen up the front of the car a bit. 

Was suprised and stoked they still had stock. not too many aftermarket parts dedicated to this car lol

I might do the rear bushings as well,  but they are not as worn as the front. the Tercel shares the similar rear end to the Ae86 corolla so those poly bushings are easy to find stateside.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/9/19 7:57 a.m.

In reply to midniteson :

Considering the small size of the Oz domestic market it is amazing to me that we get anything made there. I have used Super Pro parts in my Volvo 240s for 25 years, it is what IPD supplies. 

midniteson
midniteson Reader
3/9/19 3:47 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I agree!

How have your Super Pro parts held up over the years?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/9/19 4:39 p.m.

In reply to midniteson :

I get about 75k hard miles out of the upper trailing arm bushings I use on the rear suspension of my 245. That is all I am using as I like the sloppy rubber on the front sway bar, it keeps the car tail happy. The upper rear bushings add a lot of rear roll resistance, combine that with the soft frontcheeky I love oversteer...

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/19/19 12:18 a.m.

Been a while since an update. i have some epic stuff to share! So after running an track day event in my Firebird, with my friend at Portland international raceway, he mentioned that there was an Toyota themed track day that he was going to.

I asked him to ask the organizer if i could bring my Tercel.  he laughed and said sure i bet he'd be into a lifted tercel running around. Afew days later i got an invite. turns out he's an awesome guy we many know on here Oldskewltoy!

For his 60th birthday he organized a Track day event held at Oregon raceway park. 

So with about two weeks till track day i started preparations for the Tercel Track attack! I pulled the car out of storage and started to daily drive it to work out the quirks. 

week one.  carb and Valve adjustment so i can rev the snot out of the poor 63 hp 3ac

Week Two: install bushings and inspect all the suspension bits. Upon inspection ball joint were shot and needed replacing as well. tires were toast and need replacing too. 

With no Truck and Trailer I would be Driving The Tercel To and From the event, about 220 miles round trip. 

more to come...

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/19/19 2:33 a.m.

After a quick Thrash to get the car done I mounted some used 20575r15 tires  (was on jackstands right until i hit the road)  and I hit the road to oregon from Washington.

The car made it there without a hitch. Had to take it easy going up the mountain passes, as to be expected, but after the suspension upgrades the car had never handled better. 

After a fun night camped out with the other guys at the track the real party got started... an Amazing line up of rare old toyotas all got prepped for the day ahead. Never saw so many rare track ready toyotas (and an LS swapped Blazer) in one place Here is a Line up...

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/19/19 2:34 a.m.

I got my Helmet on, and got to business. I have run Oregon Raceway Park before so i had that going for me. 

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/19/19 2:42 a.m.

With wet conditions in the morning, and a few green drivers, i wasnt the slowest car out there! I did not hold back Went for broke and let her rip! The Car handled suprisingly well and was tail happy just the way i like it! brakes did not fade Hit my marks every corner and had a blast. 

I got to drive the slow car fast and learned alot! I also accomplished a personal goal of prepping and tracking this obscure car! i have about $1200 dollars into it including purchase price. 

This car also holds the crown of Only stock road course driven Tercel4wd that i have ever heard of! 

midniteson
midniteson Reader
10/19/19 2:52 a.m.

Made it 120 miles home without a hitch after beating it on the track.

Big thanks are in order to Oldskewltoy for an event of a lifetime. Such a great group of guys! made a lot of friends and will never forget the sounds of 4ag engines bouncing all around me.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/19/19 7:58 a.m.

Nice! I bet that thing would be a blast to rallycross too.

midniteson
midniteson Reader
4/3/20 9:20 p.m.

Been stuck at home, and figured id install this wheel i got for the tercel. I love the look of the Celica gt wheel, but i  needed the space from the turn signal stalk. forgot to bring the horn button with me to where it is stored, but im liking it. 

" />">

" />" />" />

" />

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
29y842TbcRIVPszpy4YAu7TNwsL5ZbiKpq71TY8VbPOBB4jrlKgBESjfGuFXdKqF