1 2 3 4
ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
5/4/13 2:30 p.m.

Awesome thread, I bet you could sell that table for about what the car cost!

Have you had any problems with the minimal rear suspension travel while rallycrossing? Is the car at stock height? (looks like it...) If not do you know what spring/strut combo it is?

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
5/4/13 2:37 p.m.
ShadowSix wrote: Awesome thread, I bet you could sell that table for about what the car cost! Have you had any problems with the minimal rear suspension travel while rallycrossing? Is the car at stock height? (looks like it...) If not do you know what spring/strut combo it is?

Thanks!

I have not seen any issues with suspension travel, but it is indeed the stock height. When I replaced the struts, I went with KYB Excel-Gs (Same as GR-2) and the stock springs the car had already. She handles awesome!

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
5/12/13 8:40 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nnsSaNj_w&hd=1

Showing how much fun A.M.E.C Ice Racing is, as a way to get used to my new video software!

Just a very basic highlight reel created as I familiarize myself with Sony Vegas Studio. Can't wait to get new footage and create more advanced editing!

crxmike
crxmike New Reader
5/13/13 9:10 p.m.

Bubby! Nice build thread, good luck in NY this weekend. I will see you at Okemo.

Mike in PF Neon

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
5/24/13 8:30 a.m.

Northeast National Challenge Champion in Stock FWD, and I also got a medal for 3rd fastest OVERALL time behind a stripped, turbocharged AWD Audi with gravel tires! I’d say this has been a successful weekend! Between the racing success and the successful 650 mile round-trip there and back, once again this car never ceases to amaze!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
5/24/13 12:10 p.m.

Nice work! Those cars are great!

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/1/13 3:41 p.m.

Another win yesterday at Okemo RallyCross, and all of the effort I put into finding and fixing up Raven has payed off in a huge way. I've had over 7,000 miles of reliable daily driving with minimal issues, worked a TSD Rally and plan to actually run a TSD one of these days, had a successful debut and ABSOLUTE BLAST Ice Racing, along with some extremely fun and memorable RallyCross drives with lots of hardware taken home! All in a car that I was once standing inside its empty engine bay for the quintessential engine swap photo. I'm so glad I went with my heart and got the exact car I wanted!

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/1/13 6:10 p.m.

Outstanding Grassroots effort and great accomplishments!

That ice racing looks like tons of fun!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
7/3/13 3:35 p.m.

nice work. . . but I'm not exactly sure how the daily driver duties are hurting it more than rallyx. . . . I put 5 times that many miles on my 280z restomod and it seems to be holding up just fine. but still, awesome Nissan. . . i'll have to show this thread to my wife. . help motivate her on her B14 project

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/4/13 1:44 a.m.
2K4Kcsq wrote: nice work. . . but I'm not exactly sure how the daily driver duties are hurting it more than rallyx. . . . I put 5 times that many miles on my 280z restomod and it seems to be holding up just fine. but still, awesome Nissan. . . i'll have to show this thread to my wife. . help motivate her on her B14 project

Thank you!

Far as the "hurting" is concerned, I'm talking about road salt here in the Northeast. Won't be driving it in the winter anymore to prevent it from turning into a cloud of rust!

That's cool to hear that your wife has a B14 project, I just picked up a B14 200SX SE-R!

2K4Kcsq
2K4Kcsq Reader
7/4/13 3:12 p.m.

Nice! we are currently trying to source an SR 5spd, ECU and harness as well as the mounts & axles, all for bottom dollar prices. Her 200 is in great shape, handles better than any car I have, just came with the wrong engine. lol

keep up the good work!

ApacheXMD
ApacheXMD
7/6/13 12:22 a.m.

Awesome car. I used to own a 92 SE-R, and you are making me miss it.

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/13/13 9:04 p.m.

Got to use a shop lift today to fix some odds and ends. Nice to have a sway bar that is attached at BOTH ends again! Also fixed my parking brake linkage and tightened up a loose strut top.

I will be at New England Forest Rally running a display for SCCA RallyCross, maybe I'll see you there!

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
7/26/13 10:11 p.m.

Spotted the SE-R at Rally Village this afternoon. Looks damn good on NX2k 14s!

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/30/13 7:27 a.m.

^ Thank you sir! The NX2000 wheels definitely look great on the B13!

On that note, the NEFR 2013 display went awesome on Friday, and on Saturday I went out on the stages as a Spectator Marshal! Here is a video of some of the top drivers' flybys! Ken Block, David Higgins, 2WD winner Brendan Reeves and fellow Australian and all-round badass Will Orders with his Toyota GT86 (Subaru BRZ) ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GW6ZcZojI&hd=1

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
7/30/13 6:22 p.m.

Have to say, NEFR was good for my family this year. Steve LaRoza let my 8yo daughter sit in his Fiesta R2 at Parc Expose on Friday, and I got endearing shots of Block with my kids not 5 minutes later. Hung out with Chris Duplessis TWICE on Saturday. No Pastrana = no brotato meatheads. All was well other than the douchebags who wouldn't stay out of the road at the Fish Pond spectator area after Medical Sweep.

Is it July 2014 yet?

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
7/30/13 7:37 p.m.
ValuePack wrote: Have to say, NEFR was good for my family this year. Steve LaRoza let my 8yo daughter sit in his Fiesta R2 at Parc Expose on Friday, and I got endearing shots of Block with my kids not 5 minutes later. Hung out with Chris Duplessis TWICE on Saturday. No Pastrana = no brotato meatheads. All was well other than the douchebags who wouldn't stay out of the road at the Fish Pond spectator area after Medical Sweep. Is it July 2014 yet?

That's what I love about the entire Stage Rally community, even the Top Dogs so to speak absolutely LOVE to chat with anyone that comes their way, there isn't any of the "ivory tower" mentality that you see in other top-tier motorsports.

Same here about next year! Did you see that they are running Climb To The Clouds at Mt. Washington again next year? Can't wait!

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
7/30/13 7:54 p.m.

I must get to Mt Washington next year, at least for a day. We usually blow it off to do NEFR, but God only knows when they're running it again.

I really need more vacation time.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
7/31/13 10:02 a.m.

Seeing those first photos of you working on the car in the snow made my fingers ache.

Great read btw. Please continue to post.

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
8/15/13 8:18 p.m.

What an amazing Racing Against Leukemia weekend. Enjoyed the friendship and camaraderie of my fellow racers and helped to raise money for leukemia research. Committed to the RallyCross National Championship, did surprisingly well at Autocross, worked checkpoints for the TSD Rally, won an impromptu Razor Scooter time trial on the Autocross course (most important), came in a surprising 3rd place in the Unlimited-class "DoubleCross", and took the win at RallyCross Against Leukemia!

Planning on contesting this year's RallyCross National Championship in Tulsa, Oklahoma in October, and doing my first Hill Climb in September!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAiY9ITsCgU&hd=1

spnx
spnx Reader
8/15/13 8:32 p.m.

Fun thread. I like it!

<--- former NX2000 rally car co-driver

My car's tarmac-only

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
8/16/13 12:05 a.m.

Dude you are killing it in this thing! Nice work!

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
10/10/13 3:56 p.m.

Figured it's finally time for an update!

The RallyCross National Championship finally happened last weekend after a couple months of anticipation and prep! Headed out last Wednesday morning from my hometown in NH to Massachusetts to meet up with a fellow racer, load up on his two-car trailer and head out to Tulsa, Oklahoma to duke it out with the National crowd!

On the way out to Tulsa, I developed a nasty illness of some sort but decided to press on regardless. Otherwise, the trip out was excellent. Set off at 10AM Eastern on that Wednesday and arrived in Tulsa at 5PM Central on Thursday. Despite feeling awful, I helped set up the Test N' Tune course and helped with Tech Inspection all day Friday.

The National Championship was an amazing experience as I was able to see that the National RallyCross crowd is just as laid back, friendly and full of good sportsmanship as my regional races.

Despite my illness, I am extremely happy to come out to Nationals first time out and take a trophy spot! The three ahead of me have serious racing pedigrees (Pike's Peak, Stage Rally and of course years of RX Nationals), so I am really happy to be right behind them off the bat! New 2013 Champion and 2009 Champion Tim Hardy said that I did much better than he did at his first National, so I will take that! Very happy with this event after all of the prep and the trip out here.

This year, they decided to let Champions / trophy winners take their hardware directly home and then mail out a plate with name and position. In previous years, they just have hardware at the event for photos and then they engrave and mail the trophies out afterward.

The New England Region SCCA crew. I am standing a bit further away from everyone due to my aforementioned illness. It took the photographer two or three times to get a shot where I wasn't holding back a cough or sneeze!

Lots of hardware for NER! Chang Ho Kim took the Prepared FWD National Championship, Warren Elliot took Modified AWD for his third consecutive National Championship win, I took fourth in Stock FWD and Scott Carlson took fifth in Modified FWD!

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
10/10/13 6:57 p.m.

Sweet victory! Haven't seen Chang Ho Kim since RAL TSD in '04, glad to see he's still in the game. Is Fun Hondas still around?

Lof8
Lof8 Reader
10/10/13 7:14 p.m.

I like everything that's going on in here. Great job. I'm much impressed by the wrenching out in the snow!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g63HLjeT2SbLHPrJjZa8WI26r522YylvQTioJeUsdAMOUZRg2J8o2gQk2TMgmc6q