1 2 3
Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
4/1/18 1:58 p.m.

For master cylinders using Sn95 brakes most swap and use the SN95 M/C. However you do have the choice of 94-95 cobra, 93 cobra and SVO M/C as well. each with a slightly different feel. softest feel, one which will utilize the most of the pedal motion before lockup is the 94-95 cobra being a 15/16" bore, followed by the 93 cobra 1" bore, and the SN95 1-1/16" bore and lastly the SVO at 1-1/8" bore. 

Ive found that 94 cobra, 93 cobra work well with the stock booster. The SN95 M/C is quite stiff ive found with the fox booster, but just right with the SN95 or 93 cobra boosters. and the SVO requires at least a SN95 or Cobra booster. Both the booster and M/C paired will give you the pedal feel. Ive got a good friend even whom is running SN95 front and rear disk brakes on the stock Fox Master/Booster with a proportioning valve that quite dialed in and despite being very very soft pedal it seems to function very well for autocross and 0-60-0 events he takes part in

If you do wish to run the SN95 booster be aware that it does take some hammering of the strut tower and elongating of the booster mount bolts to get to fit. 

Here is my 89 with SN95 booster and M/C. Im running 99-04 PBR GT front calipers and, SN95 rear brakes

and my rear wheel fit with SN95 axles and 275/45r17 on all four corners lowered 2"

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/21/18 11:57 a.m.

Need to toss in the springs and put on the shocks.... Oh, and the sway bar! 

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/21/18 2:18 p.m.

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/21/18 2:21 p.m.

So  was going to paint everything the same color, but my bro n law says the different color provide good contrast... I think he might be right. What should I do? Thoughts?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
4/21/18 10:27 p.m.

Are you talking about a paint job for the body?  Or are you talking about the suspension components like silver control arms and orange shocks and blue springs?

I think it's your car and you should do what you want ;). 

On my car I am glad, however that my new rear lower control arms are black and my springs came in black.  I still have red shocks and struts.  I thought about painting them black...but I didn't

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/22/18 7:52 p.m.

Got the SVE caster camber plates installed, then got lazy. Lol

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
4/28/18 10:50 p.m.

Just a word of warning about the SN95 rear end and its added width.  I mentioned that I haven't had any problems with mine.  That was the case with motorsport c springs and stock rear suspension components.

Well today I got it out for the first time this year after putting on the MM adjustable rear lower control arms.  With the rear setting low the tires will rub on the fender lip.  I'm either going to have to raise it back up and/or roll my fenders.  I sure wish I had a fox width rear right now ;)

Crackers
Crackers Dork
4/28/18 11:09 p.m.

I think the obvious answer here is box flares. 

I'm also a fan of high contrast color schemes. 

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/29/18 10:08 a.m.

Today I was suppose to get help from my brother n law and my uncle. Tried calling my uncle, no answer. Went out there and chis car was there and I could hear the TV on. Pounded on the door, windows, etc. No answer. He owes me $400 bucks and I was going to knock off $20 an hour for his help, as he's short on money. Err, I'm not happy.

Yesterday I went an hour of my time fixing my bro n laws mowing deck. It broke at the end of last season so he borrowed my rider, then blew it up. So I fixed his and then mowed their grass to make sure it was going to hold up. In return, he was supposed to help me this morning. Called him up, and he's now busy.

Got mad, went to the local dinner to eat breakfast. After that I'm going to go and finish it up myself. Errrrr

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/29/18 7:54 p.m.

The new spring isolators I got from lmr fit really loose and I couldn't get the bottom of the spring to sit in the perch while jacking it up. Spent over an hour trying to get it to work. Finally got mad and took the isolators off and the springs went right in. 30 bucks wasted. Now it's going to have a slight rake, so I might pull the rear isolators off to.

Got one side done, I guess I lost one of the strut spacers that came with the caster chamber plates so I got mad and stopped for tonight. Should only take 30 mins to button it up.

I'm so over working on this thing for a while. I'm going to finish up the suspension and toss the seats and carpet in and run up and get it inspected... Then I'm just going to drive it for a few weeks.

I totally forget about the broken wheel stud until after I bolted the spindle into place. Err.

Set the tires on, they're not bolted down. The suspension not load bearing in front, but is load bearing in the rear. I think the front while sit perfect. Probably going to remove the isos in the rear for more low.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
4/29/18 8:44 p.m.

4 out of 5 ain't bad!

If anyone notices, just tell them you haven't quite finished the 5 lug conversion on that corner.  

Project86fox
Project86fox New Reader
4/30/18 7:46 p.m.

Rushcanuck
Rushcanuck New Reader
4/30/18 8:10 p.m.

Looking good dude!

Project86fox
Project86fox Reader
5/5/18 6:39 p.m.

Drove the car for the first time in months. Got it done, but nobody was there to help me bleed the brakes, so they aren't functional just yet. I live just a few house down from my sister's (where the garage is), so i went ahead and drove it home anyways. Now I just need to bleed the brakes and get the front end aligned... And change the mid pipe.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
5/5/18 8:52 p.m.

Those are my favorite variant of Cobra wheels, and they look great on your car!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
5/6/18 8:43 a.m.

Yeah...it's looking really good.  I like those wheels, too.  And that '85-'86 front bumper cover is about my favorite, I think.  The car is sitting well.  If you ever make it up here to Columbia, we'll drive up some twisty roads together and confuse people.

Project86fox
Project86fox Reader
5/6/18 10:22 a.m.

I need to get the brakes bleed and get the front end aligned. I want to put some miles on this thing this summer.

Project86fox
Project86fox Reader
7/18/18 7:15 a.m.

I got the new carpet in, new/used front seats in... installed a console delete piece that goes around the ebrake.

It looks good.... 

Yesterday I pulled the catted muffler shop style h pipe off, and was getting ready to install the mac pro chamber, but some thing came up and I had to bail on it. I'm off of work today and the rest of the week on vacation... so I'm hoping to knock out the h pipe today.

I'm hoping to get the master cylinder changed over, but the proportioning valve, and to get the brakes bleed.

Then the last thing I'll need to do is get the front end aligned and she will finally be driveable. Pics coming this afternoon.

Project86fox
Project86fox Reader
8/24/18 10:07 a.m.

Woot woot, got it semi done (till winter.) Got to button up one or two more things then try getting it inspected Monday. Drove it around the backroads a bit, probably 10 miles or so. The furthest it's been driven in a year and a half 

Project86fox
Project86fox Reader
11/18/18 8:41 p.m.

My uncle is supposed to take it in to get it inspected tomorrow. Probably wont have time to get it licensed until Saturday. Cant wait to drive it for a month or two (on nice dry days) before it goes back in for the drivetrain upgrades. Explorer gt40p long block, Alex springs, tfs1 cam, t5 swap, and of course switching it over to mass air.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ay6FxTpEhEGzFQGoPHxYmjId2Q6C9DSwicO5YOI3xxrO3zXH9XXhgKKjdphl14dQ